KFDM Sports - WOS football player, two other students suspended

ljeicp08

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rykerx144

You think people will not know who it was tommorow night? Are you guys that dense?

Interesting that he will miss the HF game!  ::)

Of course people are going to find out.  People will find out one way or antoher but I agree it does not need to be through our website.  We do not need or want that reputation. 

You think people will not know who it was tommorow night? Are you guys that dense?

im sure whatever the player did he had it planned out so it would happen the week of the hf game.  ::)  all the while knowing he wouldnt be missed against hf.

i guess for some there always has to be an underlying motive for every action. paranoid much?

im sure whatever the player did he had it planned out so it would happen the week of the hf game.  ::)  all the while knowing he wouldnt be missed against hf.

i guess for some there always has to be an underlying motive for every action. paranoid much?

Where is it that I implied he "PLANNED" it for the HF game? I simply implied that the one game that WOS could miss a key player is this one!

Of course people are going to find out.  People will find out one way or antoher but I agree it does not need to be through our website.  We do not need or want that reputation. 

Since he's a minor a name can't be mentioned at this time, The SUPER at WO-S explained this as well.

Where is it that I implied he "PLANNED" it for the HF game? I simply implied that the one game that WOS could miss a key player is this one!

oh,my bad, i must have misunderstood the little rolling eyes guy. no implications there.    :-*

My guess is that we are talking about more than one game so regardless of intent it's irrelevant.

Since he's a minor a name can't be mentioned at this time, The SUPER at WO-S explained this as well.

They are all 3 minors.

My guess is that we are talking about more than one game so regardless of intent it's irrelevant.

Yes!

Locked are not respect the kid(s) and his family. Put the shoe on the other foot and think how you would want it to be handled if it was your child. You wouldn't want others going on some site talking about your kid would you?

You are correct I would not want  my child in this situation.  However, when a person gets themselves into a bad situation, that person needs to know the consequences are beyond his/her control.  We are unable to control any part of society's reaction to an action.  It is an essential part of life's lessons.  Lets not blame the posters for what they say, because the rules for them are the same.  If they too, screw up;  you, myself, and the rest of us will most likely have a statement or an opinion.  All of us dogs will have our day.

I dont see it being locked as long as all the post are civil and respectful.  As long as there is no names given, speculations, rumors, or assumptions posted it should not be locked.  Keep it clean and should not be locked!

If there are no rumors, speculations or assumptions, what would there be to talk about?  :D

I dont see it being locked as long as all the post are civil and respectful.  As long as there is no names given, speculations, rumors, or assumptions posted it should not be locked.  Keep it clean and should not be locked!

If there are no rumors, speculations or assumptions, what would there be to talk about?  :D

Thats Funny..............1 1/2 pages left  ;)

Thats Funny..............1 1/2 pages left  ;)

every time i look at your avatar it reminds me of:

do you know who this is?......

no......who is this is?    :D

First of all, one of the player's is not a minor. He is no more a minor than the two football players from Silsbee who's name was plastered all over KFDM when the cheerleader rape case went public.

I don't have a problem keeping the names of these kids off the boards, but let's not be two-faced about it. Don't claim it the reason being he is a minor. That simply is not the case.

they dropped the name last night on the high school sports show on espn radio, so i don't think it will be a secret for long. i'm not going to be the one that puts it out here out of respect, but it will show up in print soon. there's no way to keep it a secret.

I understand that they did.  But we will not here as it is not only a respect issue (although that is one consideration), it is  a legal. one as well  First of all, we do not have with any certainty the identity of the people involved.  Can you imagine the legal ramifications of identifying the WRONG person? We don't want to risk that.  Second, if the laws do not allow the West Orange-Cove CISD and Channel 6 not to release the names, I am pretty sure that they do not allow us to release to the names.  97.5 may interpret the laws differently....they have the resources to fight such a legal battle, we do not. 

Will the identity of one or more or the folks become apparent on Friday night?  Maybe.  But that would not discharge us here legally.

Thus, until as such time as that name is released by the school district or local media, either of which would signal that it is within the law to publish the names, the names of those suspended will NOT be published here.  Any attempt to do so will deleted upon finding it.

Will the thread continue?  Of course.  As AAW said, the fact that they are minors should not protect them from scrutiny.  Much as it pains me to have such talk about my alma mater, it happened and is a relevant issue as long as it is kept within the parameters of the rules of board.

First of all you cannot compare an internet message board to channel 6 news or a newspaper for that matter,  setxsports is not going to get sued over someone printing a persons name in good light or bad light, we accuse our players of being great and drop their names everyday.

with that said, what did some kids do to get in trouble who ever they may be. and will it be more than a game or two..

First of all you cannot compare an internet message board to channel 6 news or a newspaper for that matter,  setxsports is not going to get sued over someone printing a persons name in good light or bad light, we accuse our players of being great and drop their names everyday.

with that said, what did some kids do to get in trouble who ever they may be. and will it be more than a game or two..

T-Daddy, I can assure you that courts do not agree with you on that.  Setxsports WOULD be liable.  If you disagee, I am sure that the board owner would be more than happy to accept your guarantee of indemnity or payment o any attorney fees.