Hamshire-Fannett needs a change!!

gcodyh

I'm really disappointed in my Longhorns this year.  But its not their fault.  The Head Coach is trying to run a 3A program like a 5A program.  The kids in 3A programs need to play however many sports they want to play not concentrate on one because then you get most of your athletes play one sport and its not football, so that's one reason your losing every game.  HF has plenty of talent at the school why not use it to your advantage besides being just a football coach!  I Hope Coach Tilton our defensive coordinator gets the head coaching position next year because he knows Longhorn Spirit and Pride that we have always been known for.  It has faded completely away since Coach Tarver left.  Coach Tilton was his defensive coordinator back in the good old days  (O zone)!!!  I hope this message gets out!

Thanks,  C/O '97 longhorn strong

Has nothing to do with 8 starters out with injuries and a team full of sophomores playing? The young kids are getting great experience for the future. They lost a lot last year...if you were paying attention you knew this was going to be a tough year. I don't know anything about the coach...I'm just saying what I've been seeing over the past years.

Guest HFGirlsSportsFan

I'm really disappointed in my Longhorns this year.  But its not their fault.  The Head Coach is trying to run a 3A program like a 5A program.  The kids in 3A programs need to play however many sports they want to play not concentrate on one because then you get most of your athletes play one sport and its not football, so that's one reason your losing every game.  HF has plenty of talent at the school why not use it to your advantage besides being just a football coach!  I Hope Coach Tilton our defensive coordinator gets the head coaching position next year because he knows Longhorn Spirit and Pride that we have always been known for.  It has faded completely away since Coach Tarver left.  Coach Tilton was his defensive coordinator back in the good old days  (O zone)!!!  I hope this message gets out!

Thanks,  C/O '97 longhorn strong

To my knowledge, a lot of kids are choosing to focus on a single sport other than football.  Whether you like or dislike the coach, you have to have kids who want to play.  Are you suggesting that football should be mandatory?  I moved here at the end of the Tarver era.  Different times.  Back then you didn't consistently play schools with double our enrollment.  The classes coming up started playing football a lot earlier than Middle School.  Maybe they have developed a love of the game and things will turnaround.

I'm really disappointed in my Longhorns this year.  But its not their fault.  The Head Coach is trying to run a 3A program like a 5A program.  The kids in 3A programs need to play however many sports they want to play not concentrate on one because then you get most of your athletes play one sport and its not football, so that's one reason your losing every game.  HF has plenty of talent at the school why not use it to your advantage besides being just a football coach!  I Hope Coach Tilton our defensive coordinator gets the head coaching position next year because he knows Longhorn Spirit and Pride that we have always been known for.  It has faded completely away since Coach Tarver left.  Coach Tilton was his defensive coordinator back in the good old days  (O zone)!!!  I hope this message gets out!

Thanks,  C/O '97 longhorn strong

I think this guy is the only one who knows what he's talkin about! .two more players have just quit the team after the loss to orangefield.  I think that leaves about 6 or 7 seniors on the team.  Coming out of middle school, our grade was one of the better teams in our district and that continued when we got into high school.  Everytime we went against wos or silsbee or bridge city, it was always a close game.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder