*Hardin vs. Anahuac/Anahuac wins 55-0/comments

I've seen Kirbyville play, I've seen Anahuac play, and Anahuac is the better team.  Not by much, but they are better.  Kirbyville is prone to putting the ball on the ground.  Anahuac will capitalize on that. 

As for Hardin saving Villamez for a team the "know they can beat".....I dont even know what to say.  That is basically saying that coming into the Anahuac game, their coaches and players had conceided that they were going to get beat by Anahuac.  But, now that I say it, they played like they knew they had no chance.  If there is any fact to this rumor as to why MV didn't play, Haynes should be fired!  That is a very poor attitude.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this kid is healthy he plays plain and simple.I don't know of any coach in se texas who would set their best ball player in a district game.That being said you would think a D1 player would make a significant difference in a 2-a ballgame.Gotta disagree about a Kirbyville match up with Anahuac.It would be close but Kirbyvilles schedule will have them ready while Anahuac won't be tested the rest of the regular season.

I've seen Kirbyville play, I've seen Anahuac play, and Anahuac is the better team.  Not by much, but they are better.  Kirbyville is prone to putting the ball on the ground.  Anahuac will capitalize on that. 

As for Hardin saving Villamez for a team the "know they can beat".....I dont even know what to say.  That is basically saying that coming into the Anahuac game, their coaches and players had conceided that they were going to get beat by Anahuac.  But, now that I say it, they played like they knew they had no chance.  If there is any fact to this rumor as to why MV didn't play, Haynes should be fired!  That is a very poor attitude.

Mitch was not fully recovered from the ankle injury and did not participate in full contact practice during the week of the game. He wanted to play but the coaches were relunctant to play him because he was not fully recovered from his injury. They knew he needed another week to heal. They told him he on the sideline that he would not play, ofcourse he did not take that well at all and eventually went out and played in limited duties. Anahuac will go big school in the playoffs, the rest of the district is fighting for the two seeds in small school.

Guest baseball25

Rebels come on now needs to be fired? Do you know how many games haynes has won and lost in his career? Villemez didn't practice for 2 weeks you got to keep your workhorse healthy.

Guest ECBucFan

As for Hardin saving Villamez for a team the "know they can beat".....I dont even know what to say.  That is basically saying that coming into the Anahuac game, their coaches and players had conceided that they were going to get beat by Anahuac.  But, now that I say it, they played like they knew they had no chance.  If there is any fact to this rumor as to why MV didn't play, Haynes should be fired!  That is a very poor attitude.

Mitch was not fully recovered from the ankle injury and did not participate in full contact practice during the week of the game. He wanted to play but the coaches were relunctant to play him because he was not fully recovered from his injury.

Mitch Villemez   7   68   9.7   0   0

10 yards a pop and they say he is "was too injured to play" ?  ::)  Gimmie a break!   Its unfathomable to me that a coach would hold out someone to "later beat someone who they know they can beat". 10 yards a pop. Wow.  

As for Hardin saving Villemez for a team the "know they can beat".....I don't even know what to say.  That is basically saying that coming into the Anahuac game, their coaches and players had conceided that they were going to get beat by Anahuac.  But, now that I say it, they played like they knew they had no chance.  If there is any fact to this rumor as to why MV didn't play, Haynes should be fired!  That is a very poor attitude.

Mitch was not fully recovered from the ankle injury and did not participate in full contact practice during the week of the game. He wanted to play but the coaches were relunctant to play him because he was not fully recovered from his injury.

Mitch Villemez   7   68   9.7  0   0

10 yards a pop and they say he is "was too injured to play" ?  ::)  Gimmie a break!   Its unfathomable to me that a coach would hold out someone to "later beat someone who they know they can beat". 10 yards a pop. Wow.  

I agree completely. If you have a guy who is averaging 10 yards per carry there is no reason to only give him 7 carries and get shut out. This basically looks like Hardin came in this game with their sack tucked back and ready to quit from the beginning. There is no excuse for that.

"Hello?! You play to win the game!!"

edwards_herman0108.jpg

No excuse for that??  Are you a coach?  I doubt it.  The REASON would have been to not have him on the injury too much when it was not completely healed. DUH!!  That would have been stupid. No, when the game got out of hand, it would have been idiotic!!  Remember he hadn't practiced any that week.

Guest baseball25

HE  wasn't a 100 percent for the 30th time guys, he didn't practice for 2 weeks, he wasn't in condition to run the ball 25 plus times, I mean villemez is that good that if he's 70 percent he can still make things happen but why no get him 100 percent for EC, because I think we will see what happen last year to EC a dose of too much VILLEMEZ.

Let's face it, whether he touched the ball 7 times or 30 times during the game Hardin had no chance of winning last Friday night.  Everybody can coach from the sidelines or the stands, and it was Coach Haynes call to keep Villemez rested - this gamble could pay off for the Hornets, who knows?  It was 34-0 @ the half and I probably would have kept him on the bench as well - especially since their defense couldn't stop us anyway.

Yes you play to win the game Mr. Burgundy, however, this game was lost before they stepped off the bus.  Anahuac has rebounded very well after their loss to Kinkaid and the team just looks like a well-oiled machine - kudos to the coaching staff!  Still have a ways to go in this district, but the future looks bright.  Go AP!

So since Tebow hasn't really gotten to practice for the last two weeks, do you think that Urban Meyer will hold him out of the LSU game?  I mean, keeping him healthy will make their chances of winning out better and a loss to the #4 team in the nation might not keep them out of the BCS championship game.  Especially if LSU loses another game.  So maybe Meyer should just hold Tebow out of the game.

That scenario is unthinkable because Urban Meyer wants to win them all.  Obviously Haynes doesnt'.  Villamez didn't walk hurt or run hurt.  He averaged 10 yards per carry.  If he had been in teh game from teh beginning he might have taken a little of that pressure off of Taylor and he might have gotten off to a better start throwing the ball.  A coach, team, and community that will tolerate not playing a game to win is unthinkable.  But I am now aware that one exists.

Anahuac has a pretty good team, but who have they played???. Kirbyville has played much stronger competition than Anahuac and it will show when they meet in the second round. If they thought Kirbyville defense hit 'em in the mouth last year wait until we play this year. Good Luck!

Enough about the schedule already, how 'bout some dang praise for routing the Hornets!  If you had the chance to observe what's going on out on the field you would see that Anahuac is simply executing and winning the battle at the line - offense and defense.  We all know that K'ville will be tough to beat, but there's no doubt our chances are better this year than last year.  The Wildcats just don't have the same swagger about them and the Panthers are much improved.  Time will tell!

I understand you are a Panther fan to the heart, Kirbyville has alot of speed and their offense will start peaking this friday....bet that!! I agree that Anahuac has a good shot, but aint no doubt in my mind that Kirbyville will beat yall down once again because of the strengh of schedule. Anahuac hasn't played against a defense that is physical.

We will see who's the better team now that we have 2 key players back on the field.

We will see who's the better team now that we have 2 key players back on the field.

Like I stated earlier, time will tell. 

Anachuac wont beat K-ville

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Anahuac can play some ball...

Any average team can play some ball against some very weak teams. I'm not taking nothing away from Anahuac, they have some talented players, but until they beat Kirbyville they haven't played nobody. I can promise that will be something difficult for them to do. Our offense has been a lil out of sync since the start of the season because of the Qb situation and turnovers, but will start peaking weekly considering we got two stud players back. One of our players haven't played since the state game last year and the other missed two years. Good luck!!

One question...where is BushPilot???

I'm here, just got bored with all you haters. There's nothing worse than people who hate on other schools who's own school hasn't done crap. Anahuac, they can hate on whoever they want to right now, EC looking good, Buna still in there, Liberty.......uh no.

One question...where is BushPilot???

I'm here, just got bored with all you haters. There's nothing worse than people who hate on other schools who's own school hasn't done crap. Anahuac, they can hate on whoever they want to right now, EC looking good, Buna still in there, Liberty.......uh no.

...just makin' sure you didnt abandon your post..

So since Tebow hasn't really gotten to practice for the last two weeks, do you think that Urban Meyer will hold him out of the LSU game?  I mean, keeping him healthy will make their chances of winning out better and a loss to the #4 team in the nation might not keep them out of the BCS championship game.  Especially if LSU loses another game.  So maybe Meyer should just hold Tebow out of the game.

That scenario is unthinkable because Urban Meyer wants to win them all.  Obviously Haynes doesnt'.  Villamez didn't walk hurt or run hurt.  He averaged 10 yards per carry.  If he had been in teh game from teh beginning he might have taken a little of that pressure off of Taylor and he might have gotten off to a better start throwing the ball.  A coach, team, and community that will tolerate not playing a game to win is unthinkable.  But I am now aware that one exists.

Let's see if we can put this is plain English so you people can understand.

1. Tim Tebow has nothing to do with this.  He can not come back until a doctor clears him...so maybe he will be held out.

2. Mitch was wearing a brace so no, he would probably not look look injured.

3. If you put too much strain on an unhealed injury you could reinjure it and  make it take longer to heal   

completely.

4. NO coach with an ounce of sense would take a chance on a player being out even longer because he let him

play too much before he was completely ready.  He doesn't want to do something stupid  that  might keep

him out the rest of the season.

5.  Every coach wants to win every game,

6.  I hope you never coach a team of any kind, because you evidently put the win over the well being of the

boys or girls on you team.

7.  You don't act like a rebel for Christ.  You run down the decisions others make and you don't even know the

"why's" and the facts.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder