MID COUNTY MADNESS...Who Wins? PN-G Or Nederland?

KFDM COOP

MID COUNTY MADNESS...Who Wins? PN-G Or Nederland?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. MID COUNTY MADNESS...Who Wins? PN-G Or Nederland?

• PN-G
    • Nederland

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brubaker

png will be better next year and in 2 years will be even better.not saying nederland wont be good but were trending in different directions.

You're referring to this year's sophomore classes.  I'd say that Nederland's Fresh/Soph classes are two of the best they've had in a long time... maybe since Neumann has been here.  The PNG Soph class is strong, the freshman class is not.  Tough to predict future success based on 7th/8th grades, but based on what's happening in the 7th/8th grades, Nederland will be stronger athletically than PNG.

"Oh yea, thats right. We're 4-0." Get a hold of yourself PNG people. Look at who've you played. A game against Brabers Hill that was way closer than it should have been, Crosby (Enough said), and an interception away from overtime against LCM. Wait, who? Thats right, LCM. PNG is just like Ole' Miss, they have yet to prove a thing. Lets take a look at what it would be like if PNG had Nederland's schedule and vice versa. PNG would be 1-3 with their only win coming against Ozen. They would have gotten crushed against WOS, Waller and Friendswood. And Nederland would be a sure 4-0. This is gonna be a better game than everyone thinks, just watch. You PNG people don't want to believe this but its true.

png will be better next year and in 2 years will be even better.not saying nederland wont be good but were trending in different directions.

You're referring to this year's sophomore classes.  I'd say that Nederland's Fresh/Soph classes are two of the best they've had in a long time... maybe since Neumann has been here.  The PNG Soph class is strong, the freshman class is not.  Tough to predict future success based on 7th/8th grades, but based on what's happening in the 7th/8th grades, Nederland will be stronger athletically than PNG.

None of this really matters.  C.O. hasn't lost a game in years.  This years Senior class was 9-1 as freshman with only a 1 point loss to Dayton.  That included 2 beatdowns of PN-G by 40+ points.  For some reason all of the success at the lower levels for Nederland is not translating into W's for the varsity.  Jack Lynch is by far the best middle school coach in the area and has been for 30 years, but somehow unbeatable 8th grade teams does not always lead to success on Friday nights.

Guest Brubaker

None of this really matters.  C.O. hasn't lost a game in years.  This years Senior class was 9-1 as freshman with only a 1 point loss to Dayton.  That included 2 beatdowns of PN-G by 40+ points.  For some reason all of the success at the lower levels for Nederland is not translating into W's for the varsity.  Jack Lynch is by far the best middle school coach in the area and has been for 30 years, but somehow unbeatable 8th grade teams does not always lead to success on Friday nights.

Good point Phat, someone on another board was saying how Nederland's underclass, ie Lynch and whoever coaches the Freshman are ruining the program by not playing more kids.  You have a good point, maybe the win at all cost and play only the bare minimum in the 8 minutes quarters of 8th grade HURTS the DOGS in the long run. Only explanation I can think of.

Ok, I predicted this one most likely goes to PNG this year and the Dogs take it for the next 10. I know it is a stretch. but know the talent we have coming up is promising, more than other years. I do not care what Linch does or cates does. It does not matter, we have tons of talent and depth. The last 3 years we have had no dpeth. We have players that can make difference. You take Tyler next year with the sophmores and freshman this year we will be strong. The Carson, the Freshman QB this year will take over as JR when Tyler leaves, it will be back to the late 90's and I do not see PNG having the players to dominate MCM. I am sure PNG will be good, I hope they are, that what make MCM better than ever. So what if Lynch plays to win, dont we all. I all have to say if you are not on the field step up work harder, take someones job. Thats what is wrong right now, we are not tough enough. Get tough play hard. We have a lot of younger kids that will do that!

"Oh yea, thats right. We're 4-0." Get a hold of yourself PNG people. Look at who've you played. A game against Brabers Hill that was way closer than it should have been, Crosby (Enough said), and an interception away from overtime against LCM. Wait, who? Thats right, LCM. PNG is just like Ole' Miss, they have yet to prove a thing. Lets take a look at what it would be like if PNG had Nederland's schedule and vice versa. PNG would be 1-3 with their only win coming against Ozen. They would have gotten crushed against WOS, Waller and Friendswood. And Nederland would be a sure 4-0. This is gonna be a better game than everyone thinks, just watch. You PNG people don't want to believe this but its true.

Example #99 why you should not post while drinking. If you have not been drinking, then damn.

Well it's obvious '85 and puma must be over-indulging in some of the same kind of beverages! I see the Indians winning the next 11 years at least... ;D

I said it was a stretch, I have to look past this Friday. It could be a long night.

I do believe Nuemann and the coaching staff will prepare the dogs well, have them ready. Just not sure if it is enough with our QB situation. Just being honest with everything I posted. The PNG fans sound like Cowboy fans, you think with your heart.

Actually the same could be said of you too--wishing / or thinking with your heart. It's easy for someone to attempt to make a one-sided point for a team, but unless you are some kind of professional (paid coach) then really your points are baseless. I am a fan just like you and without inside knowledge of some kind (or being able to predict the future), it's all just speculation. Good luck to the Dogs--and I hope all the injured recover quickly and completely!

Actually the same could be said of you too--wishing / or thinking with your heart. It's easy for someone to attempt to make a one-sided point for a team, but unless you are some kind of professional (paid coach) then really your points are baseless. I am a fan just like you and without inside knowledge of some kind (or being able to predict the future), it's all just speculation. Good luck to the Dogs--and I hope all the injured recover quickly and completely!

I should have said some PNG fans... Read some of the post

Guest Brubaker

I think he's going off how Nederland has dominated these underclassmen in their previous football matchups.  Only Your current sophomore group has any kind of win?  But hey, we're just fans watching, we don't know the great power that Faircloth has to change footbally players into SUPERHUMAN WRECKING MACHINES...

In the words of Lee Corso...

"PN-G takes it, but it's closer than the experts think."

I, for one, was rather excited about the defense Nederland played last week, especially in the second half. Now, I know the Indians will run the spread much more efficiently than Ozen did, but I'm still anxious to see if that agressiveness can carry over.

On offense, the 'Dogs gotta find a way to become clock eaters and move the football. The defense has been on the field far too much this season, and the best way to stop Doty and Harmon is to keep them on the sideline.

Sounds to me like the Dogs have nothing to lose...as evidenced by this poll, no one expects them to win, so they truly have nothing to lose...they need to play with a chip on their shoulder for the rest of the season...champions are built out of adversity and this team has had way more than their fair share of adversity this season...it's all about attitude now

Brubaker--the only special power that Coach Faircloth has is that he is a good man. He (like other coaches) believes in his players, and takes an interest in their lives as students and young men. I, nor anyone else has said that He is any Super-hero. He just sincerely cares about the young men he is coaching.

As to the other part of the post, I was making light of the fact that '85 was projecting Ned. victories 10 yrs. into the future. Sounds like I struck a nerve--sorry! :o

I'm looking forward to the game. I just hope we clean up some of the mistakes.Every week it seems just when we are about to pull away we breakdown with some mistakes or penalties. The timing of the mistakes have hurt. I realize there is fine line between a real good play and a penalty. But, we need to clean it up some. It has kept our games close and could eventually cost us one or more.

Nederland 13

PNG 10

Mistakes and penalties keep this one close.... ;) ;)

Any way that we can sneak Micah into this game? We do have a lot of injuries! Think PN-G would notice? To make it fair we would put him at QB instead of his traditional RB position. Think they would go for it?

I've seen this for many years at many schools.  Lynch may be a good coach but coaching against other coaches that aren't so good.  Then these athletes get in high school were the opposition coaches are equal to or better.  So...

Like I have always said: good coaches can make average athletes look great.  PN-G had one at one time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami