* Nederland vs. Ozen/OZEN WINS IN OT!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw the stats of the game in the Chronicle.  Ned had less yards, less penalties, and less turnovers.  To say Ozen didn't impress the average fan----well I guess not with all of those mistakes by the Panthers.  But to say this is their first victory in Nederland, and on Homecoming, is a shot in the arm to the Panther program.  All they can do now is correct and build on their success thus far.....

Ozen has plenty of potential and I would much rather be 1-0 than 0-1. They have several playmakers that I wish we had. I am not trying to discredit their win in any way. They earned it, but if anyone says that this wasn't a sloppy game on both sides then I am not sure they watched the game. Big win for the Panther program and the new coach. Good luck the rest of the way.

betcha nuemann think twice about scheduling ozen as homecoming game again...

Whats the big deal about being scheduled on someones homecoming? Its a game that has to played at some point. Nederalnd looked bad, played bad, and Ozen did not look very good! They just beat a team that is sub-par and beat up with injuries.

Whats the big deal about being scheduled on someones homecoming? Its a game that has to played at some point. Nederalnd looked bad, played bad, and Ozen did not look very good! They just beat a team that is sub-par and beat up with injuries.

Don't make excuses.  Give Ozen their props and keep it moving.  Injuries are a part of the game.

Just saw the stats of the game in the Chronicle.  Ned had less yards, less penalties, and less turnovers.  To say Ozen didn't impress the average fan----well I guess not with all of those mistakes by the Panthers.  But to say this is their first victory in Nederland, and on Homecoming, is a shot in the arm to the Panther program.  All they can do now is correct and build on their success thus far.....

Stats or one thing watching the game and seeing is another OZEN is not very good. Both teams offense is horrible. Nederland Defense has been shredded in previous games this year and if Ozen was a good team, they should have put 30 plus points. I see a long season for both teams.

To be completely honest, I would be surprised if Nederland comes away with another win this year. This is extremely disappointing. I hate being on the losing end of things, and those of us in Nederland have been so used to winning that we forget what losing feels like. A couple of quick comments here... First, we have a big problem with our Pass Defense. Its been a sore spot for a couple of years now. So hint hint PN-G, if you want to beat us, just throw it deep on us.. Trust me, you will connect. Secondly, why are we in a shotgun formation if the ball can't get snapped to the quarterback without it going ten feet over his head. How many times this year have we gotten decent field position and then had a terrible snap? only to set us back 10+ yards. And lastly, why are trying to run a version of the wildcat offense when we can't even run a simple sweep to perfection? I know I am being a saturday morning quarterback here, and I am not a coach, but at some point fans have the right to question some things, and I think that time has come. I have a feeling ts going to be ugly next friday.

Don't make excuses.  Give Ozen their props and keep it moving.  Injuries are a part of the game.

I am givng props... Ozen is better than Nederland, period. Ozen may not win another game. If Ozen was even descent, it would have not been a game.

This game was for the bottom teams in 20-4a, Ozen won, PROPS

To be completely honest, I would be surprised if Nederland comes away with another win this year. This is extremely disappointing. I hate being on the losing end of things, and those of us in Nederland have been so used to winning that we forget what losing feels like. A couple of quick comments here... First, we have a big problem with our Pass Defense. Its been a sore spot for a couple of years now. So hint hint PN-G, if you want to beat us, just throw it deep on us.. Trust me, you will connect. Secondly, why are we in a shotgun formation if the ball can't get snapped to the quarterback without it going ten feet over his head. How many times this year have we gotten decent field position and then had a terrible snap? only to set us back 10+ yards. And lastly, why are trying to run a version of the wildcat offense when we can't even run a simple sweep to perfection? I know I am being a saturday morning quarterback here, and I am not a coach, but at some point fans have the right to question some things, and I think that time has come. I have a feeling ts going to be ugly next friday.

The only reason the pass defense is a sore spot is because people love to pick at it.  From what I saw, there were five or six deep throws last night and only one connected...on good coverage by the same defender that had picked off a long throw earlier in the game.  The pass defense may have given up the play that won the game, but it was no where close to being the reason Nederland lost the game.  The truth is, the defense as a whole has played pretty darn well given the amount of time they have been on the field and the short field they often have to defend.  They only gave up 10 points in regulation.  That ought to be good enough to win every time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed