Is there a running clock rule?

I was reading about the kid in Arizona that threw 9 touchdowns and the article said the running clock was in use. I have seen it in Newton in years past and I always thought it was due to an elderly clock keeper. Some of the officials use to do everything but cartwheels trying to get the clock stopped. Now I know this opens up "the cheaters" deal but when I'm referring to the use it was always 5 to 6 touchdowns difference in the score.

honestly, i dont like the idea of a running clock all that much...

i dont remember the team the Colts were playing but they scored 3 TDs in the last 4-5 minutes of the game to come back and win...

i know it's NFL vs HS Varsity but point is that anything is possible with time on the clock and if you're down by a few TDs you want as much time you can possibly get...

As previously stated...

At the varsity level the clock can not be run, but the officials can "eat some of the clock" with their discretion.

At junior high the coaches can agree to run the clock (which happens often at the Dayton Junior High games).

Kind of amazing, but when the Michael Dugat, then AJ and Cody, were Ponies at Dayton, the clock would run ALL third and fourth quarter (8 minute quarters), but they were still putting up point totals in the 40's.

Speed certainly is the biggest factor in junior high football (and there is still plenty of it coming through Dayton).  This years 7th graders are another stellar bunch (A team in three games has scored 89 points and given up 0!)

i dont remember the team the Colts were playing but they scored 3 TDs in the last 4-5 minutes of the game to come back and win...

i know it's NFL vs HS Varsity but point is that anything is possible with time on the clock and if you're down by a few TDs you want as much time you can possibly get...

That would be your very own Houston Texans....

I've seen a non-stop running clock twice, each time when WOS was stomping a fellow 21-3A opponent.  So don't say it "doesn't" or "can't" happen at the varsity level because it does.  It was not eating the clock.  It was a straight up non-stop clock.  I'm not sure who decides to let it happen, but I was actually glad to see it in these two games.  Final scores were 60+ to nil, so there was no chance of coming back.  

I've seen a non-stop running clock twice, each time when WOS was stomping a fellow 21-3A opponent.  So don't say it "doesn't" or "can't" happen at the varsity level because it does.  It was not eating the clock.  It was a straight up non-stop clock.  I'm not sure who decides to let it happen, but I was actually glad to see it in these two games.  Final scores were 60+ to nil, so there was no chance of coming back. 

Didn't it happen once or twice last year alone?

That would be your very own Houston Texans....

yeah, that's what i was thinking...

i just didn't wanna say it was until i knew for a fact i was them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder