UnSigned S.E. Texas Players

BLUEDOVE3

I noticed where Donte Green @ West Orange and Bernard Boyd @ Ozen haven't been signed by any schools. Coming from a successful program like Ozen, you would think somoene would have signed the Ozen kid. I mean, surely a JUCO would have signed him by now. How much responsibility should their high school coach have in this matter?

I believe a coach has a certain responsibility to help kids in any way they can when it comes to college.  However, the kid has to be in it just as much as the coach is in order for it to work.

Guest DickVitale

Easy answer to that one....There was very little talent in that area last season.  Hard truth, but the truth. This 2010 class may even be thinner than last season for SE Texas in basketball.  Not that there wont be good basketball played there this season, just not very many recruitable athletes...Reason being the ones who ARE recruitable athletically are not academically able to move on to 4 year schools.  Hopefully that will change in the next few years, but for now, the cupboard is pretty bare in those parts...The "hot" spot for this season in basketball there would likely be at PA Memorial....After that, it gets real slim...Some guys stocks have plummeted over the last couple of years and others just don't have the grades.

Easy answer to that one....There was very little talent in that area last season.  Hard truth, but the truth. This 2010 class may even be thinner than last season for SE Texas in basketball.  Not that there wont be good basketball played there this season, just not very many recruitable athletes...Reason being the ones who ARE recruitable athletically are not academically able to move on to 4 year schools.  Hopefully that will change in the next few years, but for now, the cupboard is pretty bare in those parts...The "hot" spot for this season in basketball there would likely be at PA Memorial....After that, it gets real slim...Some guys stocks have plummeted over the last couple of years and others just don't have the grades.

Agreed.  From an overall standpoint I don't remember the big time talent level being as low as it is right now in this area.  I still think there are good teams in each classification we are just lacking those 3 to 5 really big time players that this area usually has.

Ktz possibly has the areas 2 strongest players in Bray and Roman and another top 10 in Zay

Carrington from EC isn't bad

I am very interested to see what bray comes back looking like.  I thought he was very good!

Oh well, I guess I have to wait for season tickets to watch local Little Dribblers.

I haven't seen any young kids in BMT that has next level in their future anytime soon.  Maybe Franks but his stock has been hit hard.  From ESPN top 100 to a nobody on the recruiting scene in three years!!!  The guard from Central could play next level too.  After that the picking order is slim in BMT.

Else where will have a hard time getting scouts to stick their noses in schools 3A and smaller!!! EXCEPT KOUNTZE!  Everyone in Kountze should thank the Hancocks for that!

I haven't seen any young kids in BMT that has next level in their future anytime soon.  Maybe Franks but his stock has been hit hard.  From ESPN top 100 to a nobody on the recruiting scene in three years!!!  The guard from Central could play next level too.   After that the picking order is slim in BMT.

Else where will have a hard time getting scouts to stick their noses in schools 3A and smaller!!! EXCEPT KOUNTZE!  Everyone in Kountze should thank the Hancocks for that!

The sophomore?

I haven't seen any young kids in BMT that has next level in their future anytime soon.  Maybe Franks but his stock has been hit hard.  From ESPN top 100 to a nobody on the recruiting scene in three years!!!  The guard from Central could play next level too.   After that the picking order is slim in BMT.

The sophomore?

Yes... The Junior this year!

Yes

I haven't seen any young kids in BMT that has next level in their future anytime soon.  Maybe Franks but his stock has been hit hard.  From ESPN top 100 to a nobody on the recruiting scene in three years!!!  The guard from Central could play next level too.  After that the picking order is slim in BMT.

I've been out of the high school for awhile but how did Franks get on the ESPN 100? Did he get the exposure from his team going to Austin his soph. year? 2nd question: How and why did he drop so far out from under the radar?

These kids get exposure from AAU tournaments more than High School games. Its more convenient for college coaches to go to an AAU tournament where there is talent all over the place, rather than go to a bunch of high school games to look at one particular player. When that happens they have most likely seen the kid at an AAU tournament and is interested in the kid enough to go to a high school game.

The kids high school coaches have a huge impact but let's face it there isn't a ton of D-1 talent at the local level.That being said there are a lot of kids that can play at the smaller schools but there is little scholarship money available at the JUCO level and none at the D3 level.When some kids see they are going to have to pay for there own education the go to the school of their choice and forego any future basketball dreams.Once you get past the top teir it's alot about who you know because the players are pretty equal.

These kids get exposure from AAU tournaments more than High School games. Its more convenient for college coaches to go to an AAU tournament where there is talent all over the place, rather than go to a bunch of high school games to look at one particular player. When that happens they have most likely seen the kid at an AAU tournament and is interested in the kid enough to go to a high school game.

I always have this question when I hear a statement like the one above: Name me ONE player who has had exposure from an AAU team?

I always have this question when I hear a statement like the one above: Name me ONE player who has had exposure from an AAU team?

Ryan Donahoe and Tramain Thomas both!

Ryan  wasn't picked up by any nor highly sought after by a lot of major colleges. Thomas is playing football. They played AAU  and summer ball, but gained exposure through their high schools. Give me some other names......

Guest stevenash

I don't know any of their names, but the members of the 2013-2015 state 3-a champs are bound to gain important exposure(unless they are too busy with universal off season)

Ryan  wasn't picked up by any nor highly sought after by a lot of major colleges. Thomas is playing football. They played AAU  and summer ball, but gained exposure through their high schools. Give me some other names......

The sophomore?

Yes

Wrong.  He was a Freshman last year.  He's a Sophmore this year...

The sophomore?

Yes

Wrong.  He was a Freshman last year.  He's a Sophmore this year...

That's the 1 I'm talkin bout..has he filled out any?

Guest DickVitale

That kid from Central is Christian Smith, and yes he was a ninth grader last year.  He will be a good player, but if he continues to play football, his stock will take a nose dive too.

As far as AAU goes, its an awful instution and it does not help kids get looks or exposure as much as it claims it does.  If a kid can play, he will be noticed....AAU does not have anything to do with a kid being seen, as long as he plays for his respective high school.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed