Don't Punt.....Ever?

KFDM COOP

I truly believe that field position is one of the most underrated things considered in high school football...I firmly believe in making 16 and 17 year old kids drive as far as possible to score...the opportunity for mistakes by an offense is great...to me, if someone is going to beat me, I want them to have to go as far as possible, especially at the high school level.

I truly believe that field position is one of the most underrated things considered in high school football...I firmly believe in making 16 and 17 year old kids drive as far as possible to score...the opportunity for mistakes by an offense is great...to me, if someone is going to beat me, I want them to have to go as far as possible, especially at the high school level.

With the spread offenses of today, teams can score on 1 play from anywhere on the field. So, with a ball controlling offense and 3 yds a pop, I could see it...

He brings up some really good points. I wonder if any coach in this area would consider trying this game-plan, it would be interesting to watch!

Something to consider, but it seems extreme to go for it on 4th and long on your 10. ???

in college any thing close to the 40 on either side of the fifthy is good field position. In high school, It's 4 down territory to me. Inside your own 20 or 10 ;D com'on now.

Guest Ranger83

Question?If my team punts and one of my players running downfield on coverage looks up and catches the punt is it ruled a completion and we keep the ball.Just wondering as seen teams not put a deep man back to catch it.

I'm assuming this is a serious question. The answer is no.

Does the UIL ,or whatever the rules organization is that the UIL plays it's games under, define HOW a forward pass is thrown? If not, it is a very legitimate question.

Question?If my team punts and one of my players running downfield on coverage looks up and catches the punt is it ruled a completion and we keep the ball.Just wondering as seen teams not put a deep man back to catch it.

I'm assuming this is a serious question. The answer is no.

Does the UIL ,or whatever the rules organization is that the UIL plays it's games under, define HOW a forward pass is thrown? If not, it is a very legitimate question.

If your arm is going forward and you drop the ball it is an incomplete pass.You can't pass a ball by kicking it.You can not advance the ball by kicking it. don't know exactly how it reads... if you catch the ball in the air it is downed at that point and the other team starts from there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont