WOS survives thriller with Kirbyville

AggiesAreWe

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VERY, 5 Sophomores, 14 Jr's. Their butts got worked out hard today at practice.

Coop, are Haynes and Franks the only seniors?

No Admin, to anwser your question:

Defense Seniors- Haynes, Franks, Nelson, Rubin, Cook, Arnold (Rubin has been hurt all but 1 game and his replacements are Sophomores)

Offense Seniors- Franks, Francis, Jordan (Haynes plays quite a bit, but does not start)

Anyway, this year is the year... the time is now. Those defensive seniors will hurt when they are gone.

VERY, 5 Sophomores, 14 Jr's. Their butts got worked out hard today at practice.

Coop, are Haynes and Franks the only seniors?

No Admin, to anwser your question:

Defense Seniors- Haynes, Franks, Nelson, Rubin, Cook, Arnold (Rubin has been hurt all but 1 game and his replacements are Sophomores)

Offense Seniors- Franks, Francis, Jordan (Haynes plays quite a bit, but does not start)

Anyway, this year is the year... the time is now. Those defensive seniors will hurt when they are gone.

thks,

I was under the impression that all the starters were underclassman besides Franks and Haynes. I know the soph/jv teams are loaded and was wondering where those guys were going to play next year with all positions taken.

football fan 34 -

#1 is LeFrederick Ford

The "other" Fred is Fred Rhodes, Pierce Rhodes little brother.

oh i see i just had a few people mixed up i guess

lefrederick is a heck of an athlete if im not mistaking?

And actually #15 JaMichael Irvine ran the ball quite a bit also. To me, Ford was not as affective in this game as I've seen him in the last few. Irvine really stepped up!!! "LITERALLY" or should I say ran forward.  ;)

This is off the post but looking at Schedules Oct 16 shows Kirbyville @Hemphill ok-I read in a schedule that Angleton vs.Brazosport @ Kirbyville Oct.16 @7:00 any confirmation that's a long drive for both to play.Maybe their stadiums are still Ike damaged.You'd think one would be alot closer.

This is off the post but looking at Schedules Oct 16 shows Kirbyville @Hemphill ok-I read in a schedule that Angleton vs.Brazosport @ Kirbyville Oct.16 @7:00 any confirmation that's a long drive for both to play.Maybe their stadiums are still Ike damaged.You'd think one would be alot closer.

Those two schools would not travel that far to play a game in that stadium. Must be a misprint.

Guest rykerx144

I thought Kirbyville has already came, been dealt with, and sent home.

not quit correct but close!  Yes they did come in to Mustang Stadium and might not have had more points on the score board at the end of the game, but was far from being dealt with and definently was not "sent" home.  They did leave town with their heads held high and very proud of how they played.  They did leave town with the Mustang faithful left to come up with excuses sorry COOP reasons from everything to fumbles, to penalties, to the age of the players.  I realize that WOS did get the win and thats really all that matters.  I also know that when you win you dont need to make excuses, but if a 2a school that everyone expected you to beat by at least 30 comes into your home stadium and stands toe to toe with you and takes you to overtime, then you are only left with one of two things to do!  Give the Wildcats credit for their play keeping them off balance causing them to make mistakes and excuting when they needed too!  or come up with "reasons" why the mustangs "allowed" this to happen because everyone knows that Kirbyville could not do this on their own.  Which everyone helps you sleep at night works for me!

I realize this is a sin to say this about Hooks but there is two reasons I havent heard tossed around yet!  unprepared and outcoached!   

In reading this thread, i am left with the impression that Kville won the game.  if the purpose of preseason is to prepare for district/playoffs, Kville left feeling better about their chances, while WOS appears to feel worse, like they have more work to do.  So, who was the real winner?  I'm not sure the final score tells the whole story.    JMO

Maybe it was a win/loss for both teams.  It gave both teams something to carry into the next game, gave both teams something to work on, and gave both teams something to brag about.  WOS gets to mark it as a win on their record and K'ville gets to count it as a moral victory.  At the end of the day, the game is over and we all press on to the next opponent.

Maybe the coaching staffs of each team have different goals for the season. Do you want your team playing their best football before district play even gets here? Would you want to be improving as the playoffs near? Could they be searching through personnel as well as approaches to situations with calling certain plays? Not every game should be approached with a win at all cost mentality. IMO a team should be coached for the district crown and the playoffs, and maybe that is what was happening Friday night. No one seems to have taken this into consideration.

not quit correct but close!  Yes they did come in to Mustang Stadium and might not have had more points on the score board at the end of the game, but was far from being dealt with and definently was not "sent" home.  They did leave town with their heads held high and very proud of how they played.  They did leave town with the Mustang faithful left to come up with excuses sorry COOP reasons from everything to fumbles, to penalties, to the age of the players.  I realize that WOS did get the win and thats really all that matters.  I also know that when you win you dont need to make excuses, but if a 2a school that everyone expected you to beat by at least 30 comes into your home stadium and stands toe to toe with you and takes you to overtime, then you are only left with one of two things to do!  Give the Wildcats credit for their play keeping them off balance causing them to make mistakes and excuting when they needed too!  or come up with "reasons" why the mustangs "allowed" this to happen because everyone knows that Kirbyville could not do this on their own.  Which everyone helps you sleep at night works for me!

I realize this is a sin to say this about Hooks but there is two reasons I havent heard tossed around yet!  unprepared and outcoached!     

the reason you havent heard these is because they didnt happen! i think they were prepared but didnt execute. alot (not all)of the poor execution had to do with kirbyvilles d being on the field. whether you want to believe it or not wos played one of the worst games theyve played in quite a while, not an excuse but a fact and i believe kville had a little to do with that. kville however played well and i think they could go very far. i just hope for the mustangs sake they figure out what needs to be fixed and start fixing it.

I realize this is a sin to say this about Hooks but there is two reasons I havent heard tossed around yet!  unprepared and outcoached!     

A moral victory is a loss.  Nobody thought that Kville would lose by 30.  A team with talent to go to the State Championship is a good team and classification does not matter.  We've had lots of good games with Newton years ago. 

Venom mentioned a magical playbook.  I've been looking for it too, maybe its being saved for district play.  LOL

I don't think Coop is stirring the pot when talking about all of the penalties.  Some of our most productive plays were called back because of procedure calls.  Its a fact.