Grade your team

BigWolf10

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jags

Offense - B minus.  Our passing game needs to get better.

Defense - A+ - We hit hard, we play assignment football.  Pass defense can improve

Special teams - F - Our long snapper will need a lot of help.  Once this is taken care of, we will be a force.

Overall, I give our team effort a  B+.  Our defense was the most impressive. 

PNG....The name of the game is improvement at this point of the season and PNG showed marked improvement this week.  Fewer mistakes and better execution along with more versatility and different looks on offense and defense.  Too early to put a grade on them but the future looks very good as long as the improvement continues.........Just my take

PNG, in my mind, is right on track.  I think we will continue to see improvement from week to week, with Faircloth throwing in some surprise plays each and every week.  Not going to say PNG will make the playoffs......yet, but definitely see that Faircloth has motivated these boys and is fine tuning their skills to be a definite force in our district.

Bruins

Offense- C  We have trouble moving the ball on the ground in short yard situations, but the passing

game is decent. I guess we miss C Mike a little more than I expected.

Defense- A-, B+  This has definitely been our strong point this year. There are some areas to

improve on, like making defensive adjustments at the line, but overall pretty

good. Nice, hard hitting defensive players.

Special Teams- B-  Kicker is decent on kickoffs, but needs to work on FG's. I like our coverage on

kickoffs......we didn't let Central have a return for a TD last night.

Overall     B    

I give The Evadale Rebs an A for this week. They only made one mistake on Def. when they did not play to the whistle on one play. They knocked the running back down but he keep his hand down and did not touch his knee popped up and the hole Def stop ed he ran for 38 yards.  That could hurt in a close game but other than that one play the Rebs looked strong.They should make it hard for a Def. coordinator to sleep at night. Who do you stop?With a QB that can run and pass, and stable or strong running backs and receivers that can all catch looks like a great year for the Rebs.

Bruins

Offense- C  We have trouble moving the ball on the ground in short yard situations, but the passing

game is decent. I guess we miss C Mike a little more than I expected.

Defense- A-, B+  This has definitely been our stroung point this year. There are some areas to

improve on, like making defensive adjustments at the line, but overall pretty

good. Nice, hard hitting defensive players.

Special Teams- B-  Kicker is decent on kickoffs, but needs to work on FG's. I like our coverage on

kickoffs......we didn't let Central have a return for a TD last night.

Overall     B    

I was impressed with yall's cover team. They executed well.

vidor

offense: B+, the big o line and hard running backs will move the ball down the field while controlling the clock, i just hope they open up the passing so we don't have 9 men in the box every play

defence: B, i think we showed alot of improvement last night in a passing team of st thomas, coverage was good, and they really got after the qb, run defence is outstanding

special teams: B- i would have rated this much higher if not for the fact of the missed extra points, gotta get that lined out before it bites us in the butt

overall B+ i think this big vidor team can do alot of damage n this year's 20-4a

DA' BROOK:

C - Offense:  I think our Offense lacks expirience...too many penalties...with time, I think it's easily corrected.  The running and passing game will come together very soon.

B+ - Defense:  The only problem with our D, which I believe will be fixed this week, is reaction to play recognition...other than that, we'll be an "A" .

A- - Special teams:  We're lacking that "return man"...I think he will get put back in this week and should solitify our unit.  Coverage is great on both kick off and punts.

Overall: B

vidor

offense: B+, the big o line and hard running backs will move the ball down the field while controlling the clock, i just hope they open up the passing so we don't have 9 men in the box every play

defence: B, i think we showed alot of improvement last night in a passing team of st thomas, coverage was good, and they really got after the qb, run defence is outstanding

special teams: B- i would have rated this much higher if not for the fact of the missed extra points, gotta get that lined out before it bites us in the butt

overall B+ i think this big vidor team can do alot of damage n this year's 20-4a

I agree with it all except the passing. We are averaging over 5 yards a carry with 9 in the box.When and if they stop the run we can throw it. I guarantee you if we came out throwing and turned it over this message board would be going crazy.Lets let the coaches game plan there doing a pretty good job.

H-F Longhorns

Overall C

Offense ( C- )This group can be very explosive at times, But as proven against Liberty, 9 Fumbles just doesnt get the Job Done!

Defense ( C ) Giving up 40+ points a game, Makes for a LONG Season!!! Especially if your Off. is struggling. This group held Lumberton to 7 points in the second half of week 0, and in the second half of week 1 V Liberty, Really played great....Need to play that way from the start!

Special Teams - ( B ) Kick Return for TD against Lumberton, and Liberty Refusing to kick deep... They must see this too.. But Liberty recovering a pouch kick  with the game on the line, this is the only reason this group didnt get an A...

Tough District ahead, Room to Improve!

For Lumberton, I give the Offense and the Defense both A's they are performing solidly and will get even better, I am most impressed by the lack of penalties on us, the boys are playing fast and clean on both sides of the ball. The sore spot for L-Town..........special teams, in particular, the kick off team, is there a grade lower than F- that's not an actual 0. The guys need to contain the ball runners much better than they are, if a team has a chance to score on Lumberton, this is the time to do it.

i give Vidor a B+ still have some issues

Especially in the kicking department! Why do we have problems every year with this part of the game?

Offence A Running game is great and passing game is developing

Defence B+ Still need work on pass defence but seeing improvement

Special Teams B Kicking needs to get better and still need some work in other areas of ST

Vidor has an overall grade of a B.

Offense- Big line and strong RB=moving the ball. Still need to improve on both running and passing. QB looked more relaxed on the field last night. Seems that he trust his lineman will protect him now.

Defense- Better coverage against St. Thomas but I wouls like to see further improvement and would like to the d line be able to get off of blocks alot quicker.

Special Teams- Kick off is looking good as we as return, haven't seen much of punt to judge. Punt return can use it's fair share of improvements as well as the accuracy of the extra point PAT kicker.

Overall Vidor still has areas they need to improve but I am seeing improvement everyweek. I hope they will keep a level head and not get too out of hand with the predistrict wins.

vidor

I agree with it all except the passing. We are averaging over 5 yards a carry with 9 in the box.When and if they stop the run we can throw it. I guarantee you if we came out throwing and turned it over this message board would be going crazy.Lets let the coaches game plan there doing a pretty good job.

i'm not sayng we should go 4 wide, just saying mix it up a bit more, i thought the play calling was great against st thomas, lots of mis direction to keep em guessing

vidor

i'm not sayng we should go 4 wide, just saying mix it up a bit more, i thought the play calling was great against st thomas, lots of mis direction to keep em guessing

I agree, St. Thomas had no idea where the ball was going at any point in the game until the back was in open ground. I believe the play calling will remain similar to this as long as the Pirates continue to execute the plays as well as they did. As far as I saw we did enough passing to jeep the CB off the line, 9 in the box means 9 blocking  ;D. With this being said, Vidor needs to focus on HJ, watch film and further review assignments and further continue to make progress.

DA' BROOK:

C - Offense:  I think our Offense lacks expirience...too many penalties...with time, I think it's easily corrected.  The running and passing game will come together very soon.

B+ - Defense:  The only problem with our D, which I believe will be fixed this week, is reaction to play recognition...other than that, we'll be an "A" .

A- - Special teams:  We're lacking that "return man"...I think he will get put back in this week and should solitify our unit.  Coverage is great on both kick off and punts.

I sure hope the offense comes around soon.....it's sad when you're leading rusher on the team is the QB! I knew following after a great RB like C-Mike was gonna be tough, but I really expected a little more from #30 Cooper. We've got a D-Lineman thats like 5'11" @ 215 and runs a 4.45 40! I was kinda hopin Stump would have used him a little bit at the RB position, because he can run! But I guess he's a little too valuable at his defensive position.

DA' BROOK:

I sure hope the offense comes around soon.....it's sad when you're leading rusher on the team is the QB! I knew following after a great RB like C-Mike was gonna be tough, but I really expected a little more from #30 Cooper. We've got a D-Lineman thats like 5'11" @ 215 and runs a 4.45 40! I was kinda hopin Stump would have used him a little bit at the RB position, because he can run! But I guess he's a little too valuable at his defensive position.

I still think our leading rusher will be our QB...Our O line makes a huge improvement this week, I say we pass and run enough to beat Westfield.... late. ;D

Jasper Bulldogs

Offense - C+ - They have to eliminate the fumbles and minimize the costly penalties. The offense is improving and showing some versatility. Great Job Coach Bickham!

Defense - B- - The new defensive scheme has confused everyone so far this year (including Gilmer). Defense kept us in the game versus Gilmer in the first half, but ran of of gas the second. Defense played a big part of the Kirbyville win including McGill's 3 INT's. Still lots of room for improvement.

Special Teams - C - One of the bright spots of the special teams is the kicker #98 Juan Mijarez. Jasper hasn't had a true kicker since the '01 season and it has given the team that other dimension that it most desperately needed. He play a big part of the field position game and he solidified the win against Kirbyville with a 32yd field goal. Special teams personnel doesn't seem to be on the same page at times. Tighten up Dogs!

Overall - C+ - The Jasper Bulldogs will get better each week as stated by first year coach Mike Bickham. He has the Dogs on a path success and will truly be a team to watch as the season progress.

Go Dogs!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw