*Central vs. Memorial..Central Wins/Comments*

I am proud of Central to say that this was their first game with no scrimages to prepare.  The passing game will get better and the running game is wicked... There is alot of explosion and so many formations... Coach Wash is doing a good job.  The Central Defense wasn't dominant tonight but they had flashes of greatness.  The offense put Memorial in the position to score 21 and the potential tie drive.  I think this Central team will give20-4A a hard time as the season goes on.  Vidor, Central is not small either.  Can't wait to see the improvements next week.  Central recievers are way large!!

Memorial has some talent on both sides of the ball.  I don't know why they did not stick with the back-up QB... He was the better of the two but they kept running a two back sceme, swapping them out.  I think that was a mistake.  For the most part memorial executed well, but the secondary will be an issue for them.  The nose guard doesnt play the run well but the ends and linebackers are mean.  They had more big hits thonight than Central.  Memorial will get better especially when they choose a QB and stick with him.!!!

Memorial needs to stick with Stedman as the qb, he has the better arm and makes better decisions passing the ball. Earl Hines is on another level as far as linebacker play. He was all over the field. Memorial's running game is as good as its been since Jamaal left, and Ronzell King is an absolute beast. They need to get K"Sean Wesley the ball more, he is a playmaker. The nose tackle was getting killed all night in the run game, and the coverage in the secondary was terrible.

whoa, Tites have talent. Good game. #15 is a dangerous QB. I was more on the edge of my seat when he was in. I gotta say this though, this was my Jags first game and it showed. With a little over five minutes left, kid makes a mistake, cathes INT at two. The offense almost came through to get the first down but, lineman jump on 3rd and Inches. Cost us dearly. Kid knock the INT down, we have 1st and ten with breathing room. Other than that one play, Central looked promising to me. PAM, talent level is incredible. The coaches need to come with it b/c they got the skills on the field. Good luck on the season Memorial

You know, that was the first thing I was going to say.  I was unable to post last night since the site was down.  I told everyone that the young man needed to bat that INT down.  You get the ball on like the 30 yard line, vs. the 5 yard line. 

I loved our offense!  We ran some shotgun West Virginia type stuff.  We ran the I formation with some creative plays.  We ran trips...  Single back.  It will be hard for defenses to key in on what we do.  I love #17 Holman.  Big 6'2" receiver played big.  Whoever that other receiver was dropped a lot of passes.  That's ok though.  This can be tightened up before district.  We looked good to say that we didn't scrimmage anyone.  Shorttexas said it correct that our defense showed flashes of greatness.  They played good at the begining of the third quarter!  They tightened it back up at the end of the game. 

Memorial will call heck in their district and just may take that second spot behind NS.  The Memorial QB ran that option to perfection.  He kept it when he should.  When he pitched it, it was at the very last minute, allowing that RB to get big plays.  Memorial have some strong backs that kept those legs churning to pick up extra yard and required like 5 Jag defenders to take them down.  I only wish they would throw down the field more as they have some capable receivers that burned us a few times

Memorial's defense may need a little work.  I must say I was impressed with the big LB.  He was an absolute monster with a few jaw shattering hits.  I think he got hurt.  I hope he recovers...

Overall, this was a game that I think both teams benefitted from.  Memorial may have something this year.

Game ball goes to #25 Nijel Daw.  The kid led in rushing yards and threw some great blocks from the FB possition.  I only hope he would try harder to make those catches out of the flats. 

Lol Still think the score should of been 28-14..J/P..

That was a good game though between both teams..I liked how after halftime Centrals D looked Dominant Once Again with Memorial scoring only because of the fumble on the 5..The Offense Will Be one of the Best in the Area this year..And if the Defense can turn it on in the 1st half like they do the 2nd..I see a better Team then Last Yrs..Only Because the Offense is better,,And Yea Our Secondary Gt Burn a few Times But Overall to say they our all new n the Corner Backs are under classman They did a Dang Good Job..They Get better as the season Progresses.,,

Memorial Will Give WB a run for that 2nd Spot in District..That running game is good..

Good game jags. Once we (MHS) figure out we we're a running team that passes the ball really well with Haynes @ QB (#15) we'll be hard to stop. I think our defense played well enough to win special team killed us last night giving up 14Pt's, If we would've found someone to block that LB#44  that would have been great for us too. I see a  bright next couple of weeks in PA. We just need to clean up our own mistakes and we'll start rolling. O yeah Hines #33 is a man just had cramps he'll be back next week roaming  sideline to sideline.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder