Lumberton Football!

ye please do not start this again.. its just a scrimmage. things are still being worked out and the coaches may have been trying out players at different spots.. lumberton fans just relax and wait and see how they do against HF.. the only thing thats counts is district but wouldnt be bad to wein those first three non district..

ye please do not start this again.. its just a scrimmage. things are still being worked out and the coaches may have been trying out players at different spots.. lumberton fans just relax and wait and see how they do against HF.. the only thing thats counts is district but wouldnt be bad to wein those first three non district..

Well said....

Well Jordibug, I saw Lumberton play Dayton, and i think most of these guys are right. Lumberton looked like they came out for a practice game, but Dayton came out fired up. Dayton has a great football program, and I don't think they ever show up for a simple practice. Dayton's first play from scrimage was a long touchdown run. When our offense got the ball for the first time Dayton swarmed us like a angry horde of yellow jackets. After that Lumberton stiffened up, and brought their level up were it should have been.

Our front line looks a little undersized, but pretty quick. They did a decent job pass blocking, and oh boy your go to see some passing this year. Our QB is a junior, with one full year under his belt. Man he looks good. My kid is on the freshman team so I know some of the younger players. I'm not sure of the senior receivers, but I did see two sophomores and a junior that ran some great routes, and caught everything that came close to them.

Dayton's defense looks good and their players were covering very well, but our QB still was picking them apart. That really opened up our running game. I would say it is a little early to get to excited about our chances, but man this should be a fun year to watch some Lumberton football, and a great aerial attack.

Well, it is easier for our O-line to block on a pass vs running. Plus we are now running the shotgun so the QB is already dropped back with a little more time to make his reads. The whole dayton vs Lum scrimmage is online and posted on this forum if anyone wants to get a preview of whats to come. I will say this tho, we have a quick back up QB too that looked really good as well so hopefully we can keep both of them fresh for a good long run towards playoffs. Our offense will find its groove and things should start opening up. Good luck to all teams!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder