Liberty Panthers Season Prediction

Hornet

The 10-0 season, isn't that when they were embarrassed in the first round?  I've never understood Liberty's mentality that being district champions, or especially as you imply, making the playoffs is some kind of great achievement.  Just making the playoffs, in the weak districts they've recently been aligned in doesn't indicate a successful program.

The 10-0 season, isn't that when they were embarrassed in the first round?  I've never understood Liberty's mentality that being district champions, or especially as you imply, making the playoffs is some kind of great achievement.  Just making the playoffs, in the weak districts they've recently been aligned in doesn't indicate a successful program.

their district titles were when they had both Barber's Hill and a good Huffman team in the district, not that weak district they have had the past several years, though last year it was better than the couple years before...the Barber's Hill teams would go a ways in the playoffs those years i dont remember what Huffman did...Liberty has had some good teams, but even when they had Chambers, White, Bua, etc they lost in the first round...they either ran into Newton, or more recently choked big time...i think the 10-0 year was the year they lost 6 fumbles in their first round game and only lost by a TD or something...for whatever reason come playoff time Liberty has trouble holding on to the ball....one those playoff appearances, the year they actually had their worst team record wise make the playoffs they went a couple deep becasue they didnt fumble the ball in the first round...if the new coach can get them back to where they were and hold on to the ball i think we'd see liberty in the 2nd or 3rd round yearly....not that that is great but its an improvement...

I see liberty beating only 2 teams this year. and hopefully BC. i went and saw liberty play last night and they there QB is pretty good and they have 2 solid Rb's. there QB is very quick and has a pretty good arm...what was thhe final score for kelly and liberty last night??

Smart was a great QB. He was getting recruited by LSU for a little while before he said he didnt want to play in college. And ya, we played against Dickey last year when he was at Hardin. I think he'll do good at Liberty. Its a different offense than Hardin and he wont be expected to throw the ball nearly as many times.

I see them winning 3 games also, i dont think they are nearly as talented as some of the past teams, they should be okay on the Defensive side of the ball, and the last 2 years for sure i know that they have had a major problem holding on to the ball, or they play good first half, let their guard down and get killed in the second!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder