Vidor 28, WOS 21/Post Comments Here!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final from Vidor 28-21.

Man, wish I could have gone. Oh well...

Well, moving on. Let the Lumberton crowd start tearing this big statement by the Pirates down. You know, since we are just "all talk" and all that... Ā ;D

Not sure how they are going to tear this down, but it will be fun to watch! ;D

My contact says Vidor ran the ball well.Haynes of WOS did use his speed and ran down Vidor guy and stopped long TD run

Vid heard threw one pass.

WOS 43 going to good runner and QB was off on passing 1st half.

Yes the QB was off at first but looked better later. We only attempted one pass but made it for a completion. Hopefully we will get it up to 2-3 passes a game. I have to say we looked really good other than the 3 fumbles.

Guest bleed orange

scrmmage or not that's a tail whipping.

It is certainly providing Coach Hooks and the staff something to work on next week.

Coop also reports that this bunch seems to have the Vidor Wing-T down pretty well.

First off I want to say good Job Vidor. Hopefully you guys will shut up Mid County this year. Now to the Wing-T Offense. Nobody and I repeat nobody has run the Wing-T offense to perfection like Les Johnson and the Bridge City Cardinals. Vidor is not even close. Sorry guys, yes I think the offense is awesome but Les was the master mind. I officiated football and could not tell who had the ball at times when BC ran it. By the way I was young back then and could see very well. Does Vidor run a different version than Les Johnson did? If so I stand corrected. Orangefield runs the same thing and I know it will take time for them to learn it but it still did not look like the same version that Les ran. Are they the same or different?

:o WOW Ā :o

Vidor completely surprised me tonight. I would have never thought that they would have dominated WOS the way they did. I think Vidor ran maybe 3 plays all night with the exception of one pass play. They fumbled the ball several times in their own territory (once inside the ten )and had some penalties that set up WOS scores. If they would have played mistake free ball and not have taken their 1st team out early in the 3rd QTR they could have scored 50 or 60 points. WOS knew what they were going to run right @ them and could not stop them. Their defense was real physical and really swarmed to the ball and delivered alot of bigtime hits.

Vidor is a good team they really impressed me tonight . WOW :o

I'm not a fan of Vidor but I've got to give credit where credit is due. GO DAWGS

Coop,

you was there ....any comments??

O-Line looked great,backs were quick to the hole.overall I give us an A- on offense and defense. would have been A+ if not for the turnovers. I also thought we showed very little of the offense in this game which is a good thing seeing all the teams that were there scouting.Whats your thoughts piratefan

I wish I could have been there as well. Ā I am so glad that the Pirates have looked good in scrimmages after all of this extra hype. Ā Hopefully, we will be able to keep it going next week at Kelly. Ā I understand that Kelly has much fewer kids in the program this year than in years' past. Ā I hope next week's game is good district prep for both teams.....

And I want to hear more reports from everyone that was there.

I wish I could have been there as well. Ā I am so glad that the Pirates have looked good in scrimmages after all of this extra hype. Ā Hopefully, we will be able to keep it going next week at Kelly. Ā I understand that Kelly has much fewer kids in the program this year than in years' past. Ā I hope next week's game is good district prep for both teams.....

And I want to hear more reports from everyone that was there.

The O-Line is hugh and athletic and they really get after people.You will be impressed Hal when you see them play.

I was there, Vidor was good as expected. Not having the NG Ford hurt WO-S on Defense. Have to get the other 4 starters back before Nederland especially when you have NO depth.

Coop over in Nederland we like to throw it. How did Vidor handle WOS receivers? Did they put any pressure on the QB?

WO-S had WR's open at times..Garrett was a little off on the throwing. But that is what scrimmages are for, to get better.

Here are the stats for this scrimmage:

1st Half

WOS

rushing Ā 18 carries Ā 65 yards Ā 1 TD

passing Ā 2-11 Ā 44 yards Ā (39 of that came on a screen play)

total Ā 29 plays for 109 yards

first downs Ā 5

Vidor

rushing Ā 26 carries Ā 224 yards Ā 3 TD's

passing 1-1 Ā 6 yards

total Ā  27 plays for 230 yards

first downs Ā  11

2nd half

WOS

rushing Ā 15 carries Ā 79 yards Ā 1 TD

passing Ā 7-13 Ā 81 yards Ā 1 TD

total Ā 28 plays Ā 160 yards

first downs Ā 7

Vidor

rushing Ā 22 carries Ā 173 yards Ā 1 TD

passing Ā no pass attempts

total Ā  22 plays for 173 yards

first downs Ā 6

Final Stats

WOS

rushing Ā 33 carries Ā 144 yards Ā 2TD

passing Ā 9-24 Ā 125 yards Ā 1TD

total Ā  59 plays for 269 yards

first downs Ā 12

Vidor

rushing Ā 48 carries Ā 397 yards Ā 4 TDs

passing Ā 1-1 6 yards

total Ā 49 plays for 403 yards

first downs Ā 17

ok for starters,wo-s stunk up the place the first hafe.lets talk QB from wo-s if you put battleship texas in front of him he would miss it.i will give him some credit lots of droped passes agan.now Ā the 2nd hafe vidor Ā made a long TD run 28-7 i think and that was all for them,WHO IS THAT LITTLE 34 a soph .this kid is in the 10th grade and averaged over 5 yards per carry ,hes not big at all small kid. NOW THE STINKER (NO DEF). by looking at this tonight Ā all the coaching staff at nederland should have a super feeling .this is only my feeling ,someone might feel diffrent

I will start by saying again that nobody wins or loses scrimmages. I think most folks know where I stand on that issue.

After watching this scrimmage it was very clear to me who was the better team on the field tonight. VIDOR!!! It was very rare to see a WOS defense get steamrolled like they got tonight. It was a clear case of the Mustang defense being out manned. It is very rare to see that. I never thought I would see a team only pass just once over an entire game and be as successful as the Pirates were over the Stangs. I believe Vidor will do this to most teams this season. They truely are a force to be reckoned with. My pick to win 20-4A!!

I was also impressed with Vidor's defense. I really thought that WOS speed would enable them to move the ball on the Pirates, particularly with the passing game. Other than what WOS did late in the game against mostly a 2nd team defense, Vidor controlled that side of the ball as well.

It was a very dominant performance by Vidor tonight.

WOS has some things to work out and they don't seem to have the depth that they will need down the stretch. But with that coaching staff that the Mustangs have over there, mark my words, they'll get back on track.

It's hard to stop the Offense Vidor has with 18 returning Players and a huge line. WO-S will be fine and will not have to face a big 4A team down the stretch. As i said earlier the year WOS went to State they lost both scrimmages that year and were worried if they would win another game. Hopefully Haynes will be ok along with the Lineman.

It's hard to stop the Offense Vidor has with 18 returning Players and a huge line. WO-S will be fine and will not have to face a big 4A team down the stretch. As i said earlier the year WOS went to State they lost both scrimmages that year and were worried if they would win another game. Hopefully Haynes will be ok along with the Lineman.

Was Haynes injured on the hit along the sideines?

I will start by saying again that nobody wins or loses scrimmages. I think most folks know where I stand on that issue.

After watching this scrimmage it was very clear to me who was the better team on the field tonight. VIDOR!!! It was very rare to see a WOS defense get steamrolled like they got tonight. It was a clear case of the Mustang defense being out manned. It is very rare to see that. I never thought I would see a team only pass just once over an entire game and be as successful as the Pirates were over the Stangs. I believe Vidor will do this to most teams this season. They truely are a force to be reckoned with. My pick to win 20-4A!!

I was also impressed with Vidor's defense. I really thought that WOS speed would enable them to move the ball on the Pirates, particularly with the passing game. Other than what WOS did late in the game against mostly a 2nd team defense, Vidor controlled that side of the ball as well.

WOS has some things to work out and they don't seem to have the depth that they will need down the stretch. But with that coaching staff that the Mustangs have over there, mark my words, they'll get back on track.

good post..I talked to a coach from another team there tonight, and his quote was"Vidor physically dominated "...

Ā 

It looked like WOS was just to small on the defensive front to match up well with Vidor.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont