If this is Roc's "Best recruiting class"-

Guest mffl

Then there's reason to believe we kept Nuno Muandumba. Here's a write up from ESPN and this past basketball season in Arizona. Looks like this guy is for real. I hope we still have him... there's nothing online about him decommitting from us and I'd think he go to a major DI if he had.

http://sports.espn.go.com/highschool/rise/news/story?id=3657057

NUNO MUANDUMBA

Muandumba went from an underrated point guard to a fast-rising national prospect in just one summer. The talented baller averaged 12.5 points and 7.3 assists per game last year.

Guest coachacola

ESPN still has him with a verbal commit to Lamar.  His Scouts Grade is 87, a high major prospect.  But that's a lot of PGs if Garza and Harris both sign.

I am not sure that Garza ever signed (I am not sure that we ever actually offered a scholarship).  In one of Bob West's articles a number of weeks ago, where he was talking generally about the recruiting class, I thought he said that the probable starting point guard would be 6'3".  None of these point guards are taller than 6.'  Did I remember that correctly.  If so, it makes you start thinking.

Nuno Muandumba's visa expired (so I hear) it's up to his parents to get it renewed.

Uh oh. Well hope he can get a student visa and come play for us.

PF

6'6" Nabors

6'7" Brown

Jay Brown graduated if this is the Brown you're talking about.

We have 6'7" Justin Wesley who was a pretty highly recruited PF coming out of HS.

Guest coachacola

If that is the team then it will be a long season!!!!!!

I disagree.  This team will be a lot better offensively than last year.  Nabors is a better offensively than Jay Brown.  Hall came on strong at the end of the year and he'll be even better this year.  Custer and Nwevo will handle the post position better than last year's Worrell (hurt) and Custer (inexperience) duo.  Dawkins was hurt and had a sub-par year, Miles or one of the new PGs will be nearly as effective.  McThay was undersized at the two guard with little depth behind him.  This year Miles, Harper, Moton, Williams will add a lot of depth.  Don't forget about the big guys coming in, who probably won't add much offensively, but could add some inside defensive depth come conference time.

Mffl, I think badndn is talking about Stan Brown, the guy from Chicago.

I think Kendrick Harris is listed at 6'1" as is Miles.

This team should be much bigger.

PG

6'1" Harris

6'0 Miles

SG

6'4" Moton

SF

6'6" Hall

6'5" Harper

PF

6'6" Nabors

6'7" Brown

C

6'10" Custer

6'8" Nwevo

How about Muandumba (if paperwork is in order) or the two young men from Pflugerville?  Also Carter who was here last year as transfer is a big sturdy looking reserve for inside.  Really, if everyone stays healthy they should be better than last season.

I think Kendrick Harris is listed at 6'1" as is Miles.

This team should be much bigger.

PG

6'1" Harris

6'0 Miles

SG

6'4" Moton

SF

6'6" Hall

6'5" Harper

PF

6'6" Nabors

6'7" Brown

C

6'10" Custer

6'8" Nwevo

How about Muandumba (if paperwork is in order) or the two young men from Pflugerville?  Also Carter who was here last year as transfer is a big sturdy looking reserve for inside.  Really, if everyone stays healthy they should be better than last season.

Yeah, I left some off. I was just stating the guys I knew were in the fold.

Guest baseball25

If this is the team they will struggle bad, Sam, A&M corpus, and SFA know how to recruit and I am sure those will be the 3 teams at the top again.

I beg to differ. With all of the young players on the roster and contributing, I think next year when Custer, Moton, Harris and Williams are seniors, Miles, Harper and Carter are juniors, and the incomming freshman have a year under their belt, the expectations for Roc and Company to deliver will be much higher. This year LU and Roc will get a pass as long as we see the young guns improving.

I do not agree with you badndn... I think it is a sink or swim year for Roc... He has had plenty of time to get it together.... He must put a winning product on the floor...

Yeah it's a safe bet that ndn is right.. Roc has at least 2 more years left. And honestly, I will wait 3. I still have confidence in our coach. He was real close just a year ago, then some crap happens and we have an average year.

Guest coachacola

Here's my take:

1.  The first 3 years under Coach Roc have included mostly JUCO players that makes it hard to sustain a winning program year to year.  It's a win now philosophy that prevented Lamar from completely rebuilding with a bunch of freshmen and sophomores, but it slowed down the long term growth of the program.  He's had decent to good teams, but he's been constantly adding a lot of major pieces every year.

2.  There's been a lot of injuries and bad attitudes that's really hurt the team.  Year 1: Roc built the team around big James Davis and look how that turned out.  Year 2: Hall is in a car wreck and if affects his play the whole year.  The team comes together and starts winning big but then Barrow goes down for the season, then Nwevo is injured and doesn't play much at all at the end of year.  Year 3: Nwevo and Nabors out for the year, Worrell and Dawkins played with injuries all year.  Harper plays well the first few games then gets hurt.

3.  I agree with badndn and lufan, Roc will be given a few more years to develop the young players.  If the team doesn't make progress by then Roc will be toast.

ESPN still has him with a verbal commit to Lamar.  His Scouts Grade is 87, a high major prospect.  But that's a lot of PGs if Garza and Harris both sign.

"Pinnacle High School's 6-foot senior point guard Nuno Muandumba signed a national letter of intent with Lamar State University a year ago. After recently running into some citizenship issues, Muandumba will now head to a local prep school ..."

From Rivals website

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami