US - Mexico -- Gold Cup Final

Is this official just trying to screw the US over?

2 yellow cards which i dont believe either of them should have been given..

and then that Penalty when the Mexico guy punched the US defender in the face and ran him over.. which resulted in a goal..

I know lots of people say you cant blame the refs.. but in this game i entirely blame the refs if the US loses

The US folded like a lawnchair.  i felt like we certainly had the better of the play in the 1st half, but after that super-cheap PK goal we just gave up.  I can't think of a single US player who had a decent 2nd half except for maybe Troy Perkins, and seeing as he gave up 5 second half goals, that will tell you just how badly our defense played.  I know that Bradley's trying to get some players some experience, but i would've liked to see him bring in a few quality players for the finals, especially considering that it was a FINAL versus MEXICO.  5-0 is pretty embarrassing scoreline, but i do take some consolation in the fact that this was arguably Mexico's B+ team versus our C- team.  I don't know that any of the players in this game for our side will even see the field when we play Mexico in WC qualifying in a few weeks (at the most 1 or 2).  At least we still have the old "2-0" to fall back on when our Mexican friends talk trash tomorrow.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami