VIDEO..Silsbee Tops Spurger

Guest THE SCOUTER

3 away from beating Silsbee. That is very impressive. Spurger will end up with one loss, to Sabine Pass away. The rest should be a sweep.

3 away from beating Silsbee. That is very impressive. Spurger will end up with one loss, to Sabine Pass away. The rest should be a sweep.

Silsbee did play that game without their three big guys. Also, Spurger had two of Big Sandy's players playing for them.

Silsbee did play without the two 6'7'' guys,but DC came in half way through the first half.The two BS boys scored 6 points combined.Mcgallion,Whittaker and Blankenship done the scoreing the whole tourney for spurger.It would have been a different game altogether with the two big guys playing,we would have had major match up problems.That being said,I am proud of the way they handle there self against the bigger clubs.

Silsbee did play that game without their three big guys. Also, Spurger had two of Big Sandy's players playing for them.

Silsbee did play without the two 6'7'' guys,but DC came in half way through the first half.The two BS boys scored 6 points combined.Mcgallion,Whittaker and Blankenship done the scoreing the whole tourney for spurger.It would have been a different game altogether with the two big guys playing,we would have had major match up problems.That being said,I am proud of the way they handle there self against the bigger clubs.

Don't get me wrong, court, I was very impressed with your squad. I just thought the 3 point loss was a little decieving.

Also, some of the games I saw, those two BS guys did a lot more scoring than just a combined 6 points. I know of one game that at least one of those guys scored 15 or more. The Anahuac varsity coach and I were discussing how good a player he was.

Overall, I thought your team played the best team ball of any team there. A team had to play well in order to beat you guys. There were no freebies.

AAW, Spurger plays the tigers right before we play SP in the first district game.If I remember correctly its going to at yalls place.

Yep, and I'll be there broadcasting the game.

This will be the first time Silsbee has officially played Spurger in any sport. I hope the Spurger fans come and watch.

Silsbee JV did play Spurger's varsity a long time ago, it wasn't too pretty either. I was on that JV squad(see I really meant a long time ago) and we beat Spurger very badly that night. Something like 104-34, not sure exactly, but it was bad.

Don't get me wrong, court, I was very impressed with your squad. I just thought the 3 point loss was a little decieving.

Also, some of the games I saw, those two BS guys did a lot more scoring than just a combined 6 points. I know of one game that at least one of those guys scored 15 or more. The Anahuac varsity coach and I were discussing how good a player he was.

Overall, I thought your team played the best team ball of any team there. A team had to play well in order to beat you guys. There were no freebies.

I did not take the wrong way,the 6 points combined was in the silsbee game.I should have made that a little more clear.Christian is a very good player and i was not trying to take anything away from him or trey,if they wouldnt have came to help us out we would have had to back out of the tourney.He did score 14 against anahuac.

I agree it was a little decieving, (maybe more than a little)  :) :) :)

AAW, Spurger plays the tigers right before we play SP in the first district game.If I remember correctly its going to at yalls place.

Yep, and I'll be there broadcasting the game.

This will be the first time Silsbee has officially played Spurger in any sport. I hope the Spurger fans come and watch.

Silsbee JV did play Spurger's varsity a long time ago, it wasn't too pretty either. I was on that JV squad(see I really meant a long time ago) and we beat Spurger very badly that night. Something like 104-34, not sure exactly, but it was bad.

I hope its a better game than that was.It might not be a good one to broadcast,from our stand point ;) ;)

Guest stevenash

I dont think anyone will blow Spurger out this year. When they have their complete team and some practice they will be hard to beat.....saw  them at the Huntington tourney and was very impressed, especially for a 1A.

They have asked for a bid on some new technology.

The great fans of SE Texas are SO DISILLUSIONED..... ::)....Every local kid that does well at their respective schools will not get the same opportunity on the next level...He was a good 3A player, but at 5'8", very hard to market on the college side...IF he had some legitimate juco offers, it would have been wise for him to jump on it at that time...No knock on him, but the opportunity window for some is very small...I wish the kid luck in his future endeavors, but it looks like basketball has ended for this young man, on the school level anyway.

I agree DV, except for the part about SE Texas being disillusioned.

Shannon needed to take advantage of a couple of opportunities and he chose not to for whatever reasoning, which I don't understand.

You are right, there is not a big market for a '5"6 guard who found himself to be at a disadvantage defensively, to put it lightly. ;)

You using the word "ALL" is what I disagree with. Not all Southeast Texans are disillusioned to the state of basketball recruiting. You being so braod with your statements is where we disagree.

I know that our area, along with many other areas across this state, have fans of that nature. But that doesn't make the whole area to be that way. You just CHOOSE to lump everyone in the same boat. Which is very funny, because you are always adament about people doing you in the same manner.

How about a LOT? You KNOW that I am right about there being A LOT of people in your area that feel that Shannon Robinson got a raw deal because Lamar, UT, UH, or A&M did not recruit him...They just do not understand the dynamics, and that is the case A LOT out there..Heck, thats the case in a lot of other communities as well!

I for one, never thought Shannon was the caliber of player to be recruited by UT, UH, or A&M. Not even Lamar. But, I think he could play at some jucos or even a Div. II school.

First of all, you people do not know whether he is his continuing his basketball career or not. I know shannon robinson on a personal because he's a friend of mine. He is playing college ball. I won't say where yet until he confirm to me on exactly where he playing. There are a few school on his list as of right now.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami