PNG/ BH GAME WILL BE SHOWN SAT. AT NOON CH. 15!!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

POP...POP POP POP.......POP...........POP P-POP P-POPPOPPOP......POP.....................GET IT READY

Let me break it down from what will be the perspective of a Barbers Hill player.  Lets say his name is "Willy".

So Willy steps off the bus and immediately his eyes are fixed on the enormous home stands and towering press box of "The Reservation".  He leans over to his buddy and says, "That is freaking awesome.  There is no way they can fill all those seats?"  His friend replies, "No way bro, it's only a predistrict game."  Their focus quickly shifts to the massive scoreboard and jumbotron.  Willy can only think of one word to describe it, “WOWâ€.  Little does he know that in just a few short hours he will witness one of the most electric high school football atmospheres on the planet. 

Willy and the Eagles begin there pregame warm-ups, occasionally glancing up at the PN-G Faithful, eager to see just how full the stands will be.  He hears something in the distance, BOMbombombom  BOMbombombom  BOMbombombom.  Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez, the Indian Band and Indianettes begin marching into the stadium.   

The Eagles finish up and head into the locker room, emerging a short time later.  Willy looks up to see PN-G has packed the house 10,000 strong.  His team slowly makes there way to the run through.  The PN-G crowd goes wild as they see the Indian locker room doors open.  BOMbombombom  BOMbombombom  BOMbombombom

I just realized I should have put this link for full effect!     

This is the hidden content, please

Ouch!  Before he's even coached in a real game he's already being compared to one of the best coach ever in the state of Texas.  I still say it's a little bizarre.  But only time will tell.

faircloth is the next D.etheridge,png rolls 55- 14.

I don't know about Etheridge being one of the best in the state ever. He did teach the kids to block and tackle the right way, and was an excellent motivator. But, what he did best was sorround himself with good assistants...Bruce Bush, Greg Davis, Tim Nunez, Ken Clearman etc. Once some of these guys moved on to bigger and better things the Indians success fell off(around 1980). I believe Danny Malone was a better coach than Etheridge.

I really like what I'm seeing with Coach Faircloth. This guy has something special and will be very successful. No one can legitimately sit here and say he is the best ever here at this point. But, I believe there is a good chance we will be able to say that after a chance to prove it.

Brandon graduate 2 or 3 years before me at brownwood high  He has not promised to win a bunch of games he has not promised us a district championship all the man has said is that everyday when those boys strap up and those coaches  get on the field they will be the hardest working team in Texas and I know he will    And better than that the boys believe it .....

NDNWarrior, Thanks for the welcome.. BH is ready to matchup with PNG Indians. Both schools rich with tradition and pride. Both schools with State Championships to their credit....Man, I can't wait to see that new stadium and watch those boys come onto the field..The atmosphere will no doubt be electric. And yes, keep all our boys on both teams injury free and safe. Good Luck...I hope these two schools can renew this game for another two years..

I will be heading to the game Friday.  Does Barbers Hill have a strong following?  I'm just wondering if I can expect the other side to be packed in or scattered.  I hope it's packed.

BH has a pretty good following. i don't know if we will pack the house ,but we will bring some Blue to the Rezzzz  ;D

Can't wait till Friday and caon't wait to see the new PNG stadium.  That old stadium really sucked for the incredible following you have.  One day BH will get a few more seats on the visitor side.  I expect there should be a fairly large crowd form BH at the game.  Nothing like PNG brings, but a lot.

I also think the game will be a little closer than expected, even though BH is down again this year.  The defense is playing decent ball and should be able to hold their own, assuming we can stop the downhill run. 

Can't wait till Friday and caon't wait to see the new PNG stadium.  That old stadium really sucked for the incredible following you have.  One day BH will get a few more seats on the visitor side.  I expect there should be a fairly large crowd form BH at the game.  Nothing like PNG brings, but a lot.

I also think the game will be a little closer than expected, even though BH is down again this year.  The defense is playing decent ball and should be able to hold their own, assuming we can stop the downhill run. 

Nice post. I do hope y'all bring a crowd to the rez. We'll all get to see a new look for the Indians and a good ball game all the way around.

One more day and aleast the Freshman and JV get to lock up!!! How is the Indian JV and Freshman teams? If it wasn't so dang far I would go watch them ;D I NEED FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our JV looked pretty good against Memorial last week. JV QB is a big kid 6'4"

Freshman needed some work.

One more day and aleast the Freshman and JV get to lock up!!! How is the Indian JV and Freshman teams? If it wasn't so dang far I would go watch them ;D I NEED FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good God! What are they feeding these kids ;D

Good God! What are they feeding these kids ;D

Freshmen will be just fine for this game. I know in the scrimmage they were very nervous. The freshmen team has a lot of talent running around on the field. The coaches have put in some OT with the freshmen this week. In the PAM scrimmage the first team didn't play much before the weather delay. I think their offense played maybe 8-12 plays and were mostly running the ground game and they moved the ball well. The D did fairly well in this short time span. On the D the coaches rotated several players in the huddle to see what they could do. PAM started bombarding the freshmen when they put in the second team against PAM first team. I was beginning to wonder what the cities have been putting in the water here in Groves and Port Neches myself !!! LOL ! Some of these boys are Hugh !!!  I think the o line for the Freshmen team is averaging around 215 lbs !  One kid is around 250 lbs. All the others are around 210 + !  The freshman running back is small but he plays like he is 6' 5" and 240 lbs !!!  He has alot of heart and a never give up attitude !  We have some tall receivers as well. I think the freshman team should be just fine now !  The JV should be as good this year as they were last year as a Freshman team or yet even better than they were last year. The JV looked solid on the offensive side. The D had alittle to work on, but I believe they will do great thru the season and especially the district. I really enjoy watching the practices and the intensity that the coaches put forth into these men. The teams really respond well to the coaches and what they are teaching them. The whole mentality of the program has changed and goes to the freshmen level of play. PNG is definitely building a solid program from the youth up !  PNG in my opinion should have a fully reloaded team every year from here on out for years to come. Coach Faircloth is the real deal in my view. He wants to win and he brought in coaches who want to win and who also have a winning history with the teams they coached at before PNG !!! To be successful you have to surround yourself with winners !  Faircloth has done that for himself with the new coaches, and in turn it surrounds the players with winners as well. Just a philosophy!

I noticed in a picture of the new stadium that the student section behind the end zone has been removed. Is the PN-G side sold out yet?

Yes they removed the endzone seat. We only played a couple games last year at home, with the first game having the most people. The first sell out will probably be the MCM game this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax