What would YOU do....

Who is "them" ??   Who's  oppressed??    And how??

(a) moderators (b)guests © taking away our rights to express our concerns on subjects that matter to the guests on the forum.

FORUM:  a public meeting place for open discussion c: a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas.

FASCISM: a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

2: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control

Who is "them" ??   Who's  oppressed??    And how??

(a) moderators (b)guests © taking away our rights to express our concerns on subjects that matter to the guests on the forum.

FORUM:  a public meeting place for open discussion c: a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas.

FASCISM: a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

2: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control

Do you honestly feel that an individual posting on this board cannot express his/her opinion without being "oppressed" (refer to the definition in your post))  by a moderator?

I think the mods are quite generous when it comes to letting us express ourselves.  I do agree with them however, when it gets to be a personal attack/vulgarity/ and the like that the thread should be locked or removed.  That, in my opinion, is for the benefit of all posters.  This is not the place for that kind of behavior.  That is stipulated in the forum rules.

I don't recall ever seeing a thread locked or removed for  spirited posting as long as it is within the boundaries of the rules  Just like in government, in schools, in the workplace in church and so on, there has to be  structure and control to make it work properly.

Guest DickVitale

Start a new private school and hire DV as my hoops coach just to watch him fail again!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Moderators...You gonna let this guy BASH A COACH? is that not against forum rules? BTW, in order to fail again, you must fail a first time...I have yet to fail anything I have done....And I STILL get the job...EVERYTIME...No matter who hates on me....Be jealous all you want, Lazeek...I am on top...again.

FORUM:  a public meeting place for open discussion c: a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas.

The moderators are trying to keep things respectful. If people would stop making things personal, a race issue, or both, there wouldn't be any locked or deleted threads.

The moderators are trying to keep things respectful. If people would stop making things personal, a race issue, or both, there wouldn't be any locked or deleted threads.

Okay, how many Black moderators do we have versus white ones?

Why does that matter? Sounds like more "affirmitive action." ::)

My exact point! Thanks!

FORUM:  a public meeting place for open discussion c: a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas.

My exact point! Thanks!

I never said that affirmitive action is a good thing. Race and sex shouldn't play a factor in society at all. Affirmitive action has made discrimination public policy.

Even so, now this thread is in the process of becoming a race issue. We can now expect this thread to be locked soon.

You must have a very sophisticated, state-of-the art computer to see an individual's skin color on it. Mine can't do that  ::)

::shaking my head::  I really didn't think that a thread discussing a lottery winner would turn into yet another racial issue..  :(

What is the point of even asking that question??  Are you THAT concerned about it >>  I'd suggest talk to the owner/administrator of this forum and express your concerns.

In the meantime though

I'll try my best to see if I can find a thread topic that cannot be spun to involve race...(is that possible) ??

Guest DickVitale

Bluedove falls back....he shoots...HE SCORES!!! AND THATS THE GAME!!!!  :D :D

He posed a GREAT question, and no one seems willing to give a straight answer to it.....Wonder why? ::)

He posed a GREAT question, and no one seems willing to give a straight answer to it.....Wonder why? ::)

I personally don't know what color anyones skin is.......wait, take that back, I believe Gabe is Mexican. Also, to be a moderator I think...(pretty sure)...almost positive, you have to obey the posted rules. Unfortunately, that leaves out the two guys that I know are black.........sorry Dove and Dick  ;D

She hasn't scored yet?  Once again she is way off the mark.

this is a privately owned site and the owner can set up whatever rules he likes.  If we don't like it we can go set up our own site.

Guest DickVitale

I personally don't know what color anyones skin is.......wait, take that back, I believe Gabe is Mexican. Also, to be a moderator I think...(pretty sure)...almost positive, you have to obey the posted rules. Unfortunately, that leaves out the two guys that I know are black.........sorry Dove and Dick  ;D

Of course.... ::) ::) Let that be the reason, because ALL of the mods follow ALL of the posting rules... ::)...And BTW, I am part Eskimo, part Native American, part Mexican, 1/3 European, and half Italian!!!  :D :D :D :D (kidding of course)

I personally don't know what color anyones skin is.......wait, take that back, I believe Gabe is Mexican. Also, to be a moderator I think...(pretty sure)...almost positive, you have to obey the posted rules. Unfortunately, that leaves out the two guys that I know are black.........sorry Dove and Dick   ;D

Hippy..how do you know for sure??  They could be posing..maybe they are just SETX rednecks like the rest of us...Oh wait..I'm a Yankee..that don't count.. ;D

i can't believe this thread turned into a racial issue somehow.  still, i'll oblige bluedove with an answer as best as i can.  To MY knowledge, I know of two black moderators.  It's quite possible that there are a couple more, as I don't know very many people on this site outside of the site itself.  That number has nothing to do with skin color.  It's based on the fact that those two posters are very active on the site and make intelligent posts.  if you two didn't constantly hijack threads and cause controversy, it's quite possible that both of you would be moderators by now based on your sports knowledge and the amount of time that you spend on the board.  Another key question is this... what percentage of the posters who have more than, let's say 1000 posts are black?  5% maybe?  if being active on the board is one of the prerequisites for becoming a mod, this number alone would go a long way to explaining why there aren't many black mods.

i can't believe this thread turned into a racial issue somehow.  still, i'll oblige bluedove with an answer as best as i can.  To MY knowledge, I know of two black moderators.  It's quite possible that there are a couple more, as I don't know very many people on this site outside of the site itself.  That number has nothing to do with skin color.  It's based on the fact that those two posters are very active on the site and make intelligent posts.  if you two didn't constantly hijack threads and cause controversy, it's quite possible that both of you would be moderators by now based on your sports knowledge and the amount of time that you spend on the board.  Another key question is this... what percentage of the posters who have more than, let's say 1000 posts are black?  5% maybe?  if being active on the board is one of the prerequisites for becoming a mod, this number alone would go a long way to explaining why there aren't many black mods.

Well, if I won a huge lotto, I would want to know the racial percentage of the moderators on this site. The winnings would give me the time to do some statistical research on the *ins and outs* on why there may be racial disparities among the mods. The extra money would allow me to a model to study if this site reflects the same social barriers in the real world. 8)

If I recall, when I applied for membership to this site, it didn't ask me what color I was. So, how could anyone justify asking what percentage of any race is on here. This is a clear case of bring up race just for the controversy.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to establish what race a person is nor his/her parallel of interest. ::) ::)

If I recall, when I applied for membership to this site, it didn't ask me what color I was. So, how could anyone justify asking what percentage of any race is on here. This is a clear case of bring up race just for the controversy.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to establish what race a person is nor his/her parallel of interest. ::) ::)

Anyone can join, its not based on race.