**Rockets vs Lakers Series Thread**Lakers Advance!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot of things bearing against the Rockets.  But I know one thing.  If we feed Yao early and often, Lakers can find themselves on the Rope.  They don't want to have use split the series coming into Clutch City...

Soulja you know I love ya but Yao is going to get beat up by Gasol and Bynum

There is a lot of things bearing against the Rockets.  But I know one thing.  If we feed Yao early and often, Lakers can find themselves on the Rope.  They don't want to have use split the series coming into Clutch City...

Soulja you know I love ya but Yao is going to get beat up by Gasol and Bynum

Doubt that, but kobe's gonna get beat up by artest and battier..

The Rockets do not have enough quality bench players to contrend with the Lakers.  I believe they will win on maybe two home games (long shot).  The rockets need a quality back-up center and a back-up Small forward to even compete in this series.  If they can fill those gaps this summer they will be a better team.  If they could find an allstar at the point or two, they could be a pretty hard team to contend with.  They will have issues unloading T-Macs contract and will be in a bind for a few years... Unless the match-ups work out I see them being a second round and done team this year and next year!

The rockets played ok and still won by 10 on the road....  pretty good defensive game....by both teams.  This series will be a dog fight.  The rockets have players that neutralize the edge the Lakers have over most teams.

*I love how great defense by the Rockets was marginalized by the TNT announcers... kobe is sick, the lakers had a layoff, etc.... 

Brooks looked good.....  great move by the rockets front office sending Reafer to Disney World!

Great game rockets... Wednesday we will be playing and angry LA team... This would be the upset of the ages if the Rockets can pull it off...  I think it will be very hard to win this series... Only if Artest can play BIG every game.  Looks like Vujacic nullifies one of our greatest bench threats, that is going to be a problem.  I think Chuck Hayes will need to play big minutes in this series too. 

Guest JoesBros

Im so proud of this team how they did not back down to the "mighty" Lakers. Question is can they keep this up in game 2? Phil Jackson is probably one of the best coache's in NBA history so I think the Lakers are going to adjust and shoot better. YAO and Artest are the two main reasons this team won Monday night. If they can keep it up I will say Rockets in 6. GET RED Baby!!

First off, im tired of hearing about kobe's sick blah blah blah... these biased announcers dont wanna see the rockets win this series so they're gonna make all the excuses they can.. But back to the game, I was really impressed with the defense last night, they forced the lakers to take mostly jumpshots and it payed off, game two they have to do the same thing, keep the game that their pace and not let the lakers control the tempo. First off they need to try and pull out the win tomorrow in LA again, but one thing they CANT do is lose at home, they've taken home court from LA, now they have to capitalize andd cant give it back... time to shock the world...

everyone get RED-EYY

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hthnkroor
    Newest Member
    hthnkroor