What is the rule on

Players from the same school playing on the same AAU team.  Can the entire team be made up of a roster of players from the highschool team?  Can they practice in the offseason with thier AAU coach. 

Can they use thier HS gym if the HS cacoh does not coach, only the AAU coach?

Thanks

Guest DickVitale

Yes they can all play together, just the head coach is not allowed to coach them...You can use any gym you want, but once again, the head coach is not allowed to get involved in any way...Got some AAU going on over there in MUSTANG LAND, buddy? ;)

Guest DickVitale

Working on it, but want to do it right.  You know how it is in this territory. ::)

Yeah, I know...If it aint football.....You can't cheat!!! :D :D

Guest nostradamus

Actually, it's not just the head coach that can't coach them.......any person in the school district that is employed as a coach cannot coach them.......however, school district employees that are NOT coaches can coach them.

They can practice wherever they want.......as long as it doesn't interfere with "Friday walk throughs"

Guest DickVitale

Actually, it's not just the head coach that can't coach them.......any person in the school district that is employed as a coach cannot coach them.......however, school district employees that are NOT coaches can coach them.

They can practice wherever they want.......as long as it doesn't interfere with "Friday walk throughs"

Well, yeah, I thought he was speaking of just himself...Thanks for the clarity, though, bro!! :D 8)

Nos, you got any shooting lessons going on out there yet?

Guest stevenash

nope.....just camps during the summer.....too many people found out I was a shooter and not a maker......

Oh I get it. You don't want to be blamed for HJ losses in 4 years...cool ;)

Dove- Have you given any thought to trying to promote NATIONAL high school championship tourneys?  If you started on that now and get it instituted, I'll bet that the 2012-2014 HF team will take it all.  It is important, however, to be mindful of what years of Universal off season does to a  basketball player.

midget_basketball.jpg

nope.....just camps during the summer.....too many people found out I was a shooter and not a maker......

Dove- Have you given any thought to trying to promote NATIONAL high school championship tourneys?  If you started on that now and get it instituted, I'll bet that the 2012-2014 HF team will take it all.  It is important, however, to be mindful of what years of Universal off season does to a  basketball player.

midget_basketball.jpg

I like mismatch here. Looks like the smaller fella is going around the bigger one.

midget_basketball.jpg

I like mismatch here. Looks like the smaller fella is going around the bigger one.

Hmm? Almost HF and HJ school colors

Hey Coach, other than the camp Coach Sutherland & former Coach Simms host @ the high school at the end of the school year & the one Coach Sutherland co-sponsors @ Westgate Baptist I believe, are there anymore local camps you recommend?  I have two sons in the HJ basketball program, and unfortunately they possess all my basketball skills, so I was wondering if there are any other opportunities they can take advantage of.

Hey Coach, other than the camp Coach Sutherland & former Coach Simms host @ the high school at the end of the school year & the one Coach Sutherland co-sponsors @ Westgate Baptist I believe, are there anymore local camps you recommend?  I have two sons in the HJ basketball program, and unfortunately they possess all my basketball skills, so I was wondering if there are any other opportunities they can take advantage of.

John Lucas' camps are the best I've seen in this area.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124