Hardin to start Breaking ground on Turf In June/NEW PICS

Guest baseball25

The comment was made earlier, that the new turf will help the Hardin program...how?  Are kids from all over Southeast Texas gonna transfer to Hardin to play 5 games a season on the turf?  Don't think so.  No doubt it is great and our trip to Hardin will be much nicer now, but I don't think it is going to make their program any better.  That is all up to the coaches and kids!  Congrats on the field improvements!  But how about some lights for the baseball field so we don't have to come over at 4:00 anymore...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The comment was made earlier, that the new turf will help the Hardin program...how?  Are kids from all over Southeast Texas gonna transfer to Hardin to play 5 games a season on the turf?  Don't think so.  No doubt it is great and our trip to Hardin will be much nicer now, but I don't think it is going to make their program any better.  That is all up to the coaches and kids!  Congrats on the field improvements!  But how about some lights for the baseball field so we don't have to come over at 4:00 anymore...

Cant have it all but have to admit pretty cool having turf for a 2a skewl.

They are suppose to be putting lights and turf at the softball and baseball fields, with the brand new parking! I would say it will give kids a sense of pride by the way in regards to improving things in Hardin, just picking spirits up is an amazing thing!!!!

Hey Bruno, from what I understand they are making improvements on the Baseball field. I haven't been out towards the field but I'll do my best to keep this forum up to date on it. Unless you're a student I wouldn't be complaining leaving school early to go play ball...hehehe but parents I understand. Give Hardin time, the school is doing its best to make improvements.

Light are coming for next year.

Every year its the same thing... And odds are HD will win again. Hardin has been and always will be a joke.

I played on Hardins field for years back in the day. They had the worst facilities in the entire county. I think its great and will benefit not only the district but the community as well. Cant wait to hear about the Cats beating up on them on there new turf! Go Cats.

If you are from HD, you won't be hearing of your team winning at Hardin this year.

i agree hardin will be pretty tough this year

Way to go Hardin!  I was a coach there back in the eighties, the grass wasn't "that bad" but I do agree, HD's was a much better field.  It was tough to watch a game from the home stands early in the year, looking straight into the sun.  Surprised they are just now getting that changed.  Now the track back then left tons to be desired.  Glad to see they have an all weather track.  Haven't been around much lately so I am behind on the news, who is the new super?  Looking forward to seeing great things from the Hornets!

Congrats on the new stuff, excuse my ignorance on this, but I've heard a lot of stories about Staph infections and others from the turf.  How is stuff like that prevented?  You can use bleach & water to clean up bathrooms & showers, but what do you do for the turf if any?

Congrats on the new stuff, excuse my ignorance on this, but I've heard a lot of stories about Staph infections and others from the turf.  How is stuff like that prevented?  You can use bleach & water to clean up bathrooms & showers, but what do you do for the turf if any?

I am from West Texas and our field has had turf for several years.  I've never heard of any problem with staph.

Have not been to a Hardin since they were in our district but allow me to have your attention please. Thank You From the sounds of it they have they going on. Why?

1. Hired Coach Haynes. Check

2. Hired a really good Supid. from the sounds of it. Check

3. Fans or voters were not afraid to spend some money in tough times. Check

4. They hired one of my favorite Coaches in Jeff Jones. Let me tell you Hardin fans or parents a couple of things. Man is one of the hardest working Coach's ever seen. Man will do anything for your kids including getting them some looks by Colleges. Man is great father and husband which is not all bad. PLUS he likes kids and prolly one of the best all around Coaches around. Your kid will NEVER play for a man with more passion. Worst day in Huffman over the last two years is when Jeff Jones went to another school. Check

Anyway men and women of Hardin County you are doing well for yourselves which leads me to the the cusp of being a Hornet fan.  ;D I still like EC and was down with Kountze but when the HC left and went to Wos? NOT GOOD.

Have not been to a Hardin since they were in our district but allow me to have your attention please. Thank You From the sounds of it they have they going on. Why?

4. They hired one of my favorite Coaches in Jeff Jones. Let me tell you Hardin fans or parents a couple of things. Man is one of the hardest working Coach's ever seen. Man will do anything for your kids including getting them some looks by Colleges. Man is great father and husband which is not all bad. PLUS he likes kids and prolly one of the best all around Coaches around. Your kid will NEVER play for a man with more passion. Worst day in Huffman over the last two years is when Jeff Jones went to another school. Check

Anyway men and women of Hardin County you are doing well for yourselves which leads me to the the cusp of being a Hornet fan.  ;D I still like EC and was down with Kountze but when the HC left and went to Wos? NOT GOOD.

Umm...Hardin is in Liberty County!!!!

Umm...Hardin is in Liberty County!!!!

What did they do that far?

Good question

Hornet are you the same person that finished in top ten in tough man com-petion?

No sir I placed 11th  8)

You beast....  ;D

I drove by the field today and was hoping someone would post some pics on here. It was very interesting to look at. I was thinking, what would a random person who didn't know what was going on think, if they drove by. Probably think that they were doing away with football.

Hope that you keep the pics coming as the field progresses.

Good for Hardin.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86