Beaumont Enterprise Super Gold Team

I dont either.  And I can guarantee none of my players will either.  BUTTTTTTT.......  I cant say anything without saying something about another young man... and I am not even going to argue for Kelly players......... but several others.....soooo..... :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Guest setxgal

I understand It cover s MUCH larger area than the districts, isnt about like 3 plus kelley?

So why not let us know what is considered in the process and the numbers of kids that are picked for each team......please help us understand

and in no way, shape, or form,am I taking away from the kids that have been bestowed this honor!

There are certainly deserving players on this list every year.  However, this list has annually left off some of the top players in the area going all the way back to Jimmy Stone from Kelly early in this decade who was one of the few kids in the area to sign a DI scholarship at that time.  Jimmy had been dominant for Kelly and committed to Vanderbilt University yet he wasn't on the Super Gold list.  My honest opinion is this list does more harm than good as too many kids are overlooked.

Just the fact nobody from the Kelly Girl's team made the Super Gold Team invalidates it.

Kelly had a winning record against the local play-off teams.

Madeline Horning and Claire Dykeman are considered as two of the premier players in the whole state. It is hard to concieve they are not included as top players in just this area.

None of the Kelly boys or girls were included because Kelly is considered to be a private catholic school. These players were picked from the areas public schools. The two state premiere girls you listed were picked for that award out of the other private catholic schools in Texas... And there are not many of these schools in the sate of Texas.

exposure can also affect who makes the team.  playing at HJ, i was passed over my sophomore and junior years where my stats (combined 50+ goals and 20+ assists) and performance were more than enough to get mentioned , but our coach didn't call in our scores to the papers, and unless we were playing the big name schools (i usually made the papers in scorelines like 5-1 or 6-2), we got little to no coverage at all.  i know there are always some high profile players left off, but i felt a bit slighted that i never made it.  when i scored 30 goals as a sophomore (playing half the season at defensive mid), i was especially upset that i didn't make it. it's worth mentioning that that was the season that jimmy stone got slighted as a senior.

None of the Kelly boys or girls were included because Kelly is considered to be a private catholic school. These players were picked from the areas public schools. The two state premiere girls you listed were picked for that award out of the other private catholic schools in Texas... And there are not many of these schools in the sate of Texas.

If I'm not mistaken the Kelly keeper made the list on the second team.

The real answer is nobody from Kelly got it because the person at the paper never asked the coaches which players  there would be quality to nominate. Nathan Stockie is the best keeper in the area and got nominated second team off of another coaches nomination.  I was never asked about any players for Kelly.  It is not at all for Public Schools.  Take away the Kelly kids for being private then where are the Memorial players and three from west brook verses one from Nederland and PnG.  Makes no sense for a third place team to have three .

Guest setxgal

I believe everyone on the list should BE there.(and maybe a few more).I just want to know how Mr. CLarke came up with it since he apparently didn't talk to anyone~

Oh it isnt important what happened ..its all good.. Glad that Poole and Granato got  what they did. I wasnt bashing your keeper or vidrine but saying nathan was better....... they were all good... I really was not in agreemant more with three wb players than anything.  you at least won district......  and nathan is signing with Long Island Uiversity... that matters more to him... ...

Guest Newbie

While I understand your frustration Shark ( I agree that Nathan Stockie is the best boys keeper in this area), it reeks of sour grapes when you say that WB having 3 players on the list is not earned because they  placed 3rd in district.  Looking at UIL's website, of the top 4 teams in the state playoffs, I see Katy boys as one of the top 4 in 5a.  WB played them this season and lost 2-3.  Not bad for a 3rd place team in district. Lumberton also played Brenham and lost 2-1.  Just because your team didn't get the props that you believe they deserve, it is not nice (yeah, unsportsmanlike) to bash another team and their players.  Who knows who decides who's on the list.  The bottom line is, these players worked hard and someone recognized them for it.  We all think our teams are the best. 

I assume Kelly players were considered since several were named as honorable mention and some have made it in the past. Don't know what the criteria is but difficult to say those athletes on the team didn't deserve it. They all had fine seasons and should be proud. Congratulations.

On the girls side, I note that many of those on the team and honorable mention are a few juniors and mostly sophomores who have played with Mike Hughes' Spindletop 93 team. For many years, he has successfully managed perhaps the most consistent and best club in Southeast Texas.

It doesnt matter really what place The Brook finished.  In reality,  .  Again nathan not  being listed first doesnt bother him at all.  He has gotten what he wanted.  a Div One scholarship . I am not defending any player by arguing wb had three.  None of my players have said one thing about the picks.  Whether they lost to some of the best teams in the state by one or by five...  they are losses.   I had seen brook play three times this season.  Would say by watching them that two of these players are not better than players left off the list.   .  But you have left Memorial out and they had a couple of really good players.  Its not sour grapes..... I do not in any way want to say a player from kelly would be on this team before any other than the one i listed .  Take Kelly out of the loop and I have seen all the other teams in the area play...   and with no bias toward any ...  WB one.. Lumber two... vidor one.. lcm one .. png one.. memorial.. one..  Nederland two...   I didnt see Jasper or HJ play...   Silsbee one... and one to another team i didnt see... Out of the ones I saw... thats it... I would go with MVP.  Granato scored some nice goals in the games I watched him and knows how to get open....  If I put Kelly in the loop.. then one... ha...  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder