Golfers

Guest stevenash

are they really athletes?..... How hard could it be to knock a little ball into a hole thats twice the size of the ball........

Maybe Charles Barkley could give you some perspective on that.

Guest nostradamus

lets see....

downhill, sidehill lie...ball below your feet, wind at you 10 mph, tree limb about 20 yards in front of you and 20 feet in the air, sand pit guarding the green and pin in the back

if you can hit that shot then you KNOW that golfers are athletes....

lets see....

downhill, sidehill lie...ball below your feet, wind at you 10 mph, tree limb about 20 yards in front of you and 20 feet in the air, sand pit guarding the green and pin in the back

Uh Nos, you need to freshen up on your golf lingo. It's a sand trap or bunker, not sand pit. ;) ;D

Guest stevenash

lets see....

Uh Nos, you need to freshen up on your golf lingo. It's a sand trap or bunker, not sand pit. ;) ;D

I think those words might actually have been a type of bait.

Guest stevenash

i think to answer it you have to define athlete. no you don't have to be fast or able to jump but it takes alot of hand eye cordnation and good depth preception

Well said (although actually the word is perception instead of preception)

Guest spinks

Would you rather have a boss that is golfer or former football player? Which do you think could keep a company afloat?  ;D

Ask Greg Norman.  Many more successful business men coming out of the golf world than the football world!!!!

Golfers are athletes!!!!!!!!!

I may be 5'10 and 280 but I am still an athlete.  Just ask Nostradamus!!!!  Several years ago (like almost 20 years ago) I took him down in a game of 21 in front of Coach Breithaupt!!!! ;D ;D  I have played in tennis tournaments, softball games, basketball games, etc.

I may not be able to dunk it, hit a homerun, etc. but I can play all of the above without question and play them better than most!!!!!!!!!

Anyone that says golfers are not athletes are just plain ridiculous!!!!!!!!!  Look at Tiger.....he may be one of the most fit people in the world!!!!!!  Are there pudgy players out there, sure there are. 

Fat guys rule!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Guest aschrapps

Tiger is the exception...have you seen Sergio Garcia, Camillo Villegas, Charles Howell. more and more young golfers are just as fit golfers are absolutely athletes. You try and swing someting at over 100 miles an hour and make perfect contact.

Look GOLFERS lets face it whether you are called athletes or not who cares? Golf started out for the wealthy and educated that's that. Not a better sport and more challenging not to mention you have to have some class to participate. Call you what you wish but a very pure sport.

Guest stevenash

If golf is a sport and golfers are athletes, then the same credit should go to bowlers and their "sport".  Golf is a gentleman's game, plain and simple.  And this thread does not belong in the basketball forum.

Are you a member of the "subject police"?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder