State Tourney

1. Didn't know there were any plow boys in existance any more.

2. The mid range jumper is still in existance.

3. Was #31 (DeSota)Isaiah Washingtons son?

4. Cops having to control Kimballs fans.....they were a class act....

5. Ponder controlling tempo and taking high percentage shots....what else is new?

6. Why dont they make decent state tournament tee shirts?

7. Never judge the outcome of a game by watching the teams warm up.

8. The officiating for the most part was not as good as last year.

9. SJ fans were fun to watch.

10. Missed Phil the announcer

11. HJ could have played with Madison.

Guest DickVitale

Hj could have played with Madison...no doubt.  :P...If he said they couldnt then he knows less than I thought.... ;D

Hey smart guy...HJ LOST IN THE SEMIS!!!! To the team that got beat in the finals! Are you HJ faithful that blind are just plain retarded? GEEZ! ::) Its always what HJ coulda, woulda, shoulda done....They got BEAT! And it will be another 20 years before they win another title, too!

Guest nostradamus
And it will be another 20 years before they win another title, too!

Got this one saved!  Statements like this are what end up making you look bad.

Guest DickVitale

See it is dumb statements like this that people end up getting pissed at you about!!!!!!!!  Get a life DV!!!!!  HJ will win another title before you win one as a head coach or assistant!!!!!!!!

Sure thing....I wouldn't bet against me though....Been there, done that...and you?

And it will be another 20 years before they win another title, too!

Got this one saved!  Statements like this are what end up making you look bad.

Save it...write it down..Take a picture....I said it!

Guest spinks

Hj could have played with Madison...no doubt.  :P...If he said they couldnt then he knows less than I thought.... ;D

Hey smart guy...HJ LOST IN THE SEMIS!!!! To the team that got beat in the finals! Are you HJ faithful that blind are just plain retarded? GEEZ! ::) Its always what HJ coulda, woulda, shoulda done....They got BEAT! And it will be another 20 years before they win another title, too!

sad sad sad.  No support for a school.  been to 2 state tournaments in 3 years and won one of them and he has to say they won't win another one for 20 years.  You only say that if you DONT like the school and the people involved in it.  It is plain to see you just don't like HJ.  I hate that!

Guest stevenash

sad sad sad.  No support for a school.  been to 2 state tournaments in 3 years and won one of them and he has to say they won't win another one for 20 years.  You only say that if you DONT like the school and the people involved in it.  It is plain to see you just don't like HJ.  I hate that!

Spinks and Nos, get real.  You don't know anything.  You must understand things like the weakness of regions that only "the enlightened"(or perhaps delusionally enlightened)comprehend.  The Celtics obviously were not the best team in basketball last year because they came from the weaker conference.

I got the picture!!!!!!! We'll just wait and see!!!

How much farther did HJ go than your beloved team....Thats what I thought.

Hj lost to a team in OT, no doubt, and that team that we lost to lost the next game in OT, for Dallas Madison to be in a much tougher region then its hard to even see why the game even went to overtime....wow..you are correct that region is way tougher... ::)....NOT. How can you even think that way, Did they play a different team than we did maybe they have two teams, one that plays region 3 teams and another that plays everyone else.....Give me a break...

i had an opportunity to watch ozen last year once and they where on of the best defensive teams i have seen play.. they played alot more organized than hj does and where a whole lot more fundamentally skilled than hj but i don't know what there like now with the new coach

They might have better raw basketball, but fundamentally better than HJ.  Have you watched both play.  HJ's press is crazy.  In your face the whole game.  Their defense is a lot of their offense.  The reason is discipline.  Athletes only make the game exciting, basketball players is what makes the game.

i have watch hj for the a lot for the  past 7-8 and i know what there all about. ozen Had a lot of discipline with boutte (Sp). hj press is  very deadly they wear u down and when the 4th quarter comes they attack.. but fundamentals ozen had them beat, but if you really want to talk about that kingwood has everybody in the state beat..

have you seen Ponder Class 2A back to back state champs.  Talk about by the book.  It is really nice to see kids play with that kind of mind set.  When they run their offense they hardly ever force a shot, they just set back up and re run it till something comes open.  I know they are only 2A, but if our area teams had that kind of discipline we would have more state champs here in the golden triangle.

Guest nostradamus

dccurtis,

You are way off base on your assessment of HJ.  First, let me say that I am not saying that HJ is more fundamental than Ozen.  If a team is not relying on fundamentals then they are relying on athleticism.  I can assure you that there are only a few teams in this area that HJ is more athletic than.  HJ MUST be fundamentally sound or they have no chance.  Just because our system is up tempo and we press from start to finish does not mean that we are not fundamental.  That is a common misconception.  It is organized chaos.  There is a reason for everything that our players do on the court.  If a team plays straight man to man or a soft zone they will appear "more organized" but, that doesn't mean they are more fundamentally sound or necessarily more organized.  Why do you think Ozen is "more disciplined"?  Because they play a slower pace on offense or utilize the spread game more often?  That doesn't equate to being "more disciplined" (again, not saying Ozen is not disciplined).  I would venture to say it takes a ton of discipline to play in the system that HJ has where you know you will give up some easy baskets and that the other team is more likely to make runs due to the number of possessions created.  It takes a ton of discipline to know "see the forest for the trees".  I think you are comparing philosophies and styles and using poor terminology to contrast the two. 

nos i never said hj wasn't discipline they are and i like y'all style of play and how y'all mix up the presses and pressure on teams .you have to be smart,fundamentally and discipline to make it as far as you guys did. you guys ran up in down the court yet playing under controll through out the playoffs and when needing to slow down.. you have your guys in great condition to play that style probally the best in the state.. i was disagreeing with what know all said about ozen  playing city ball and there fundamentals..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics