State Tourney

Guest nostradamus

gotcha.....just got caught reading your responses and took it that way.  Anyone that has watched Ozen under Boutte knows that they are sound and disciplined.  Boutte's teams run the spread better than anyone in the state and you can't run the spread without being sound and disciplined.

Guest stevenash

dccurtis,

You are way off base on your assessment of HJ.  First, let me say that I am not saying that HJ is more fundamental than Ozen.  If a team is not relying on fundamentals then they are relying on athleticism.  I can assure you that there are only a few teams in this area that HJ is more athletic than.  HJ MUST be fundamentally sound or they have no chance.  Just because our system is up tempo and we press from start to finish does not mean that we are not fundamental.  That is a common misconception.  It is organized chaos.  There is a reason for everything that our players do on the court.  If a team plays straight man to man or a soft zone they will appear "more organized" but, that doesn't mean they are more fundamentally sound or necessarily more organized.  Why do you think Ozen is "more disciplined"?  Because they play a slower pace on offense or utilize the spread game more often?  That doesn't equate to being "more disciplined" (again, not saying Ozen is not disciplined).  I would venture to say it takes a ton of discipline to play in the system that HJ has where you know you will give up some easy baskets and that the other team is more likely to make runs due to the number of possessions created.  It takes a ton of discipline to know "see the forest for the trees".  I think you are comparing philosophies and styles and using poor terminology to contrast the two. 

Nos- Don't bring that crap on here.  You "little guys" live in your own dream world with little, if any recognition of what takes place in the real world.  Furthermore, stuff that works in 3-a would be torn apart at the 4-a level where they have a more sophisticated and analytical approach that is well beyond your comprehension.  Trust me, they "know" some things that hicks can't understand.  So, the best thing for you to do is go  on back to your little Mickey Mouse school and continue to believe that you are a coach and you just might be, sort of one, at the 3-a level.  OH, and by the way, that kid from Jasper, Weatherspoon who played basketball for you(in a very weak region) and is now an All American Linebacker at Missouri, that was pure luck and very much an exception to the rule just as Joseph Jones from Normangee/Texas A&M was in basketball.

Guest stevenash

Not in THIS lifetime.... ::) ::)

1-a

You're gay.

Thats an extremely discriminatory remark.  Aren't you one that supports equality for all?

Guest DickVitale

Not in THIS lifetime.... ::) ::)

1-a

You're gay.

Thats an extremely discriminatory remark.  Aren't you one that supports equality for all?

You're....extremely gay.

Guest DickVitale

My best friend is playing for u next year Dick!!!

Thats Coach V or Mr. V to you young man!!!! (i.e. Bobby Knight to the Indiana student!) :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder