**HJ vs. Lubbock Estacado...HJ FALLS SHORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**

Guest tigersvoice

no, no, no......don't delete it......you could sell tickets.....I want to be there to see it...of course, you may be getting more than you bargain for

Yeah ok....I am urban remember....Suburban....but still URBAN....believe that. ;)

Ahhhh, and that strikes fear into the hearts of bumpkinland

Watch your back NASH - by now there is a hit order out on you. :o

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

no, no, no......don't delete it......you could sell tickets.....I want to be there to see it...of course, you may be getting more than you bargain for

Yeah ok....I am urban remember....Suburban....but still URBAN....believe that. ;)

No need for a hit....not necessary... ;)

Guest stevenash

It won't be the first time.

Guest ST4life

To clarify, I don't think they have national high school powerlifting team rankings, but, Mark Henry was the national powerlifting champion his senior year at Silsbee.

So that means that Silsbee could be one of the only school in SETX who has ever had a #1 national ranking in a athletic sport.......

Guest stevenash

To clarify, I don't think they have national high school powerlifting team rankings, but, Mark Henry was the national powerlifting champion his senior year at Silsbee.

So that means that Silsbee could be one of the only school in SETX who has ever had a #1 national ranking in a athletic sport.......

Could be.  HOwever, you must remember it is just 3-a and from a weak region.

and this matters why?

when did this become a silsbee's the greatest ever because they had a good powerlifter thread??

Could be.  HOwever, you must remember it is just 3-a and from a weak region.

and in America, it's a pretty irrelevant sport.

Guest ST4life

and this matters why?

when did this become a silsbee's the greatest ever because they had a good powerlifter thread??

Well you HJ guys always talk about yalls 3 time state championships in the athletic sport of basketball so I thought I would just go ahead and top that with a #1 national ranking............ ;)

Oh we know.  You won't let us forget it.

Are you familiar with the phrase "reverse discrimination?"  It must be nice that society allows you to play the race card without any ramifications.

Does setting a national record in the 400m relay count for anything (even if not from Silsbee)?  Jasper was the first high school team to run under 40 seconds  at 39.9 hand-held and was the record holder from 1991 to 1997 when a Dallas team ran faster.  So they were not just the best that year.  They were the best ever from inception of high school track until 1997.

Guest ST4life

Your right ST4Life.............You have one Championship and HJ has 3!!!!!!!

But how many #1 national rankings do you have........uummmm none  :D

Plus Mark Henry won state 2 times not just 1........ ;D

Also we have won state more than 2 times in other athletic sports..........

Guest ST4life

Does setting a national record in the 400m relay count for anything (even if not from Silsbee)?  Jasper was the first high school team to run under 40 seconds  at 39.9 hand-held and was the record holder from 1991 to 1997 when a Dallas team ran faster.  So they were not just the best that year.  They were the best ever from inception of high school track until 1997.

Silsbee also had a guy who ran track that set a national record but I forgot what event it was and his name but AAW should know...........I think he also ran in the Olympics.........

Guest nostradamus

I know we are trying to get back on topic but, I saw these guys run at WB one time and it is still, to this day, one of the more impressive athletic performances I have ever seen.

Hey aggie do you remember detris spearman (bad spelling)  that kid from silsbee had some talent.  I know he was not the bright spot in tiger history,  but wasnt he the leading rusher in 4A (state) as a junior and won 3 power lifting state championships before getting removed from the team his senior year.  Correct me if Im wrong it has been a while.

Guest stevenash

Hey aggie do you remember detris spearman (bad spelling)  that kid from silsbee had some talent.  I know he was not the bright spot in tiger history,  but wasnt he the leading rusher in 4A (state) as a junior and won 3 power lifting state championships before getting removed from the team his senior year.  Correct me if Im wrong it has been a while.

I remember a football player named James Hunter who went on to play for the Lions.

This is correct. Great athlete, not so great person.

I remember a football player named James Hunter who went on to play for the Lions.

Hunter was an exceptional athlete. Not just a good football player, All-American in college and All Pro in the NFL, but James was a very good basketball player as well. He was a very important part of the Tiger team who went to the state tourney in 1972. Tigers lost to state champion Odessa Ector in the semis. Hunter was also a fine trackster as well.

Silsbee also had a guy who ran track that set a national record but I forgot what event it was and his name but AAW should know...........I think he also ran in the Olympics.........

Was it Tony Allen?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833