Most Ridiculous Court Ruling Over Coach Participation in Team Prayer

Prayer is a form of communication with whom ever your God is. It's meant for you and him, no one else. You can pray to God just standing at work. I pray while I'm working. That's what he tells you to do. Go to your private place and pray. When people pray in groups it should be when everyone is on the same accord. If anyone is offended it should not be resumed. God wants no one to be offended. He was totally aware of this mess from the beginning.

This country in prints "In God we trust" on all of it's currency. The acknowledgment of God has been from the beginning. He'll be God re guardless. The coach could just close his eyes as the team prays, same thing. God will acknowledge him. GOD BLESS

I think you hit the nail on the head.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It still amazes me that our forefathers were so insightful and knew the importance of church and state.  I am wholeheartedly a Christian (and a Democrat), but separating the two was vital because I think that it was meant to deter what was happening in England/Europe and Catholicism.  I don't like it that this coach cannot pray with his team, but I also agree with the post concerning how many might feel if the Muslim faith was involved.  I have always said that I don't have to be in church for God to hear me... I pray in many places (including driving in my car because I spend so much time in my car and it's just me and God!) 

The problem with allowing religion to govern our laws is that ultimately, there will be issues with the varying religions and which ones should be followed or used as a basis of something like prayer.  What if the majority of the kids were Catholic and recited the rosary?  You would probably have at least one kid whose parents would be at the school complaining that the rosary was being recited and their child is a Baptist or is Lutheran or whatever religion that child and his family is.

That being said, I have thought about trying to start a movement of sorts where perhaps a small group of parents/fans begin reciting the Lord's Prayer from the stands before games (the moment of silence) and see how it would go.  ;D

Guest ECBucFan

You are absolutely correct - but - little or no regard is given to the US Constitution now days.

Here is the root of the whole mess. Liberal activist judges have perverted the Law of the land.  >:(

It still amazes me that our forefathers were so insightful and knew the importance of church and state.  I am wholeheartedly a Christian (and a Democrat), but separating the two was vital because I think that it was meant to deter what was happening in England/Europe and Catholicism.  I don't like it that this coach cannot pray with his team, but I also agree with the post concerning how many might feel if the Muslim faith was involved.  I have always said that I don't have to be in church for God to hear me... I pray in many places (including driving in my car because I spend so much time in my car and it's just me and God!) 

The problem with allowing religion to govern our laws is that ultimately, there will be issues with the varying religions and which ones should be followed or used as a basis of something like prayer.  What if the majority of the kids were Catholic and recited the rosary?  You would probably have at least one kid whose parents would be at the school complaining that the rosary was being recited and their child is a Baptist or is Lutheran or whatever religion that child and his family is.

That being said, I have thought about trying to start a movement of sorts where perhaps a small group of parents/fans begin reciting the Lord's Prayer from the stands before games (the moment of silence) and see how it would go.    ;D

I like the idea of the lords prayer being recited from the stands before the game during the moment of silence. I think the fans and probably the students would like it also. But I'm sure some would balk at it and then the authorities would stop it. I wish that the supreme court could be overruled on their judgment about school prayers. Instead the majority of Americans cannot pray publicly even though we out number the ones who don't like it.

Prayer is a form of communication with whom ever your God is. It's meant for you and him, no one else. You can pray to God just standing at work. I pray while I'm working. That's what he tells you to do. Go to your private place and pray. When people pray in groups it should be when everyone is on the same accord. If anyone is offended it should not be resumed. God wants no one to be offended. He was totally aware of this mess from the beginning.

This country in prints "In God we trust" on all of it's currency. The acknowledgment of God has been from the beginning. He'll be God re guardless. The coach could just close his eyes as the team prays, same thing. God will acknowledge him. GOD BLESS

According to your reasoning, the students should not pray either for fear of offending someone.

Our God is a jealous God and I don't think he objects to offending others in His name.

True, the laws of this land are not in alignment with His but this country was founded based on Christian values, but we're slipping away from those principles.

That being said, I have thought about trying to start a movement of sorts where perhaps a small group of parents/fans begin reciting the Lord's Prayer from the stands before games (the moment of silence) and see how it would go.    ;D

I like the idea of the lords prayer being recited from the stands before the game during the moment of silence. I think the fans and probably the students would like it also. But I'm sure some would balk at it and then the authorities would stop it. I wish that the supreme court could be overruled on their judgment about school prayers. Instead the majority of Americans cannot pray publicly even though we out number the ones who don't like it.

Great idea

Here's the problem....

1. Supreme Court Justices should not be appointed for lifelong terms.

2. We had Bible class in my high school years with no problems whatsoever....what is so different today?

3. This country is majority Christian, which in a Democracy...rules. If a Christian prayer is led, and you don't want to participate....don't! No one is forcing their religion upon you.

4. The Lord's Prayer is so universal in it's wording, that I see no reason for it to offend anyone of religious faith. We are pacifying the atheists only, and who cares about them.

5. Christians have sat back let this happen to themselves and watched it progress to what it is today. We are so afraid of offending someone else, that we forget about our rights. Remember, there is no such thing as being fair. To be fair to one side, you must be unfair to the another.

6. I believe the interpretation of separation of church and state has been skewed.

7. Lastly, why does the negative side seem to carry more weight than the majority?

Here's the problem....

2. We had Bible class in my high school years with no problems whatsoever....what is so different today?

3. This country is majority Christian, which in a Democracy...rules. If a Christian prayer is led, and you don't want to participate....don't! No one is forcing their religion upon you.

4. The Lord's Prayer is so universal in it's wording, that I see no reason for it to offend anyone of religious faith. We are pacifying the atheists only, and who cares about them.

5. Christians have sat back let this happen to themselves and watched it progress to what it is today. We are so afraid of offending someone else, that we forget about our rights. Remember, there is no such thing as being fair. To be fair to one side, you must be unfair to the another.

6. I believe the interpretation of separation of church and state has been skewed.

7. Lastly, why does the negative side seem to carry more weight than the majority?

Thank you

IMHO  those who are offended by public prayer, should also be offended to use our currency, as it has the word "God" on it.  Maybe I can start bartering with those I trade with who are offended by prayer and God.  I'd hate to upset anyone or infringe on someone's rights.  ::)

I remember in elementary school (McLewis Elementary), there was a Jehovah's Witness family who would step outside of the room when the Pledge of Allegiance was recited.  They just didn't participate in it.  I don't know that that is the answer, but I don't know what the answer is.  I understand the separation of church and state and I believe that you really have to be careful with it because at what point does one particular religion dominate the others (which could ultimately lead to the exact situation that our forefathers fled to America from in the first place).  All of these different religions are based on different interpretations of the Bible and I think that it would be virtually impossible to come to one consensus.

I think that the coach should be able to pray with his team, even if it means in the fieldhouse away from all of the eyes.  Should you have to "hide" your belief in God? I don't believe it's right, but I do understand why some rulings are made.  I believe that if the members of a team or any group wishing to participate in prayer should be able to.  I'll tell you that me, personally, will pray when and where I want to pray and hopefully without offending anyone.  I do care about atheist and I do respect their right to not believe in my God. 

Atheists have the right not to believe in any God, that is not what I meant. Since they don't believe in any God and can exclaim it at any point without concern of offending me, then why don't I have the same right to pursue my beliefs without worrying about offending them?

What we have here is a decay of the moral fabric of this country.

Here's the problem....

Yeah. Let's get completely different rulings every 4 years. The lifetime terms keep as much politics as possible out of it. If you think that you don't like rulings now, wait till the change them out with no consistency.

The legal rulings caught up with the Constitution.

Democracy does not rule in this country and it was never intended to. It is a constitutional republic. If it was a democracy alone then majority would always rules. That means no rights at all... since they could simply be voted out by the majority. I guess blacks with only 12% of this country's population would be out of luck if the rest of us decide that they no longer have rights. 

It might be universal in the Christian religions. I guess the Jews, Muslims and others are just out of luck.

Actually it appears as though you don't want anyone to have rights except Christians.

I do too.

They don't carry more weight. They simply have the law on their side for their grievances. I don't like the complaints either but I don't have to agree with the law. 

Guest ECBucFan

Here's the problem....

YOU ARE CORRECT X7 , BADDOG. I STAND WITH YOU 100%.  :)

Thanks Buc. I know not everybody is going to agree with my opinions, and that's cool. I just have to say what I believe in. I am so sick and tired of worrying about whether or not I offend someone, that I actually see if I can get under someone's skin just to even things out.

TVC, how can we ever expect a reversal on Roe vs. Wade if the SOBs won't die? It doesn't have to be every 4 years. That is your time frame. Ten would be fine with me.

I think the Lord's Prayer can be used for Muslims and Buddhists. God takes on different names, but they are still worshiping a Supreme being. It may be awkward, but it could work. Still, why should it offend? if seeing someone pray offends, then just turn one's head. Kinda like changing the channel on your TV.

Your last one kills me. Why should any law benefit grieving minority religions and non-believers?

I'm just thinking out loud here.....Go to a Muslim country...tell them that their worshipping Allah in public offends you...see what happens to ya.

Your remains will come back to the states either in A) in pieces in a shoebox or B) in a vase as ashes.

My opinion is we all have the right to worship our GOD  when/where/how we choose.  If it offends someone...TDB!!!  >:(

I think the Lord's Prayer can be used for Muslims and Buddhists. God takes on different names, but they are still worshiping a Supreme being. It may be awkward, but it could work. Still, why should it offend? if seeing someone pray offends, then just turn one's head. Kinda like changing the channel on your TV.

Your last one kills me. Why should any law benefit grieving minority religions and non-believers?

Offending someone has nothing to do with the laws. You can offend someone to your heart's content or at least if you do so without making threats or use fighting words.

You also have the right to pray when and where you please.....  kind of.

The last one that kills you is interesting. You are making the argument based on the Constitution yet you can't believe that laws you benefit a minority. That is the reason we are not a democracy but have a constitution that a democracy cannot override or at least not without amending the Constitution.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476