21-3A MVP

Bobcat1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ST4life

It looks to me like last year was a pretty tough year and this year looks like Madison, Argyle, Estacado and Brownfield would be truly difficult to get a win over in the championship game.

How was 2007?

2007 was weak......

The Silsbee vs. HJ game decided on who was going to win state that year.....

In 2008.....

It did not matter if HJ would have beat Silsbee either way Kennedale had the stronger team.....

This year It looks to be the same as 2008 with Silsbee going to state but playing some very good teams...

2007 was weak......

Unbelievable!  You really are trying to downplay a state championship.  Funny, had Silsbee won that year and been fortunate enough to win it all then I GUARANTEE we'd be hearing none of this talk. 

IF, and that is a BIG IF, you had ANY credibility you have officially lost all now. 

Guest ST4life

2007 was weak......

Unbelievable!  You really are trying to downplay a state championship.  Funny, had Silsbee won that year and been fortunate enough to win it all then I GUARANTEE we'd be hearing none of this talk. 

IF, and that is a BIG IF, you had ANY credibility you have officially lost all now. 

::) It’s all good because you lost your credibility a long time ago....... ;D

My real opinion:  Any state champion in Texas accomplished something major.  You only have a few years to do it in and you're up against some of the best in the country.  A state championship is huge.  Many great teams never get one.

About the 21-3A MVP:  Let this year alone decide the winner.  Don't let the last two years have anything to do with it.  Two of the best perennial powerhouses in the state in one district.  

Guest stevenash

2007 was weak......

Ultimate hypocrisy

2007 was weak......

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

My cred is very good on here.........ask anyone.  Yours leaves a bit to be desired!!!!!!

2007 was weak......

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

My cred is very good on here.........ask anyone.  Yours leaves a bit to be desired!!!!!!

True dat! But Bernard is the best player in the district. Even if he's not hitting three's, he still makes up for it by taking it to the basket, drawing fouls, and shooting free throws.

why does everyone look at points alone to determine MVP.  When Jordan was winning MVP's he had the highest ppg avg but he was also a great defender.  Thats why I say Turner is the MVP.  Even when he isnt the top scorer or is just having a bad night shooting (it happens to everyone now and then) he still impacts the game with his defensive pressure.  MVP's in high schools should not be like allstar voting in the pros (well he made it last year so lets give it to him this year).  The District MVP should be determined by who is playing the best basketball and not who scores the most PPG.  Its just my opinion but I dont think Robinson of Silsbee is not a great defender; BUT I would take him on my team any day.

why does everyone look at points alone to determine MVP.  When Jordan was winning MVP's he had the highest ppg avg but he was also a great defender.  Thats why I say Turner is the MVP.  Even when he isnt the top scorer or is just having a bad night shooting (it happens to everyone now and then) he still impacts the game with his defensive pressure.  MVP's in high schools should not be like allstar voting in the pros (well he made it last year so lets give it to him this year).  The District MVP should be determined by who is playing the best basketball and not who scores the most PPG.  Its just my opinion but I dont think Robinson of Silsbee is not a great defender; BUT I would take him on my team any day.

You have got to be smoking something. Robinson is more than just scoring. He's a team player that get his team involve every part of the game offense and defense. He set up his team to score points. He does a great job playing defense too. Don't ever question his defense or his playing for that matter. Hayes is a good player and everything and he does plays tough when I seen him play. But I believe that having a player with good attitude on and off court. Being the team leader and helping his fellow teammates in every aspect of the game have to do with being a MVP. Benard and Robinson both have a shot at MVP. But no matter what Robinson is still MVP in my opinion. It might sound like a homer pick but be realistic. We won district. He took his team to only one district lost. He what everyone say that they want to build there team around.

You won district or you are district CO- champs?  I never said Robinson wasn't good but all anyone ever talks about is how many points he scores.  You nave a much more valid point when you talk about a persons total package and not just one aspect of the game.  I was not trying to come that he wasn't a good defender but all anyone ever talks about is how many points he scores.  I have only seen him play a hand full of games and I was using Turner defense plus his ability to finish to voice my opinion.  I agree with you that Shannon is a more natural scorer than Turner but I was just saying I thought he was HJ's best player this year.

You won district or you are district CO- champs?  I never said Robinson wasn't good but all anyone ever talks about is how many points he scores.  You nave a much more valid point when you talk about a persons total package and not just one aspect of the game.  I was not trying to come that he wasn't a good defender but all anyone ever talks about is how many points he scores.  I have only seen him play a hand full of games and I was using Turner defense plus his ability to finish to voice my opinion.  I agree with you that Shannon is a more natural scorer than Turner but I was just saying I thought he was HJ's best player this year.

I never said that. You are misquoting what I am saying.

That is why everyone can based their own opinion on this site because it free. I'm not against you from thinking Benard better than Turner or Turner better than Benard. I would say that they play have thier own way of playing the game that make them stand out a lot more than the other player. In this case, turner defense stand out more than Benard and benard offense stand out more than the turners.

You have got to be smoking something. Robinson is more than just scoring. He's a team player that get his team involve every part of the game offense and defense. He set up his team to score points. He does a great job playing defense too. Don't ever question his defense or his playing for that matter. Hayes is a good player and everything and he does plays tough when I seen him play. But I believe that having a player with good attitude on and off court. Being the team leader and helping his fellow teammates in every aspect of the game have to do with being a MVP. Benard and Robinson both have a shot at MVP. But no matter what Robinson is still MVP in my opinion. It might sound like a homer pick but be realistic. We won district. He took his team to only one district lost. He what everyone say that they want to build there team around.

Just to let you know . . . Silsbee didn't win district. HJ and Silsbee are Co-District Champs, so they both won district. The third game was played to see who would have the first seed in the playoffs.

Just to let you know . . . Silsbee didn't win district. HJ and Silsbee are Co-District Champs, so they both won district. The third game was played to see who would have the first seed in the playoffs.

I was being cocky when I said that. I know they are co-district champ like the year past too. This year Silsbee beat them in the third game to determine who will go as first seed and second seed.  I know all about that man.  ;D ;D

I was being cocky when I said that. I know they are co-district champ like the year past too. This year Silsbee beat them in the third game to determine who will go as first seed and second seed.  I know all about that man.  ;D ;D

Everybody likes to get cocky sometimes!!!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed