Orangefield vs Navasota...

Bobkat

Guest tigersvoice

Man I really hope we put it on this team Friday.  8)

Go out and put the Nike on them.  JUST DO IT!!

Or in the words of the U S Army - Be All You Can Be.  Wishing the Lady Bobcats safe travel and good fortune in all of your play-off games.

You know, you Orangefield fans seem to think that Navasota was the one that cheated you guys last year. If I recall correctly, it was an official that let you guys down, not the Lady Rattler team. To me, Navasota has not done anything to warrant such bad feelings from Orangefield towards them. The Lady Rattlers did nothing wrong, they played hard like the Lady Bobcats did.

I just hope that Orangefield fans frustrations from last year's game is not directed at the Navasota team. That would be wrong.

You know, you Orangefield fans seem to think that Navasota was the one that cheated you guys last year. If I recall correctly, it was an official that let you guys down, not the Lady Rattler team. To me, Navasota has not done anything to warrant such bad feelings from Orangefield towards them. The Lady Rattlers did nothing wrong, they played hard like the Lady Bobcats did.

I just hope that Orangefield fans frustrations from last year's game is not directed at the Navasota team. That would be wrong.

You are correct AAW. And actually as I was reading back over the thread I realized that it probably came across in my post I blame the team for what happened to us last year. It's just that whenever you mention the word Navasota around OF over the last year that feeling we felt at the end of that game comes up for most of us. You are right, it isn't fair to the Lady Rattlers. But since it's playoff time, I hope we "put it on" every team we play from here on out.  ;D It's time to kick it up a notch

Should be a great game Friday at Kingwood Park.  Navasota is nowhere near the team they were last year...having graduated 7 seniors.  They have had a good year , however, winning some games they weren't supposed to. They are 29-7 and were 9-3 and tied Taylor for 2nd place in District 24-AAA.  Orangefield looks like they are as strong..if not better than last year.  Good, smart guards...a strong post player.  They play well together and, as always, are well coached.  I think it will be a good , clean game Friday. 

It is kinda a guilty by association. Navasota was the team on the court so of course OF fans will remember which team it was. They are smart enough to realize it was the refs but every sports fan remembers the team no matter the situation. I would guess Navasota remembers it as the game they caught a lil luck from the OF Lady Bobcats.

If remembering it was Navasota pumps of the Lady Cats a little more then so be it!

First I wish the Lady Bobcats much success come friday night and every game they play the rest of this year unless they play HJ again I'll jump off the bandwagon with respect. If the ladies play defense the way they have played agaist HJ and the intensity they will be very successful. I agree with OLGabe as long as they can remember they will associate Navasota with the game. I agree use that memory to fire the girls up and go take care of business and shake their hands after they get the victory and help heal some old wounds in Orangefield.

First I wish the Lady Bobcats much success come friday night and every game they play the rest of this year unless they play HJ again I'll jump off the bandwagon with respect. If the ladies play defense the way they have played agaist HJ and the intensity they will be very successful. I agree with OLGabe as long as they can remember they will associate Navasota with the game. I agree use that memory to fire the girls up and go take care of business and shake their hands after they get the victory and help heal some old wounds in Orangefield.

Sounds like those wounds are still wide open in most cases.

OF set for rematch vs Navasota

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

ORANGEFIELD — The No. 9 Orangefield Lady Bobcats do not have long to celebrate being the No. 1 seed out of District 21-3A.

The Lady Bobcats (24-5) will face Navasota at 7 p.m. Friday at Kingwood Park.

And this time the officials will be of the neutral variety.

Navasota ended Orangefield’s year a season ago on a controversial call made by an official from Navasota’s branch.

Orangefield graduate Kaylin Little was fouled behind the three-point line and calmly sank all three shots to give the Lady Bobcats a 62-61 lead after trailing by as many as 17 at one point.

There was no time on the clock and the Lady Bobcats bench celebrated after Orangefield grabbed a lead.

Navasota only hit one-of-two technical free throws which was called by an official from Navasota’s chapter of referees.

Navasota would go on to outscore the Lady Bobcats 14-7 in the overtime period and win 76-69.

“We basically had stolen the game with our defense and our heart,†Orangefield Coach Chris Jost said after the game. “After Kay-K had hit the free throws the girls jumped up to celebrate. One referee turned to me and said to get them off the court and gave me a warning. The girls did sit back down but he turned back around and called for the technical.â€

So this time the Lady Bobcats hope for a different outcome and teh opportunity to win or lose on their own.

Orangefield grabbed the No. 1 seed after Friday’s thrilling 31-28 defeat of the No. 18 Hardin-Jefferson Lady Hawks.

The two teams finished tied with identical 9-1 records in the district standings, both teams won on the opponents home court.

This is the hidden content, please

No.  Bi-district tomorrow, Area Friday.

Thanks Bobcat05. I still have my head in the boys clouds. You are right, tomorrow is bidistrict for the girls. My bad.

Go back to the boy's forum, geez.  :D

Yeah, the scenery is not that great over there but the basketball IQ is higher. ;) ;D

This is the hidden content, please

No.  Bi-district tomorrow, Area Friday.

Thanks Bobcat05. I still have my head in the boys clouds. You are right, tomorrow is bidistrict for the girls. My bad.

Go back to the boy's forum, geez.  :D

Yeah, the scenery is not that great over there but the basketball IQ is higher. ;) ;D

I have no knowledge in my body right now. I just looked at the UT game and counted they were only down 8  :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami