Hardin-Jefferson/Orangefield Updates!!/ OF WINS!! 31-28!!

Bobcat1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigersvoice

for such a low scoring game, it sounds like it would've been a good one to watch.

Well, it certainly was not an offensive showcase.  But you are correct - some very good basketball was played.  This match-up had 3 of the most senior officials out of the Beaumont chapter calling the game and it was well done.  A couple of yells and controversies from each side as it went along but it was called fairly through out.  I like the fact that the more senior officials know that a shot CAN BE BLOCKED without calling a foul.  Several good "No Calls."  Hope Ashton Wagner of Orangefield has no lasting effect from the cut over her eye.  She's a Freshman and she is a gamer.  Once the bleeding was stopped and she was patched up, she re-entered the game.  That's gutsy, Girl!  Here's wishing both teams well as they head into the play-offs.

Freshman Ashton Wagner is getting stitches for the gash in her eye, she went back in the game and finished!  

She gets the Heart Award for this game.

Orangefield

O. Wagner-8pts

Beach-5

Weldon-5

Scales-4

Juneau-4

A. Wagner-3

Taylor-2

Hardin-Jefferson

Moore-15pts

Fontenot-8

Sutherland-3

#44?- 2

There were a lot of blocked shots for both teams!! I'd say Fontenot had a LOT for HJ, Scales had a few for Orangefield and Ashton Wagner with only one good eye ;) had a HUGE block on Moore at the end of the game. 

Tigervoice thank you for your kind words, I think of Ashton and Olivia as my sisters I have coached both of them in Little Dribblers and are very close to their family.

Ashton is at St. E's right now getting looked at, her sister Olivia had the SAME thing happen to her in the SAME spot her freshman year, they butterflied it and she finished the game!  :D Olivia also broke her arm her freshman year and finished the game with five 3's ;D

They are VERY tough girls!

Watching these two teams and covering these two teams makes my job so freaking easy its not funny. Coach Sims needs to move Sour Lake into Orange County so I can cover them even more.

Fontenot for HJ is such a force. I have been impressed with her all 3 games. Moore is so freaking fast. I know I would laugh if a coach told me to keep up with her all game.

Ashton is a gamer and she proved that tonight. Keep an eye (sorry Ashton) on Kacy Juneau. Kacy is not scared of anything on the court and she is going to grow into a great player for OF. I wish I could talk about every player on every team but I'm going to stop for now.

Both schools should be proud of these two teams. Both teams play the game the right way, know the rules and have such respect for each other. It shows. I remember Fontenot tapping Aimee on a foul to say "sorry about that" or something of that nature. If that happened at the pro level, we wouldn't have the problems we have these days.

Good luck H-J and OF - I need a long playoff run. Do you know how long it's been since I been to Austin???

Congrats OF. Again you played more consistant and were the better team tonight.

As for my Hawks, lets find out whats wrong with our heads and fix it. This is 11 of the past 12 quarters the Hawks have played (HF 4th Quarter was typical HJ basketball) that I didn't recognize this team. Absolutely no where near our best play or even our average play. The problem may be several girls being sick which is understandable, but you still have to play smart, sound and intelligent basketball or quality teams like OF will take advantage of it everytime. Now, I don't want OF fans to think I'm downplaying their effort tonight. You did what it took to win the game and that's what it's all about. I've just seen HJ play 25 games this year against several quality teams and the past 3 games have not been a good representation of just how good HJ can play. The good part of all this is we haven't played a playoff game yet so we have time to clear our heads and turn this thing around. The officials tonight were very consistant, allowed the girls to play but kept things in check. You couldn't have asked for anything more. Again, congrats to OF.

Watching these two teams and covering these two teams makes my job so freaking easy its not funny. Coach Sims needs to move Sour Lake into Orange County so I can cover them even more.

Fontenot for HJ is such a force. I have been impressed with her all 3 games. Moore is so freaking fast. I know I would laugh if a coach told me to keep up with her all game.

Ashton is a gamer and she proved that tonight. Keep an eye (sorry Ashton) on Kacy Juneau. Kacy is not scared of anything on the court and she is going to grow into a great player for OF. I wish I could talk about every player on every team but I'm going to stop for now.

Both schools should be proud of these two teams. Both teams play the game the right way, know the rules and have such respect for each other. It shows. I remember Fontenot tapping Aimee on a foul to say "sorry about that" or something of that nature. If that happened at the pro level, we wouldn't have the problems we have these days.

Good luck H-J and OF - I need a long playoff run. Do you know how long it's been since I been to Austin???

I saw that too, very very proud to see that.  

WOW can you say defense!!  Both teams half court defenses were very good tonight.  I talked to Moore and Fontenot after the game.  Both are very fine young ladies.  Best of luck in the playoffs Lady Hawks.  I'm going to try my best to make it to Woodville on Tuesday.

I overheard some of the Coldspring players saying after the game tonight that they are going to put it on HJ.  Show'em what 21-3A is all about Lady Hawks.  Good Luck!!

WOW can you say defense!!  Both teams half court defenses were very good tonight.  I talked to Moore and Fontenot after the game.  Both are very fine young ladies.  Best of luck in the playoffs Lady Hawks.  I'm going to try my best to make it to Woodville on Tuesday.

I overheard some of the Coldspring players saying after the game tonight that they are going to put it on HJ.  Show'em what 21-3A is all about Lady Hawks.  Good Luck!!

Sorry to say but doesn't 21-3A always seem to beat Coldspring in the bi district round in every sport??

Wow what a great game, congrats to Orangfield they worked their butts off tonight, both teams did. I hope the the young lady that took the spill is OK she is a true gamer. Great defense on both sides. Good luck to OF in the playoffs Hopefully we will play again this year.

And don't worry OLGABE we will have something special for coldsprings, They haven't played a defense like either of us have. ;D

Great game by two great teams!

Refs were awesome.... it was refreshing to have a game where the officials were not part of the outcome.  They did an OUTSTANDING job.

Both teams will need to find more consistency on offense in order to go far in the playoffs.  Defense was good, but alot of missed easy shots on both sides.

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE HAD NO WINNERS OR LOSERS LAST NIGHT.  WHAT WE DID HAVE WAS TWO COMMUNITIES WHO SHOULD BE PROUD OF THE WAY THEIR YOUNG PEOPLE CONDUCTED THEMSELVES.  BOTH COMMUNITIES SHOULD ALSO CONSIDER HOW FORTUNATE THEY ARE TO HAVE THE COACHING STAFFS THEY HAVE.

I WISH BOTH TEAMS THE BEST IN THE PLAY-OFFS THIS YEAR.  YOUR OPPONENTS OBVIOUSLY RESPECT YOU AS WITNESSED BY THEIR PRESENCE LAST NIGHT.  MY WISH FOR YOU IS THAT BOTH TEAMS TEAMS MEET ONE MORE TIME THIS YEAR-IN THE REGIONAL FINALS

GOD BLESS

OLDREF

Guest tigersvoice

Blood on the court!!

Time out...

Hey 'Cat' - congratulations on the win last night.  That Scales girl played some great defense.

Ashton should be ALL colors around that eye this morning.  Good that the Bobcats have the bye giving her a little more time to

heal.  Please let me know how many stitches it takes to close the gash and how she is doing in general.  Wishing you Cats safe travel and good fortune in the play-offs.  tigersvoice

Great game by two great teams!

Refs were awesome.... it was refreshing to have a game where the officials were not part of the outcome.  They did an OUTSTANDING job.

Both teams will need to find more consistency on offense in order to go far in the playoffs.  Defense was good, but alot of missed easy shots on both sides.

agreed!!! no one can walk away from this game saying "my team is better than yours".. it could have easily gone either way.  Neither team showed any strengths to the scouts at the game.  If coldsprings thinks they have a game plan for HJ they are going to be shocked.  After some of the comments I heard last night I may make that trip to woodville also. 

Good luck HJ..I will be pulling for you unless you line up against my Lady Cats again :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax