Kirbyville Baseball

Word on the street is Aaron Hazlewood is returning to the diamond for the Cats!  The year they made the 3A playoffs he was their leadoff hitter .400 and starting catching.  This could make the Cats tougher to deal with in their drop down to 2A.  Hazlewood leading off with Musgrove batting 3 hole???  What's the word in their district?

INteresting to note that some players have gone to outside coaching and instructions.  This after 3 or 4 players were disciplined for this very same thing last year.  Don't get me wrong, I think it is a good thing as long as the instructor has a proven record.  I wouldn't want our young Cats to be getting help from an old, drunk uncle.

• 2 weeks later...

INteresting to note that some players have gone to outside coaching and instructions.  This after 3 or 4 players were disciplined for this very same thing last year.  Don't get me wrong, I think it is a good thing as long as the instructor has a proven record.  I wouldn't want our young Cats to be getting help from an old, drunk uncle.

Musgrove doesn't go to an outside coach.  He let's his coaches coach him.  It's called trusting the system. 

There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with using outside help!  Most coaches only take so much time on certain things (batting, pitching), and to go on your own time and have someone help only betters you and your team.

I agree, but only to the point that the "outside" coach doesn't go against his high school coach's teachings.  Correct?  If that's the case, then I'm all for it!

Musgrove doesn't go to an outside coach.  He let's his coaches coach him.  It's called trusting the system. 

the system doesnt always work for all kids .. Musgrove would be great on any team no matter who the coach was he is a natural

the system doesnt always work for all kids .. Musgrove would be great on any team no matter who the coach was he is a natural

Depends on who the coach was.  Ol' chinese proverb.. "Many a coach can screw up even the most naturalist of players."

You're right though about the system.  That's probably why the past couple of teams at Kirbyville haven't been very productive.  Kids not working by the system.  Too many outside interferences.  The kids this year seem to be trusting the system pretty well.  I would say they have all "bought in" to what's going on.  I've watched them a couple of times this year.  It's a different team... they actually act like a T - E - A - M.  That's refreshing to see.  Don't see any egos out there in the couple of games I've seen. 

I think a main reason for the success is this is finally a group of kids that have had good coaching from freshman year up.  KV Coach came in to a system that had less than

stellar coaching for a couple of years.  No batting practice to speak of at the varsity level, and none for the freshman and JV.  These kids have practiced with the varsity at hitting, throwing, fielding, every aspect of the game.  Good luck to the Cats and Coach Lane.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder