**HJ vs. Silsbee Broadcast And Updates/Silsbee Wins!!!!!!!!**

i don't see either team being as competitive next year.  they'll both be good, but unless they both have some players come up out of nowhere, i don't really expect a state run from either.  of course, these are two programs you can never count out until the last whistle of the season.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe they have 1 but usually start 5 juniors.  it will be hard for the tigers to replace those they lose among those an all stater.  They do have Hill,  6'6" Thomas who starts at times 2  sophomore starters in Stallworth and Lane plus another sophomore Harris that can play.  they have 6'6" Barnes who should be coming up soon as well as some shooters on the JV so they should be more than competitive.  They will sorely miss Robinson's playmaking,  Byar's shooting and the all around play and leadership of Walters.

Cleveland is the higher ranked team this year.  This is because they beat the Tigers.  They beat us when we weren't playing well.  They will be tough but I believe the Tigers can handle them.

theres no doubt in my mind HJ and Silsbee could take cleveland....

you've seen cleveland play?

in all fairness silsbee easily handled HJ cuz we had a terrible night shootin and couldnt get shots to fall consistently all nightt... it wouldve been completely different had we got our shot goin and if jacoby and jarvis couldve stayed out of foul troublee.. even with all that trouble we only lost by 10... i think if more ppl would know this then they would be giving us more of a chance..

in all fairness silsbee easily handled HJ cuz we had a terrible night shootin and couldnt get shots to fall consistently all nightt... it wouldve been completely different had we got our shot goin and if jacoby and jarvis couldve stayed out of foul troublee.. even with all that trouble we only lost by 10... i think if more ppl would know this then they would be giving us more of a chance..

That's all well and good. But did you ever think that the reason the Hawks shots weren't falling was because of the defense that the Tigers were putting on them? Silsbee contested just about every shot that HJ put up. They either had a hand in the face, blocked or altered 90% of HJ's shot attempts. Silsbee's on-ball defense was the reason for the Hawks poor shooting.

That's all well and good. But did you ever think that the reason the Hawks shots weren't falling was because of the defense that the Tigers were putting on them? Silsbee contested just about every shot that HJ put up. They either had a hand in the face, blocked or altered 90% of HJ's shot attempts. Silsbee's on-ball defense was the reason for the Hawks poor shooting.

;)

No doubt about it AAW, they contested more shots than we normally see in a game, we knew that was going to happen, but what I think what he is trying to say was even contested shots we still get more to fall than we did. Overall great game by the Tigers and not so great by the hawks, but we will rebound (pun intended...lol) Silsbee played a lot better than some of the other games I've seen them play this year so hats off to them, they stepped up when needed. We did not.

The Hecklers were amazing...Keep it up guys and gals. The atmosphere in the gym was electric, I love games like that one.

it was a great game but hj did have an off night.....in the first half i counted they missed 8 out of 10 free throws that would have put us back in the game.....so all this nonsince about silsbee "handling" hj jus needs to stop. and im not so much worried about cleveland and we will beat silsbee when it counts in huntsville

it was a great game but hj did have an off night.....in the first half i counted they missed 8 out of 10 free throws that would have put us back in the game.....so all this nonsince about silsbee "handling" hj jus needs to stop. and im not so much worried about cleveland and we will beat silsbee when it counts in huntsville

Lets just wait and see if both teams make it to Huntsville..There is still alot of basketball to be played

Some HJ fans just do not get it!!!! ::) ::) ::)

exactly... HJ has a very good team, but a few HJ fans want to attribute this loss to an off-night and foul trouble.  AAW, you took the words right out of my mouth.  Silsbee's tenacious defense caused the hawks' poor shooting, and their explosive offense cause the hawks to get into foul trouble.  Enough with the "if this", "if that".  If silsbee's team wasn't so dang good, HJ would've won.  How does that sound?  Now HJ is certainly good enough to hang with silsbee, and the way they cut that lead down at the end was proof.  But no more excuses or justifications.  Silsbee is the team to beat this year.

Some HJ fans just do not get it!!!! ::) ::) ::)

exactly... HJ has a very good team, but a few HJ fans want to attribute this loss to an off-night and foul trouble.  AAW, you took the words right out of my mouth.  Silsbee's tenacious defense caused the hawks' poor shooting, and their explosive offense cause the hawks to get into foul trouble.  Enough with the "if this", "if that".  If silsbee's team wasn't so dang good, HJ would've won.  How does that sound?  Now HJ is certainly good enough to hang with silsbee, and the way they cut that lead down at the end was proof.  But no more excuses or justifications.  Silsbee is the team to beat this year.

I couldn't agree with you more, bullets. I believe that HJ is very capable of beating Silsbee. But I strongly believe that if Silsbee plays their best, then HJ's best still will not be good enough to win.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder