Hey Indian fans...for what its worth..re: CRAIG STUMP STAYING AT WB!!

PNG1992

I never said I didn't want him. He is a great coach but you are making it out like every single person in PN-G only cares about Stump.

A majority of the posts on these threads are from people outside of PN-G with their own agendas begging for Stump.

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of you stating on the future talent at PNG being down, I wonder how you can judge future talent unless you have coached them?  To make the assumption that having one down year at PNG means that there is no talent in the future is nuts.  Not only did the Freshmen A & B teams have winning seasons so did the PNG JV.  These boys not only have talent, but the drive and determination to continue to win.  All they need is the right coach and staff to lead them in that direction. 

For all of you stating on the future talent at PNG being down, I wonder how you can judge future talent unless you have coached them?  To make the assumption that having one down year at PNG means that there is no talent in the future is nuts.  Not only did the Freshmen A & B teams have winning seasons so did the PNG JV.  These boys not only have talent, but the drive and determination to continue to win.  All they need is the right coach and staff to lead them in that direction. 

I understand all that, but I'm simply saying that I think if Stump don't chase the money it's because he thinks he has a better chance of doing something with what he has coming than with what PNG has coming.  I base this on the fact that I don't think he wants to be a high school coach for long and that he has a bigger picture than 10-15K if it means 100K down the road.  All I'm saying is it's a litmus test on what the area thinks PNG has coming up.  Stump may be wrong? If he doesn't accept... but I think it assures you that you have some special years coming if he does take the job... talent and a coach.  That's all I'm saying.  Don't think for a second that it's a good thing if Stump doesn't jump on board.

25, are you kidding???? Why would anyone want Stump???? Look at WB before he got there!  Then look at his Pedigree... guy has been somewhat of a winner over the years... I want a guy like that.

You cant tell me that WB has a better playoff history than PNG its just not close. We have had a few down years but we are in the process of repairing that. There are some good groups on there way through the next few seasons.

You're right, if you look at the total number of years each school has been in existance. PN-G has WAAAY more playoff games and wins just simply because the Indians have been around for nearly a century. However, if you look at playoff percentages in the 27 West Brook has existed, then West Brook has been alot more successful than PN-G. Not only in making the postseason, but winning in the postseason as well. BTW, just as a side note, PN-G is 0-8 lifetime against West Brook.

This doesn't mean much.  Remember, The former LC-M coach called plays for either Temple or Longview.  And you see what happened.  I would rather let an individual have on-the-job-training on other people's dime. IMHO.

I think Faircloth played at Brownwood in HS....Played baseball at Sam Houston Univ....Coached at Westlake/Highland Park and now is at OPermian...

My question on him is....Is he really the OC or does the Assoc Head Coach call the offense....Big difference in my opinion...I noticed the Assoc head Coach came in after he moved to Odessa Permian???.....I would need more assurance...

I know for a fact that Faircloth is the OC and calls the plays at Permian. He's been there since '06 and has called every play since that time. He called the offense in the THSCA All-Star game, and I've heard him speak at clinics before. An extremely sharp guy with a very creative offense. You can't deny the numbers Permian has put up since he's been there. He's definitely the best hire...you don't want to hire a guy who might retire in a year or two. You need a guy who will be here for years to come and build this program the right way.

You cant tell me that WB has a better playoff history than PNG its just not close. We have had a few down years but we are in the process of repairing that. There are some good groups on there way through the next few seasons.

You're right, if you look at the total number of years each school has been in existance. PN-G has WAAAY more playoff games and wins just simply because the Indians have been around for nearly a century. However, if you look at playoff percentages in the 27 West Brook has existed, then West Brook has been alot more successful than PN-G. Not only in making the postseason, but winning in the postseason as well. BTW, just as a side note, PN-G is 0-8 lifetime against West Brook.

They are 5a we are 4a that is to be expected. Come on guys PNG is a great program why all the attempts to discredit us I think WB is also.

They are 5a we are 4a that is to be expected. Come on guys PNG is a great program why all the attempts to discredit us I think WB is also.

I don't understand why there is so much "hate" toward PNG...seriously, I don't.  We're just trying to get the BEST coach for our program.......other schools would be doing the same. 

I don't understand why there is so much "hate" toward PNG...seriously, I don't.  We're just trying to get the BEST coach for our program.......other schools would be doing the same. 

Its not "hate", its a "reality check"

And the reality check for the L-train is they had only two good years, kiss them goodbye.

I guess you can see into the future.  Don't count us out yet......we will be back!!

Don't make me start complaining about all the hate for Lumberton............you might confuse me with another team......... ;D  ;D  ;D

BTW, just as a side note, PN-G is 0-8 lifetime against West Brook.

No disrespect to WB, but when you combine 3-4 avg. 4-A teams, to make 1 powerhouse MEGA school, WB should win every time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder