Who will win District ( LC-M, PNG NEDERLAND, OZEN, CENTRAL, WO-S)

who will win it all?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. who will win it all?

• LCM
    • NEDERLAND
    • PNG
    • OZEN
    • CENTRAL
    • WO-S

I think Ned is the team to beat...... however with the improvement of some area teams I dont think it will be a walk like some may think....   LCM can play, .   PnG always will be a threat and Central with alot of club players can put up an argument for the title.  My vote Nederville......   LcM ....  PnG only because Aries isnt singing the praises of Vidor ooops..... who I havent seen and just was pointed out.. is not in the district anymore........ . Central and Ozen fight for fourth due to lack of bench... west orange stark brings up the back end........

I think Ned is the team to beat...... however with the improvement of some area teams I dont think it will be a walk like previously thought.   LCM can play, Vidor will keep improving with their coach and Gway.   PnG always will be a threat and Central with alot of club players can put up an argument for the title.  My vote Nederville......   LcM ....  PnG only because Aries isnt singing the praises of Vidor who I havent seen. Central and Ozen fight for fourth due to lack of bench... west orange stark brings up the back end.

Vidor may improve but will not win THIS District.  ;D

I've watched both play and in my opinion i think LCM has the best chance of taking this district. With more of a scoring threat in the front and more well rounded offense, being able to both control AND play the long ball with the use of their athletes. They have good tempo and play good soccer. A few players that have a dirty streak but what team doesn't. LCM out front, nederland, then surprisingly i put ozen third. Criticize if you must but that's my top 3, for THIS district at least  ;)

I've watched both play and in my opinion i think LCM has the best chance of taking this district. With more of a scoring threat in the front and more well rounded offense, being able to both control AND play the long ball with the use of their athletes. They have good tempo and play good soccer. A few players that have a dirty streak but what team doesn't. LCM out front, nederland, then surprisingly i put ozen third. Criticize if you must but that's my top 3, for THIS district at least  ;)

While being able to "play" the long ball is a technique, it is not a district winning attack. It helps out in a rough spot but should never be a main part of any good team or coaches game plan. I have not seen LCM or Central play so i will not count either team out but the skill and ability of Nederland is very good and enough to take a district in our area. Although i will say that from what i hear the improvement of LCM is incredible and i would love to watch them play soccer. As for central, i have always rooted for them. I played club with a lot of there players and i think they are a good bunch of soccer players. Good luck to everyone, in this district and out. I just hope that any SETX team will make a deep playoff run this year and continue to improve.

Maybe I don't understand what you mean by "playing the long ball" but I think a team has to be able to occasionally play the ball from its midfield into the corners and let their forwards or outside mids run to it.  I agree you shouldn't just kick the ball down the field haphazardly but a long pass played over or thru the defense towards the corners can be very effective.  Obviously if the attacking team gets to the ball first they have a great scoring opportunity.  But even if the defense gets to the ball first, it can still be good for the attacking team because the defense now has to play the ball while under a lot of pressure from the attacking team which often leads to defensive mistakes which result in scoring opportunities for the attacking team.  Also, a benefit that is often overlooked is the shift in field position.  Just like in American football sometimes actual possession of the ball isn't as important as where the ball is located on the field.  Ball possession in soccer is a very fluid situation, especially in high school soccer.  So even though the defensive team may possess the ball initially after the long pass, the ball is now way down in their defensive end of the field and we've all seen even the best players lose possession by making a bad touch or a bad pass and just like that the attacking team has possession of the ball in great scoring position.  Anyway, just my two cents in defense of the soccer's much-maligned "long pass".

that is weird.  OCM  You are now saying that that style would create more opportunities and like it..   And that is exactly what Nederland is doing, Kelly does and any club team that we have seen who plays for the Kelly coach do.   Next thing, whether the kids are hustling and accomplishing this is to be seen.  They are still kids and not professionals.  The strategy works for the talent level these teams have.  Some of the kids playing in Houston would probably have a better chance of accomplishing this with the speed, and the talent that accumulates in one area.  I still believe the better coaches put their team together for what they have not for what the parents want.   Kids are put where needed, not where parents want.  If the coaches did not do this then they would not be in coaching positions.  I have to go with any coach and whatever their reasoning is for their decisions, whether they are correct or incorrect.

The long ball can and does create scoring opportunities.  However, if you play better skilled teams (read: North Texas), you will not prevail.  It is a joy to watch those triangles and excellent passes they do.  Yeah even the professionals use the long ball, but it wears out your players too much. 

Nederland does not play LONG ball.  They play a great style of soccer.  Yes you send a long ball in every once in a while .  Keeps the other team off beat a little.  Playing long ball on the small fields we play on is not a great game.  Also it may be successful but what are you teaching the players that may want to reach another level.....  either way a win is a win .. to some.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder