Hamshire-Fannett

they have a good coach ...  and they have a pretty good pitching staff in Bret Koenig, L johnson , Jake manaldi.

line  up consist when basketball gets out

1- jake manaldi-

2-pinder- runs 6-5  sixty

3- T Eaves -  batted 605 last year

4- Hagan daigle-  465 with 5 jacks

5 - Markum - should have a break out year

6- Rose- solid in the field should hit pretty good this year

7- D lalonde good up the middle solid hitting

8- Gallier- good stick can play anywhere

9- ?

Markum has by far the most smooth swing i have seen in a long time. watched him last year as a freshman and was blown away, the district better look out for this kid, im expecting big things from him for the next couple of years.

This outfield trio is one to be challenged, Pinder has the speed to beat out a throw from 2nd with the slightest delay and definately from the left side of the infield. Daigle has pop and with the short porch for home games always a threat to take you deep at home, by far a top hitter in 3A this year. Minaldi has a great stroke and strong arm, as well as the other 2, smart kid and knows what needs to be done when he's out there.

Eaves, coming back from his injury, is looking better and better, after an explosive BA last year you know the kid can get it done at the plate; don't let his injury throw you off, I'm expecting a lot from him in the field this year at SS. Rose needs to improve in the box, seems to be a little to impatient, a lot of movement in lower half, but definately has the tools when he puts it all together, and has always been a solid fielder.  Lalonde is a definate threat up the middle, I'm expecting some great double plays from the Eaves Lalonde tandem; should be solid near the bottom of the lineup(not there b/c he cant hit) driving in the runs when needed.

And Logan Johnson looks better every time I've seen him.  Young but driven, has the heart to be one of the top pitchers in the district for the rest of his high school career.  Has the long body needed to deceive hitters when goes through windup.

I have yet to meet the new coach, but have spoken with Lindstrom and Keeney and both have told me good things about him.  I'm hoping he can do some good things with this group of kids b/c this is definately the best the team has looked since the 04 season.

Downside: Pitching, HF seems to lack the depth at this spot every year.  I just don't see how you can expect a lot from 16-18 y/o when asking them to pitch everyday when only rotating between 2 of them, maybe during the season and w/ rest before district play, but when it comes to the playoff(which I strongly believe they can make it this year) playing back to back days w/possible double headers, its going to be interesting to see how they handle it.

thats good that everyone is coming into the season healthy...by watching last year the horns werent on the lucky side with there injures..they had a fatal blow to there infield, when there shortstop t. eaves got hurt...he had that team goin he was hitting over 600 and him and derek L. had the double plays going up the middle..but from what has been going around it seems to be that taylor had made a full recovery from that injury and is back 100%..and the team is looking pretty promising this year looking to make a playoff run..they have at least nine of there players back this year...they got koenig coming back from a very successful year last year and has been throwing very well from what i saw during gt..and logan johnson as there number 2 looking very good as well...there outfield looks pretty set this year with daigel and pinder coming back with the speed from both of them the field should  be covered pretty well...there catcher should be returning havent heard to much about him latley...but the horns should have a great exciting year ahead of them.

good luck!

HF Longhorns 2009 Schedule

Feb 24            Lumberton                    H        6:30

Feb 26-28        LC-M Tournament

Mar 3              Buna                            H        6:30

Mar 5-7          Orangefield Tournament

Mar 10            Kirbyville                      H        7:00

Mar 12-14      Kirbyville Tournament

Mar 24            Orangefield                  H        7:00

Mar 27            West Orange-Stark      H        7:00

Mar 31            Hardin-Jefferson          A        7:00

Apr 3              Silsbee                        H        7:00

Apr 7              Bridge City                  A        7:00

Apr 9              Orangefield                  A        7:00

Apr 13            West Orange-Stark      A        7:00

Apr 17            Hardin-Jefferson          H        7:00

Apr 21            Silsbee                        A        7:00

Apr 24            Bridge City                  H        7:00

be ready for this team to make a playoff run working really hard tired of not making playoffs its going to happen this year alot of talent if we can play as a team.       and hope to actually catch some breaks this year.

Just remember what it took your freshman year to get to the playoffs and spread that to your teammates.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder