Lamar men roll in Southland opener

Guest coachacola

I almost predicted the attendence correctly. Total was 3,457, this is what I predicted on another thread:

I say there will be less than 4,000 in attendance. Probably just over 3,000.

I'll predict 3,237.

I knew that some of you were wrong when you were expecting 4000-6000 at this game. Maybe if Lamar gets on a win streak the crowds towards the end of the season will get bigger.

I hope the crowds pick up.This type team feeds off the crowd and can turn it up a notch with the long ball when they get pumped.Was it just me tonight or was the officiating as bad as it looked?It didn't favor anyone just looked like a really weak crew to me.

Actually I disagree. They missed a few travels and a few calls, but they let them play. That's what is wrong with SLC Crews usually they call every ticky tacky play. Get out of the SLC and the big dogs get physical and the officiating allows them to play.

I hope the crowds pick up.This type team feeds off the crowd and can turn it up a notch with the long ball when they get pumped.Was it just me tonight or was the officiating as bad as it looked?It didn't favor anyone just looked like a really weak crew to me.

You are right, the crowd looked nice, but it was about as quiet as it could get with 3400 people there. Jay Brown did have some monster rejections, he kills that ball when he wants to block it, I can see that highly regarded talent that rivals talked about come to life, he truly is a beast for us. KD... what needs to be said, for us to win the Conference Championship, he has to be the best player on the floor night in and night out, and he's done that so far. Hall had the best game he's had for us too I feel, he also had some no calls when those lions were all over him.

All in all, except for the uninspired play the last 2 minutes, you have to feel good about this game, however, this team has a tough game wed against UTA and then another tough one against McNeese, if we don't play our best we could head into next week 1-2.

the spring semester hasn't started yet, so i think the crowds will get bigger once all the students are back on campus. 

I thought there was a nice student crowd last night, not loud, but still a good size for it still being the break.

I don't mind the officials letting em bang.The calls I was referring to were traveling(no calls) and phantom possession calls.One right in front of the LU bench in the 2nd half and the other on the LU base line in the 2nd half. Both stopped play and gave the ball back to the team in possession which was LU but killed a scoring drive both times.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami