Silsbee vs. Kelly Updates/Broadcast/Silsbee Wins!

Guest ST4life

Game seems close but at least Silsbee came out with a win.

It seems close I agree

but Silsbee had plenty of chances to make this game end with about a 25 point differential........

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems close I agree

but Silsbee had plenty of chances to make this game end with about a 25 point differential........

hey, they found a way to win.  that being said, those games that they don't find a way to put away when they should will eventually end up coming back to bite them.

Guest ST4life

It seems close I agree

hey, they found a way to win.  that being said, those games that they don't find a way to put away when they should will eventually end up coming back to bite them.

???

Guest ST4life

i'm just saying, if you have a chance to put it away, but find ways to let teams stick around, eventually one's going to come back and beat you.

oh ok I see.....

yes that is true....

I hope we put it away on HJ or they might be that team that will come back and beat us.....

i'm just saying, if you have a chance to put it away, but find ways to let teams stick around, eventually one's going to come back and beat you.

oh ok I see.....

yes that is true....

I hope we put it away on HJ or they might be that team that will come back and beat us.....

And Orangefield!!

silsbee got the win what more could you ask for... welll i can ask for the old team back the tigers havent been playing well at all... they are scoring like they are capable and really i see some pretty selfish ball play... wide open people not getting the ball passed to them and what ever happened to people driving to the basket and kicking the ball out to the shooters

Guest aschrapps

Yall are being wayyy to hard on Silsbee...you have to remember they were coming off that disastrous stretch and i thought they played very well tonight. You also have to remember that behind the likes of Ozen, Silsbee, and HJ Kelly is one of the better teams in this area. Silsbee came out and really shared the  ball well i thought. Robinson played very within himself and ran the show for silsbee and hit a big shot when they needed it. Also the two white kids have ICE in their veins every time a big shot is needed they seem to hit it. On a side note Kelly played some of the most selfish basketball I've ever seen. They need to stop resting on the laurels of that ozen win and wake up and play defense. I hope a silsbee fan from the game will come on here and agree that Falgout from Kelly is a great competitor and plays his heart out.

Yall are being wayyy to hard on Silsbee...you have to remember they were coming off that disastrous stretch and i thought they played very well tonight. You also have to remember that behind the likes of Ozen, Silsbee, and HJ Kelly is one of the better teams in this area. Silsbee came out and really shared the  ball well i thought. Robinson played very within himself and ran the show for silsbee and hit a big shot when they needed it. Also the two white kids have ICE in their veins every time a big shot is needed they seem to hit it. On a side note Kelly played some of the most selfish basketball I've ever seen. They need to stop resting on the laurels of that ozen win and wake up and play defense. I hope a silsbee fan from the game will come on here and agree that Falgout from Kelly is a great competitor and plays his heart out.

falgout? #13? that the right guy? cuz EJ is ridiculous from beyond the arc i thought every shot was going in

Silsbee played better tonight. The Tigers were able to get some open shots which Byars, Robinson and Walters were able to nail. Then it opened up some space inside and Stallworth took advantage. Shannon was able to penetrate and with some crisp passes, he was able to get the baseline man some easy buckets. Hill attacked the basket as always and had at least 6 steals in the game. The only drawback offensively was the Tigers struggling from the freethrow line. Silsbee should have iced this game away with over a minute and a half left but they just couldn't nail down the freethrows. Silsbee shot 55% from the line, 50% down the stretch. With a descent freethrow %, the Tigers could have put this one away by at least 15. Silsbee will have to get better at the line in order to put away teams instead of letting them hang around. It will eventually come back to get'em. Also, Avory Thomas needs to get out of this slump he is in. Silsbee will need his presence down inside both offensively and defensively. I know you can play better, Avory, I have seen you do it. Keep your head up and keep playing hard.

As for the Tiger defense, they still aren't playing very well. The intensity level on defense is just not there as the Tigers were slow to get back down court on several occasions. Kelly got some easy buckets in transition. The Tiger pressure was inconsistant as we were able to get some steals and create some turnovers but also gave up too many shots inside. Silsbee definetly has to do a better job on the defensive boards. But I think with Silsbee playing a smaller lineup helped contribute to Kelly being able to get some offensive rebounds.

All in all it was a good win for Silsbee over a pretty good opponent on the road. Kelly has really been playing better of late and I knew that they would give the Tigers a much better game than the one they played back in November.

I do want to add one more thing before I end this post. If there are any officials viewing this thread, I want to know what it's going to take for Stallworth to get some calls inside. This young man is taking a beating every game. I just hope and pray he is able to finish the season.

I want to thank Coach Knowles and Coach Long for their help and hospitality. It was greatly appreciated.

Leading scorers for Silsbee:

Robinson 18

Hill 14

Stallworth 12

Byars 12 (4 three's)

Good win for the Tigers.  I stayed for the 1st half and saw what I needed to see.  Silsbee is very good this season.  They seem to be about 8-9 deep right now and will be adding the big kid from JV soon.  Should be a great district season coming up.  Best of luck to the Tigers. ;) ;)

Guest tigersvoice

Good win for the Tigers.  I stayed for the 1st half and saw what I needed to see.  Silsbee is very good this season.  They seem to be about 8-9 deep right now and will be adding the big kid from JV soon.  Should be a great district season coming up.  Best of luck to the Tigers. ;) ;)

Thank you Lazeek.  Surely you have just put the Sports Illustrated Kiss of Death on our Tigers for the season. ;D ;D >:(

Thank you Lazeek.  Surely you have just put the Sports Illustrated Kiss of Death on our Tigers for the season. ;D ;D >:(

No chance. ;D ;D

Hey Aggies are we. please stop with the pity party for Stallworth.  He gives as good as he gets.  The foul totals for the game do not back up your concerns.

no one said he didnt foul anyone... but when he attacks the basket he might as well put on pads... hes only saying he's not getting the obvious calls not that the officiating is unfair towards him

You guys are a joke ;D  You so badly want silsbee to be this great squad!!  sorry not this year.  Not enough super stars on this team, year there are some good players but not 1 great one.  Sorry smokie smoke... not that good and the big men are could not even contain the 1 big man Kelly had. If you think beating Kelly by 8 pts was so great, wait until you meet college park this weekend!!!!!  :'( Enough Said .......GO Dawgs  3 state championships already under our belts and working on a 4th

Guest Pissedoffgranny23

If silsbee was a private school we would win sate every year...and if we lose 2 college park...who cares they are a great 5a team dummy...the only thing that counts is district and so on...dang u just as dumb as you sound...and dont talk about my boy smoke..he killed yall last night HOMIE

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124