Lumberton at Nederland Predictions....../Lumberton Wins!

Both teams played as well as they could considering the sloppy conditions. Lumberton comes out on top 2-1. Lumberton seemed to have some holes on the team, but Nederland's sophomores have some shaping up to do also. This game should stir up some pre-district excitement!! Good luck to both teams!

The bottom line is the bottom line.  There are no style points in soccer.  Lumberton had a great game plan:  defend in numbers & counter-attack with speed.  Hats off to them.

And as far as playing on the turf being an advantage for either team, it might mean Nederland is able to control the ball a little bit better, but it also means that Poole and Brakin are that much faster!  :o

After watching this game, Nederland is far and above a more skilled team than Lumberton. Lumberton did seem a little more athletic, but by mid season NHS will be a 2 goal favorite. Nederland also seems to be better coached, but the Lumberton coach seems better than your average "football coach forced to coach something else" guy.

"Football coach forced to coach something else".  Now that is pretty darn funny right there.  I'll take a shot in the dark here and say you dont have a clue about Coach L.  I do, so let me just say that the guy loves soccer and fought hard to get that job.

If your whole statement isnt an oxy-moron, then i need to go back to resource class and try it all over.  NO offense to Ned's coach, but, as you say, they are so much more talented and skillful and Coach L hasnt lost to them yet, I might have to rethink my comparison.  Even after losing a slew of talent including Brackin, Waldrup, Garza, Bell, Miller....etc.  They are both good coaches who have different approaches to the game, and different types of athletes. 

Coach L is definitely not a football guy who is forced to coach soccer.  He plays the game, knows the game, and teaches the game.  A poorly coached team - no matter how much talent - is easy to spot.  Lumberton is obviously well coached.  This shouldn't even be a discussion.  He's got my respect.  Back to back trophies are the only proof anyone needs.  ;)

I don't recall saying L was a bad coach, make sure and reread the post. I stand by eveything I wrote, those NHS kids are positioning and passing like they are well into the season. With the tough predistrict schedule they have, they will be ready for a nice playoff run. If you watched the game, you would agree with my statement, its not rocket surgery. Good luck to Lumberton, I don't think they have any worries in their district.

I don't recall saying L was a bad coach, make sure and reread the post. I stand by eveything I wrote, those NHS kids are positioning and passing like they are well into the season. With the tough predistrict schedule they have, they will be ready for a nice playoff run. If you watched the game, you would agree with my statement, its not rocket surgery. Good luck to Lumberton, I don't think they have any worries in their district.

rocket surgery?

Guest setxgal

rocket surgery?

Yep...rocket surgery...I tried to major in it.... ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder