lc-m fans

skipper

not sure if he can do this.can the school board at lc-m ,put moody back as AD only

Won't happen.  There is probably NO COACH at the 4A level worth anything that would accept a Head Coaching job without also being responsible for the AD duties.  Can anyone name a school district where the Head football coach is not the AD? (exception being small schools that don't have football)  There may be some out there, but I can't think of any.  ???

not sure if he can do this.can the school board at lc-m ,put moody back as AD only

Won't happen.  There is probably NO COACH at the 4A level worth anything that would accept a Head Coaching job without also being responsible for the AD duties.  Can anyone name a school district where the Head football coach is not the AD? (exception being small schools that don't have football)  There may be some out there, but I can't think of any.  ???

Port Arthur just filled their director position and is still searching for FB coach. That mat be more doable for larger schools. Nothing indicates LCM is looking in that direction.

the school board at lc-m are looking for a coach that can #1 beat wo-s #2 win dist his first year as a coach there.now dont you think that will be easy becouse of all the SR and JRs .he will be under the lookin glass by the school board  i can tell u that. lc-m has 14 SR and 12 JRs coming back so he should make some noise his first year if not  well we know what will happen. i am NOT trying to be a smart butt about all this  it is just what has been told me 

Guest tigersvoice

the school board at lc-m are looking for a coach that can #1 beat wo-s #2 win dist his first year as a coach there.now dont you think that will be easy becouse of all the SR and JRs .he will be under the lookin glass by the school board  i can tell u that. lc-m has 14 SR and 12 JRs coming back so he should make some noise his first year if not  well we know what will happen. i am NOT trying to be a smart butt about all this  it is just what has been told me 

Wow!  Pretty tall orders (or in this case, "Tall #1 and #2) for your first year Coach.  If this is true the LC-M School Board needs the Miller High Life guy to deliver them several cases of REALITY and the Coach needs to rent - not buy.  Only organization with higher first year expectations would be Jerry Jones' Cowboys. 

Skip you got to get off them meds your talking crazy!

So in other words, by your numbers, next year the team will have as many Seniors and Juniors as they did this year.  How does that make it any more significantly different than this past year?

Skip, who do you project to be the starting Offensive and Defensive linemen?

who knows with this new young coach coming in it up in the air. i got the numbers from a lc-m football program ,i may haft to go recount and ck the SRs

You know, its not just the number of returning players that are coming back that matters, it also matters what positions they play.  Quarterback, receiver and running back positions should be in fairly good shape, however I'm concerned about the line.

In 2007, the entire starting O-line were juniors until injuries and illnesses took a couple of them out (center and guard).  Seago (sp?) was a backup (by design) tackle who played some guard and Viator was forced to play center some.  The inexperience of an all junior line (all first-year varsity too) showed.

This year should have been an all-senior line with all having one year of varsity experience until two of them quit. Only one or two juniors got any significant playing time.

Bottom line, only one or two O-linemen next year will have any appreciable varsity game experience.  Next year the line will need to rely on either this year's juniors who didn't play much if at all and on players from the JV squad.  Whoever fills those positions next year need to be hitting the weight room and the track now if they really want to be able to step it up next year.  The line wasn't particularly blessed with size this year (largest lineman was 6-1, 225, a couple of others were at 200 lbs) and it won't get better next year.  If there is anyone as big or bigger, they are considerably slower.

Pretty much the same story on the defensive side of the line.

This past year there was a dedicated group of players who were committed to working out on a regular basis, unfortunately there just weren't enough of them.  Hopefully the new coach will be successful in convincing more players (like all of them) of the need to improve their speed, explosion and strength.

::) PLEASE!  ::)

The Detroit Lions have a lot of "experienced" players returning next year too, but I doubt if anyone's expectations are going to be a Super Bowl appearance.

I hope the young men that worked hard this past season for a starting position are continuing to work in the off season to protect those spots...but the new coach's first order of business is to try to get all of the athletes that are just roaming the hall to be interested in football enough to come out and challenge for those postions.  The first few weeks of the '09 "training camp" at LCM will not be measured by how many starters return, but by how many kids WANT to come out for football.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami