Texas Tech

UNLV

Guest JoesBros

Thats why we need to pack the Montagne for sure! Keep in mind there is a whole day of Basketball their on Saturday with the YMBL tournament going on. I know I will be there. Who's with me?

Guest coachacola

They beat both SELA and SHSU by 11 points in Lubbock.  When they come to Beaumont on Saturday they will not have played in 10 days so they might be a little rusty.  After this road trip to Kentucky Lamar should be rested, happy to be home and not intimidated at all by Tech.

Tech isn't a great rebounding team and they don't force a lot of turnovers, but they are a real good 3-point shooting team.  They seem to be a lot like Ohio but only better.  If Lamar can bring their "A" game and make some 3s then they can win.

I predict there will be 5500 at the game.

I think that this is a winable game... I sure hope that more than 5500 people show up.. Football playoffs are pretty much over and we should be able to draw atleast 7k for this but looking at the avail tickets online it does not seem that way.. Maybe lamartickets can give us an update on how many tickets have been sold so far..

Guest coachacola

The media needs to hype this game up. They need to say its a must see event with local celebrities and everything...wink wink..

The one thing you can say positive about attending a Lamar game is that the arena is nice. It's really a nice place to promote and watch a game.

But they need a new video/scoreboard and sound system.  It was nice 25 years ago but it's time for an upgrade.  I know those things cost a lot of money but they should be able to find some money for one.

The media needs to hype this game up. They need to say its a must see event with local celebrities and everything...wink wink..

The one thing you can say positive about attending a Lamar game is that the arena is nice. It's really a nice place to promote and watch a game.

But they need a new video/scoreboard and sound system.  It was nice 25 years ago but it's time for an upgrade.  I know those things cost a lot of money but they should be able to find some money for one.

Surely all you Lamar fans on here can raise $25,000

Guest JoesBros

Well, I'll be in attendance, so that takes care of the local celebrity. ;D

Me toooooooooooo ;D

Guest DickVitale

Yeah, I planned on making an appearance there for that game! ;D....I will be on the floor opposite the bench area!! ;)

They beat both SELA and SHSU by 11 points in Lubbock.  When they come to Beaumont on Saturday they will not have played in 10 days so they might be a little rusty.  After this road trip to Kentucky Lamar should be rested, happy to be home and not intimidated at all by Tech.

Having played Texas Tech in Lubbock, I would say Lamar is capable of beating them in Beaumont...we led them at the half and were in it most of the way, but played like crap in the 2nd half...they pulled away and eventually won by 11 as you said...we were easily as athletic as they were, if not more so...I thought Arkansas was the more physically talented of the two majors we've played so far.

Here are some highlight clips of our game with Texas Tech...it's edited to show our positives, but gives you some idea of how we matched up with them...best of luck against the Red Raiders.

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

Our guards should do a good job containing theirs and we should be able to get off some good shots outside (unlike at UK) because their guards are not real big.

Our biggest hurdle will be whether or not we can guard their big guy out to the three point line. They have a center that will step out routinely and knock down a handful of trey's.

OK one thing about attendance. How is anyone going to know about the game if its not out in the public? Yes I know that people know about it but its the people who already attend games and have an intrest in LU basketball. Some people don't really care to go watch a Lamar game because we never really get a good opponent that comes to Beaumont. Now that we do the someone needs to go out in the public and post it places. Get the message to people who don't keep up with Lamar basketball but may want to, knowing there is going to be a big time opponent coming in. Put up yards signs around the area, put it all over the radio stations,make car signs and put them on the back of Lamar employees tailgates or trunks(shoot give me one and ill market for the game). It just seems they aren't reaching out to enough people. Just like someone said earlier if Tech comes in here and we have 3,000 people they aren't going to want to come back to Beaumont.

OK one thing about attendance. How is anyone going to know about the game if its not out in the public? Yes I know that people know about it but its the people who already attend games and have an intrest in LU basketball. Some people don't really care to go watch a Lamar game because we never really get a good opponent that comes to Beaumont. Now that we do the someone needs to go out in the public and post it places. Get the message to people who don't keep up with Lamar basketball but may want to, knowing there is going to be a big time opponent coming in. Put up yards signs around the area, put it all over the radio stations,make car signs and put them on the back of Lamar employees tailgates or trunks(shoot give me one and ill market for the game). It just seems they aren't reaching out to enough people. Just like someone said earlier if Tech comes in here and we have 3,000 people they aren't going to want to come back to Beaumont.

If we beat Tech, they won't come back regardless of how many is in attendance. ;)

You are right though, there should be more emphasis out in the public about this game. A few billboards and some TV spots should be the least Lamar should be doing. I haven't seen anything like that, yet.

But, with that said, I will be highly disappointed if there is not at least 1500 or more students in attendance. They are the ones who needs to step up and come in masses. That is what Lamar has lacked over the last few years, great student support at the games.

If we beat Tech, they won't come back regardless of how many is in attendance. ;)

SHSU beat Texas Tech in Lubbock. What did they do? Bobby Knight gave us a 2 for 1. He loves Bob Marlin and a few of the other mid-major coaches in the region. BM is one of the coaches he took under his wing. BK took the SHSU coaching staff out to eat with his own when he came to Huntsville. What a class act!

SHSU beat Texas Tech in Lubbock. What did they do? Bobby Knight gave us a 2 for 1. He loves Bob Marlin and a few of the other mid-major coaches in the region. BM is one of the coaches he took under his wing. BK took the SHSU coaching staff out to eat with his own when he came to Huntsville. What a class act!

Haha funny, I hear he is pretty fond of Roc too.

you left out where BK got mad about the poor service and threw the waiter through a window

You are right though, there should be more emphasis out in the public about this game. A few billboards and some TV spots should be the least Lamar should be doing. I haven't seen anything like that, yet.

But, with that said, I will be highly disappointed if there is not at least 1500 or more students in attendance. They are the ones who needs to step up and come in masses. That is what Lamar has lacked over the last few years, great student support at the games.

Its not just the public. There isn't a whole lot being said about it on campus either. I thought there would be more hype about this game around campus with Tech coming. I have been hearing from a lot of people that I have talked to though that they are going to this game. I don't know if 1500 will show up, but it would be great if that and many more came.

There will be more than 1500 people at the game for sure, however I hate how the enterprise SUCKS now, I thought Laney would bring more the paper, the articles are nothing better than stats. No interesting articles at all... the whole enterprise about as big as the chronicle classifieds too.

I bought my tickets online.  If judging by the seats that were "unavailable" for me to select is accurate, there should be a good turnout.  I'm not sure how accurate that is though.  I would just say that if you have any season tickets and are not going - give them away.

For student attendance, one question.  Does Lamar run a gametime shuttle by the dorms and Lamar local area now?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to that but thought I'd ask. 

I'm not even sure Lamar has the ability like aTm has to run shuttle buses.

Listen.. I brought all these issues up when I went to school there. I was smashed for bringing these up.. but they need to go through the dorms an hour before the game and have a big march to the montagne before every game.. That would be something great... but they will not get it together.. I am sure you could get about 300 just from knocking on their doors before the games... Plus like I said before there is no advertisement to the students about the upcoming games..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder