OH NO!!!!! My LC-M Post is gone

I will try again....

LC-M folks need a dose of reality.  I have been gone for a long time and not real sure of the situation but I do know the people.  Coach Moody is a good man and definitely comes from a great football background.  I am sure he ran the program like his mentor's did and it just didn't sit well with the LC-M parents/community I suppose.  I hope someone can get in there and get it going though because I hate to see all this turmoil there.  As far as Griff goes, he is a great coach.  Not just in baseball but in football as well.  The guy motivates kids and they play for him.  He loves LC-M and only wants the best so keep him out of the discussion.  He will be there and will do a great job for whoever comes in.  Pauline is a great Supt.  Her success should be measured by the districts success all around.  I would say LC-M has a good rep in that area.  LC-M should be able to compete with the teams in SE Texas but that does not mean they have D-1 talent.  Someone name me the last player to sign with a D-1 school.  Not walk-on, actually sign.  Take out BISD, Dayton, and PA Memorial and you can name the D-1 signees on one hand just about.  I recruited that area last year and all the coaches in SE Texas are good coaches and good men that cae about their kids.  Parents need to worry about setting an example for their kids by not bad mouthing coaches and teaching them big TEAM little me.  Work with the coaches instead of worrying about babies' athletic scholarship opportunities (limited at best).

Also said something about the kids that cheered when they heard the news.....I am sure there were a few of the kids that cheered.....but it has been my experiece when a coach steps down or is fired, the ones cheering were the biggest problems and so were there parents.

I use my real name on here so no one can say I hide behind a screen name.  Coop can attest to what I know and don't know and my football background....as well as other sports.....lol.....and so can others in the comunity when they see the name.

I agree with this post. . .

I don't have a dog in the fight so to speak, but I do long for the days when you are taught respect at an early age.  If I had EVER said a disrespectful thing about one of my teachers, my parents would have smacked me across the face for it.  I was taught to respect my elders particularly my teachers.  I don't think that this takes place in most homes these days.  Too many times I hear kids say exactly what I know they have heard from one of their parents at home.  I know that my parents NEVER said one derogatory word about a teacher (in front of me) and any problems that I had were taken up with me and not the fault of the teacher.

Hopefully those of us on here will think about this and remember than everything that we say in front of our children are recorded in their memories and it will come out at some point, so lets make sure that it is a positive rather than a negative comment.  It would go a long way and make this world a better place to live. . .

I don't have a dog in this fight either but I can name a few D-1 guys. Earl Thomas and Deon Beasley (UT), KJ Franks (ATM), Jacoby Franks (TT), and Tommy Chavis (Missouri). Not only are these guys all

D-1, they are all from the Big VII and all from WOS. I read an article the other day where UT is recruiting 2 Jr.'s and a Sophomore from WOS. So we have alot of talent in this area.

I don't have a dog in this fight either but I can name a few D-1 guys. Earl Thomas and Deon Beasley (UT), KJ Franks (ATM), Jacoby Franks (TT), and Tommy Chavis (Missouri). Not only are these guys all

D-1, they are all from the Big VII and all from WOS. I read an article the other day where UT is recruiting 2 Jr.'s and a Sophomore from WOS. So we have alot of talent in this area.

dang td, do I have to clean up after you all the time...lol...just pickin'...but it the Big XII, not with the V, otherwise, it's the Big 7 instead of the Big 12.

I had Earl and Jacoby on our Pop Warner Flag team, along with Seth Thomas, and Trey Franks.  These successful athletes became as such because, while they had talent, mom and dad weren't looking for someone to trumpet how good their kids were.  Mom and dad were on the sidelines, encouraging, but not overbearing, supportive, but not controlling.  Mr. and Mrs. Franks, and Mr. and Mrs. Thomas came to practices and games, and gave this rookie coach a whole lot of support, even when it was evident I should have been coaching baseball instead...(and even then, there's a question mark).

There lies the challenge for any coach.  Too many moms and dads with stars in their eyes.  Too many moms and dads that see megastar in a kid, when the kid may just have average talent with an occasional spurt of WHOA!.  Too many moms and dads that want junior to be the #1 guy, will get on this board looking to see who calls junior the #1 guy, and setting junior up for massive stress and ulcers, when junior encounters a TEAM, and not a bunch of pretty good little INDIVIDUALS. 

The new coach at LCM will have to develop a TEAM, not a group of individual stars.  I once had to let a kid who had stars in his eyes run around the backfield with no one blocking for him, at which point he got the idea that this is a team sport, that while he may be a great player, it takes a bunch of good and okay players to help him be that star.  When the coach at LCM gets his kids to realize this, and more importantly, their parents to realize this...LCM will begin to come out of the dumps it's been in...   

ihaved learned in my years that its not just talent. its who you know

Hmm...I don't have a dog in the fight either but I've learned in my years that if it's who you know and not the talent then your team probably sucks.  There were a bunch of rants about teachers, the supe, bad coaches, etc...when it comes to education they're really on one person responsible for it - the rest of the people are there for support or motivation.  Sports are the same way...Junior may not want to be the next Earl Campbell and you sure aren't going to make him.  Easier said than done I know because my kid's only 3 already I can't wait to teach him all I've learned (wait here come the cracks about that won't take long etc... we've heard them all already so skip it).  Everyone wants their junior to be that next GREAT player but at some point we have to trust the people who's livelyhood depends on them putting the best people in the best position to win.

Re: Bellison1:

I know I could get lynched for suggesting the following but I must.  When is someone going to hold Mrs. Kogt.com, oh I mean Pauline accountable for the people she brings in?  It's not the board, they just approve whoever she nominates for the final position.  LCM's reputation is currently in danger.  Review the board minutes over the past three years and look at how many resignations have been listed, and no it's not all baby boomers retiring.  She has put two of the worst leaders in leadership positions on LC campuses (Thankfully they are both gone)  and they have run people off by the droves.  Thus why the bond issue did not pass.  People are pissed in LCM.  The same can be said about the athletic program.  Whenever you have staff turnover every year something must be wrong.  I just think she needs to be held accountable even as adorable as she is, FRIENDS  ;)

The people who preach blind devotion to all teachers are wrong.  Like any profession, there are some teachers who are not fit to instruct others.  I give teachers the benefit of the doubt until shown otherwise.    I have taught my children to respect authority, but some people in leadership positions have issues.  My children, who are young adults, need to be able to recognize the existance of the peter principle and deal with it.  Thats how it is in the real world.

That said, I believe that LCM is trying to correct some major problems with some bad hirings.  True, they did hire the wrong person in the first place, but at least they are trying to get rid of the problems.  Sometimes, it takes longer than it should.

I must admit that I am very pleased with the support staff at LCM.  I also respect a  majority of the teachers at LCM.  But those last two "reassignments" were LONG OVERDUE with plenty of solid evidence to support the demotion.  They obviously didn't know how to run the show. 

Lets hope for better days in the future.

The people who preach blind devotion to all teachers are wrong.  Like any profession, there are some teachers who are not fit to instruct others.  I give teachers the benefit of the doubt until shown otherwise.    I have taught my children to respect authority, but some people in leadership positions have issues.  My children, who are young adults, need to be able to recognize the existance of the peter principle and deal with it.  Thats how it is in the real world.

That said, I believe that LCM is trying to correct some major problems with some bad hirings.  True, they did hire the wrong person in the first place, but at least they are trying to get rid of the problems.  Sometimes, it takes longer than it should.

I must admit that I am very pleased with the support staff at LCM.  I also respect a  majority of the teachers at LCM.  But those last two "reassignments" were LONG OVERDUE with plenty of solid evidence to support the demotion.  They obviously didn't know how to run the show. 

Lets hope for better days in the future.

Great post.  I couldn't say it any better myself, so I won't even try.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont