Pay to see the Playoff games?

Please, someone, tell me that what my husband told me last night after practice was wrong.  Tell me that we, the parents and siblings of the players who in the playoffs, do NOT have to pay to watch our kids/ brothers play football!!!!  Tell me that he misunderstood what was said.  Tell me that tomorrow morning, when we arrive at the field in Nederland at 7 a.m. in the moring, in the cold, freezing weather, that there will NOT be someone out there with their hands open asking for admission money.

somebody ...  anybody ... please!

Please, someone, tell me that what my husband told me last night after practice was wrong.  Tell me that we, the parents and siblings of the players who in the playoffs, do NOT have to pay to watch our kids/ brothers play football!!!!  Tell me that he misunderstood what was said.  Tell me that tomorrow morning, when we arrive at the field in Nederland at 7 a.m. in the moring, in the cold, freezing weather, that there will NOT be someone out there with their hands open asking for admission money.

With all the excitement you'll have been having I'd pay to see it.

We have played in this league before and others. They charge for the event to cover a lot of cost. Every players win or lose gets a medal $$, super bowl champs get very nice trophies $$, the STJFL has to pay for referees and also they hire score board operators sto make sure it is not kids. I have a family member that still plays, he trold me that the ticket you purchase at the one field that day is good for any fiels so you only pay once for all the games no matter the location. It cost the league 4 or 5 thousand dollars to do the playoffs

I will tell you it takes alot of money to host a game and alot of VOLUNTEERS to put on something like that.Do you think all the equipment,refs,field maintenance,rental of the stadium etc,..do you think all that is free?

you will only have to pay $3.some people will have to be there at 6am and not leave until late hours of the night picking up trash,putting up stuff and making sure YOUR son has a nice place to play.

If I was you I woul rather pay the $3 and leave after the game.and the freezing weather that you will have to sit in for a few hours some people will have to be there all day, and night in it.

You are right piratefan. I volunteered before and it is a very long day. I was told that the Sr games a Bulldog stadium that they will have the scoreboard on with instant replay. The kids will love that as well as the fans.

Good luck to all and bundle up... dont forget your gate fee, the kids will have a nice parting gift for it.

If you don't pay,how can you except your son to play? $3 is not much for all he gets!!

I will go step further Hawk, this is the first round for the STJFL, double all the games. 4 pee-wee games, 4 Jr games, 4 Sr games. Fortunatley it is in the town, so the ticket is good for all games. 1 ticket for $3 good bargin to good young athletes.

So refs will cost approximatley $2000. I hope the league has good attendance, will take about 600 adult fans to pay the refs, not including all the other stuff that is purchased forthe players. I was told every player gets an STJFL playoff medal win or lose. I would think that is worth 3 or 4 dollars.

I'm not whining - thank you very much!! >:( I simply asked a question because when my son plays for BC Little Leauge Baseball and they are in the playoffs, we never had to pay to sit and watch the games.  Yes, I said BC - I live in WO, participate in WO football, graduated WO, but my kids play BC baseball.

I did not think about the fees associated with the playoffs.  For those who know me, and the only one here that commented so far who does know me is Dragon, knows that I would pay a million dollars (if i had it  ;D) to make sure that my son has a good time and a good experience in football. 

Thank you and have a nice day.

I will go step further Hawk, this is the first round for the STJFL, double all the games. 4 pee-wee games, 4 Jr games, 4 Sr games. Fortunatley it is in the town, so the ticket is good for all games. 1 ticket for $3 good bargin to good young athletes.

So refs will cost approximatley $2000. I hope the league has good attendance, will take about 600 adult fans to pay the refs, not including all the other stuff that is purchased forthe players. I was told every player gets an STJFL playoff medal win or lose. I would think that is worth 3 or 4 dollars.

Yea, I only added the scorekeeper 1 time per 2 games. Your looking at around $2200 for ref's alone. Queenbee, be sure and make up for it by bringing in some snacks and drinks in your purse. That also helps the league....... ;D ;D ;D

I'm not whining - thank you very much!! >:( I simply asked a question because when my son plays for BC Little Leauge Baseball and they are in the playoffs, we never had to pay to sit and watch the games.  Yes, I said BC - I live in WO, participate in WO football, graduated WO, but my kids play BC baseball.

I did not think about the fees associated with the playoffs.  For those who know me, and the only one here that commented so far who does know me is Dragon, knows that I would pay a million dollars (if i had it  ;D) to make sure that my son has a good time and a good experience in football. 

BC Little League charges parking fees come tourney time.    By the way, can any kid from Orange play at BC?    I was wondering why they had such a large program.

"Queenbee, be sure and make up for it by bringing in some snacks and drinks in your purse. "

;D nope; only snacks and drinks i bring is for the kids after each game.  i buy my drinks and eats from the concession stand.  i do bring donuts or something for me in case my blood sugar bottoms out but i don't think i can stick nachos or sausage links in my purse!!!  ;D :D

"BC Little League charges parking fees come tourney time.    By the way, can any kid from Orange play at BC?    I was wondering why they had such a large program."

I've never had to pay parking fees at the field.

The only reason my kids can play in BC is because Orange/West Orange does not have a Little League set up.  They had Twin County but that went under and left us with nothing.  Memorial is not considered "Little League" and I want my kids playing for LL so they go to the closest one and that is in Bridge City.

If Orange/West Orange ever organizes another Little League, then because of boundary rules, they (my kids) would have to play in that one and not Bridge City.

BC is not doing anything illegal by accepting WO kids - they have the right to do so.

BC Little League charges parking fees come tourney time.    By the way, can any kid from Orange play at BC?    I was wondering why they had such a large program.

We no longer have a Little League program in Orange. Therefore, kids are able to go play at the nearest Little League available. We play PONY in Orange at OYBS.

That's cool that each player gets A medal, what about the cheerleaders? do they each get somthing at their competition?

If you would pay a million dollars to make sure your son has a good experience, then why are you crying about 3 bucks. The money raised will probably be used to cover legal fee's for the idiots involved in Lum/BC brawl.

If you would pay a million dollars to make sure your son has a good experience, then why are you crying about 3 bucks. The money raised will probably be used to cover legal fee's for the idiots involved in Lum/BC brawl.

She didnt know, so she ask and you have to be a smart*ss.  The question was answered and you still had to put your 2 cents in. The only idiot I see is you!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics