Pee Wee coach will not be hit with assault charge

KFDM COOP

This is the hidden content, please

Beaumont enterprise

Pee Wee coach will not be hit with assault charge

By Julie Shehane

A Lumberton coach will not face criminal charges in connection with an assault on a Bridge City coach during a Pee Wee football game, Lumberton Police Chief Danny Sullins said Thursday.

The complainant, who has not been identified, has told Lumberton detectives he no longer wants to pursue assault charges in the case, according to Sullins.

The Southeast Texas Junior Football League’s decision earlier this week to permanently ban the Lumberton coach from the league, however, will be enforced, according to Sullins.

One other Lumberton coach and two Bridge City coaches were also suspended by league following the incident, according to Minton.

The incident happened Saturday at a 7-and-8-year-old Pee Wee football game against Bridge City. The game took place at Lumberton Middle School.

Read more in Friday’s Enterprise.

KFDM News has learned the Lumberton Police Department has ended its investigation into a fight at a pee wee football game without filing charges, after a Lumberton coach apologized to a Bridge City coach who said he wasn't hurt in the altercation.

Police Chief Danny Sullins says it happened Saturday at the Lumberton Youth Football Field near the middle school.

Investigators say coaches from Lumberton and Bridge City got into a fight near the end of the game involving the Pee Wee division of the Southeast Texas Junior Football League.

Parents and board members broke up the fight.

"The complainant from Bridge City told us Thursday he doesn't want to file charges," said Chief Sullins.

"He said the coach from Lumberton called him and they had a good talk. The coach from Lumberton apologized and they hashed it out like men. The complainant from Bridge City said he wasn't hurt, and therefore we dropped the case."

Chief Sullins tells KFDM News he and a detective reviewed about a two minute clip of the game given to the department by someone who videotaped it.

He says the altercation lasts only about 15-20 seconds.

Chief Sullins said if the Bridge City coach had wanted to pursue the case, and if he said he'd been hurt, the department could have pursued the case as a Class A Misdemeanor, with a penalty ranging from probation up to a year in jail and a $4,000 fine. Without evidence of bodily injury, the department could have pursued a Class C misdemeanor, with the penalty being a fine, or a charge of Disorderly Conduct. The chief said because the complaining witness wanted the case dropped, and because there was no injury, the department's decision not to pursue the case was an easy one to make.

The league has issued a lifetime ban to the Lumberton coach. Three other coaches were suspended.

Hmmmmmm............makes you wonder why he dropped the charges.......

1.  He filed a false police report?

2.  He is a nice guy?

3.  A second video came out showing something COMPLETELY different?

4.  He realized he was the instigator?

5.  He's flying below the radar and wants to keep it that way?

6.  He ruined a great coaches future with his son and feels bad?

Before the hate mail, see option 2.

Hmmmmmm............makes you wonder why he dropped the charges.......

1.  He filed a false police report?

2.  He is a nice guy?

3.  A second video came out showing something COMPLETELY different?

4.  He realized he was the instigator?

5.  He's flying below the radar and wants to keep it that way?

6.  He ruined a great coaches future with his son and feels bad?

Before the hate mail, see option 2.

this post is ridiculous.  on the tape i see a bunch of talking, some pushing and shoving, and then a human kamikaze.  you have six choices, and only one doesn't place the blame on the coach from BC, and that one doesn't exactly place any blame on the coach from lumberton. 

hmmm, just found out a BC coach.......maybe price or prince was suspended indefinitely, and probably for life.  It was after a review of the tape.  Seems like this coach hit the Lumberton coach while someone had him in a headlock. Wow, a coach from Bridge City wrong?  Why has the media not reported this? 

Why are you posting someones name are even attempt too? Did the medie reveal the names of Lumberton and the others? Soundfs like you are just trying to stir the pot... idiot!

Why are you posting someones name are even attempt too? Did the medie reveal the names of Lumberton and the others? Soundfs like you are just trying to stir the pot... idiot!

Watch the news Einstein, they gave out our Head Coaches name, so whats wrong with giving theres?

Spell Check

Einstien, that was a real question!!! I did not see the news this evening!!

Why are you so defensive?? It not BC against Lumberton! Its conduct at an event for kids...

Why are you so defensive?? It not BC against Lumberton! Its conduct at an event for kids...

defensive........maybe it was the idiot part............

Defensive of Lumberton???? I heard :o from some board members also and there are more BC coached supsended than Lumberton and Lumberton was on there sideline. Post that if you know all the facts...

What might help you out is think why everyone is talking about lumberton maybe because of people like you that just don't shut up you give them a bad name watch out i guess you will fly out the computer. look its old now for your town just drop it wrong is wrong and all involved were wrong but life does move on..  thetragicmouthy

What might help you out is think why everyone is talking about lumberton maybe because of people like you that just don't shut up you give them a bad name watch out i guess you will fly out the computer. look its old now for your town just drop it wrong is wrong and all involved were wrong but life does move on..  thetragicmouthy

Congratulations, I was gonna drop it until you mouthed off. There has been 199 post and replies to this subject. My post represent 13% of the feedback. So, direct your comments to the other 87%. First it was the coach that gives them a bad name, now its me giving Lumberton a bad name.  You can check all my post, never resorted to first grade name calling. I do have to say, "thetragicmouthy"...........my feelings are hurt. 

Dude don't call him a name he'll hit you.

I agree with the final decision on this but wonder why it comes down to the two coaches being able to decide the outcome.  Many who chose to join in after the fact are at minimum guilty of the Class C Misdemeanor Disorderly Conduct and need to at least have received warnings that their behavior, no matter what their initial intent was, could have led to minor charges against them.  Food for thought!  I hope everyone puts this behind them and moves on!

Wow, a coach from Bridge City wrong?  Why has the media not reported this? 

I don't care one way or the other about this incident but does anyone really think the media is interested in fans from two cities sniping at each other. The fact that the incident happened is minor local news. The fact that there are fans on both sides that have completely different opinions on who is responsible is not.

If the news media tried to continue a story about a bunch of adults pushing and shoving each other then they are really hurting for news.

I don't care one way or the other about this incident but does anyone really think the media is interested in fans from two cities sniping at each other.

If anyone has any video on this please PM me.

Opening a thread that was closed to ask for video footage of "fans from two cities sniping at each other", no, your right, the media could not be hurting for news..........

Hello all,

I work for a popular national TV show that's looking for owners of any video that captures the brawl at the youth game.  Be assured we are not interested in exploiting the incident but frankly, it needs to be discussed.  Those who shot the video should contact me through this site ASAP for a potential licensing offer.

Thanks!

Wow, a coach from Bridge City wrong?  Why has the media not reported this? 

I don't care one way or the other about this incident but does anyone really think the media is interested in fans from two cities sniping at each other. The fact that the incident happened is minor local news. The fact that there are fans on both sides that have completely different opinions on who is responsible is not.

If the news media tried to continue a story about a bunch of adults pushing and shoving each other then they are really hurting for news.

Hello all,

I work for a popular national TV show that's looking for owners of any video that captures the brawl at the youth game.  Be assured we are not interested in exploiting the incident but frankly, it needs to be discussed.  Those who shot the video should contact me through this site ASAP for a potential licensing offer.

Thanks!

I GUESS THE MEDIA IS HURTING FOR A NEWS STORY. Hey TVGUY, why don't you do a story on the amazing kid talent we have in southeast Texas??

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics