Dayton's Chances

JS

Until now I have withheld judgement on the Dayton defense. My reasoning was that with the loss of 5 starters this summer and injuries to Crowder, Brown, and losing Barton to academics there was no way the Bronco staff could pick up the pieces. I was wrong. This defense looks very good to me especially against the run. With LT and Friendswood in D-1 I believe Dayton has a very good chance to bring home a ring.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Friendswood game - kinda of compares to last year's game with "you know who." Dayton was out of sync that game. Receivers dropped more than half a dozen passes, and defensively no way we had recovered from the loss of five defensive starters in August that were being heavily depended on. This, as then, is not the same team that lost to Friendswood.

That being said, Dayton is focused and will take them one game at a time. If you want to read more about it:

This is the hidden content, please

I think this week will be the official test of the Dayton run defense, they will be facing one of the best rushing attacks in southeast Texas and I assure you the Livingston coaches learned a lesson last year, they will not be throwing the football this time.

Good luck to both teams hope it is a good game.

GO LIONS BEAT DAYTON

I like Dayton's chances to win their first playoff game, and that's as far as I'd go at this point.  They're certainly talented enough to go all the way, but it only takes one slipup to end their season, so hopefully they'll take it one game at a time and not get caught looking down the road.

One at a time-keep everybody healthy-If the Broncos play their A game each time I don't see a roadblock.I have a slight hunch Crosby shocks se texas and beats Lumberton by 1 point.I earlier picked Lumberton by 7,Merka has a field day passing to Casey the speedster.How about a Dayton/Crosby 4th rd.game.Could happen as we all know underdogs rise up and bite you.WE were the only team to win big against Crosby & they have played better since.

Just looking at my videos...

The front seven defensive positions are at the same level or even better than last years squad.

Will be interesting to see if they can shut down Livingston like we did Texas City and the Lions last year.  We even did a very good job against the Waller squad.

Livingston's O-Line might just be overwhelmed at the overall speed from the front seven of Dayton.

The big question mark is the secondary...

To me last years squad had an edge over this year's squad, but looking at the teams in Region III, not many pass oriented offenses.

Can't wait till Saturday.

Looked like the Broncos had a really good practice yesterday evening.

These threads about Dayton's chances (to go all the way) or Everman vs. Dayton in the title game (even though Lion fan was yankin our chain)  make me nervous. Please people, one game at a time!!! Last years Broncos were a special bunch of kids. The offense was unstopable the last few games of the season and the first 4 games of the playoffs. And we all know about that defense. The nose guard was Brent Kimmey and he was a monster on a mission. But he, along with several other talented seniors are gone now.

I don't think any other Bronco fan would deny, that the competition level in 20-4A was higher last year. A couple of scrimmages this year are not good comparisons.

Okay now that the disclaimers out of the way. The 2008 Broncos are also a very talented group. Cody and "The Beast" are the dynamac duo. But on the whole, is the offense as deadly? And while the defense has improved greatly (from the beginning of the season), are they as impermeable as Kimmy's crew in 07?

These questions and more will be answered this weekend. Until then, all I'm saying Bronco fans is, how about a little more cautious optimism.

The front seven defensive positions are at the same level or even better than last years squad.

Will be interesting to see if they can shut down Livingston like we did Texas City and the Lions last year.  We even did a very good job against the Waller squad.

Livingston's O-Line might just be overwhelmed at the overall speed from the front seven of Dayton.

To me last years squad had an edge over this year's squad, but looking at the teams in Region III, not many pass oriented offenses.

I would say Central's front seven were much faster.  When they put 9 in the box to stop the run they probably had 9 guys in the box that ran a 4.8 or better.  That is fast and they still put 30 on Central.

You neutralize speed by running right at someone.

I would say Central's front seven were much faster.  When they put 9 in the box to stop the run they probably had 9 guys in the box that ran a 4.8 or better.  That is fast and they still put 30 on Central.

Ask CE King what happens when you run right at the Bronco defense...

Three plays and a punt

Ask CE King what happens when you run right at the Bronco defense...Three plays and a punt

Who is to say the Livingston offense isn't better than King's?

Until now I have withheld judgement on the Dayton defense. My reasoning was that with the loss of 5 starters this summer and injuries to Crowder, Brown, and losing Barton to academics there was no way the Bronco staff could pick up the pieces. I was wrong. This defense looks very good to me especially against the run. With LT and Friendswood in D-1 I believe Dayton has a very good chance to bring home a ring.

yeah but what about Dayton's Pass Defense??? Friendswood and Lake Travis killed yall on the pass BH showed signs of beating yall with the pass earlier in the 1st Half. Watch out for a upset in the first round against Livingston ;) ;) ;)

yeah but what about Dayton's Pass Defense??? Friendswood and Lake Travis killed yall on the pass BH showed signs of beating yall with the pass earlier in the 1st Half. Watch out for a upset in the first round against Livingston ;) ;) ;)

Unless Livingston has really improved their aerial attack... don't look for them to beat us through the air. BH mixed it up well for one drive (96 yds i believe). The other score came from a fumble where bh took over inside the 5. When the spread is run effectively, it's very difficult to stop...

BTW if you've seen how hard Texas Tech is to stop,... LT is the high school version of tech, even down to the uniforms. You would be hard pressed to find 2 better QB's in the state or nation than Karam and Gilbert, and if that is what it takes to beat Dayton.... I don't feel the least bit depressed.

Barbers Hill had 133 passing yards and 1 TD pass against Dayton. Carmona threw for 1,621 yards this season and 15 TDs. Daytons defense has had 5 TD passes scored on them this season, 1 in district play. 4 of those were from the Friendswood game, by the way our senior starting safety was out with an injury that game. Karam has 31 passing TD's this season, it is no insult or point of embarassment for a short handed defense to hold karam to 4 TD passes.

I agree Dayton has a great chance to win it all, no question they have no weaknesses just don't beat themselves and they will get a ring.

As for the Lions opening it up not a chance they will keep it on the ground all night hoping for long sustained drives to shorten the game and keep the Bronco's offense off the field.

GO LIONS BEAT DAYTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barbers Hill had 133 passing yards and 1 TD pass against Dayton. Carmona threw for 1,621 yards this season and 15 TDs. Daytons defense has had 5 TD passes scored on them this season, 1 in district play. 4 of those were from the Friendswood game, by the way our senior starting safety was out with an injury that game. Karam has 31 passing TD's this season, it is no insult or point of embarassment for a short handed defense to hold karam to 4 TD passes.

Key word District play.. Dayton's district is very weak.

Key word District play.. Dayton's district is very weak.

Practically all districts in this region are weak.

19-4A stands a very good chance of winning three of the four playoff games this week against 20-4A.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83