Nederland vs. C.E. King Playoff Predictions?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy it Dog fans because Friday night we are done if we play anything like we've played for over HALF THIS SEASON, stick a fork in us.Ā  By the skin of our teeth we made it into the first round of the playoffs and I'll be shocked if we go any farther.Ā  The talent in our District continues to improve and we do not.Ā  The Dogs have great athletes but I seriously question some of the coaching techniques over the last two years.Ā  We've become so freakin transparent that I'm surprised the Ghost Hunters crew hasn't come down to investigate.Ā  Before anyone says "you're just bitter", no I'm just honest.Ā  Our fans have become spoiled to winning and sit in the stands pouting when we're not winning the games.Ā  Lumberton has an awesome thing going on.Ā  Watching the fans, band, coaching staff and players get "excited" is so refreshing that I almost went to their side last night to join the band on the "Thriller" dance.Ā  Lumberton isn't "ruined" by winning yet.Ā  Nederland and PNG have been.Ā  Personally I believe a couple of losing seasons would actually be the best medicine and maybe everyone (coaching staff especially) will refocus and figure out why the heck they're actually here.

My two cents...and this coming from a "homer".Ā  ::)

Nederland will have a tough time in this game...I hope they keep it close but I see King taking this one in a route.Ā  The Hannah kid from Lumberton had 337 and 4 tds...the Alexander kid from King is bigger and faster and King mixes it up better with reverses and a better option game.Ā 

King - 45

Nederland - 14

Any given Friday night ... Ā I'm from King and my college roommate was from Nederland. Ā We had a nice rivalry going in '88 with the King/Ned bidistrict game. Ā I thought I'd call him up this week to poke him in the ribs but I sure would hate to have to eat crow. Ā Anyway I'm picking King by 13. Ā  :)

Nederland needs to get under center and hand the ball to Grogan 25-30 times.Ā  Dude's a haus, and I wasn't impressed with Ned's QB's arm or decision making.Ā  Had they done that, they would of given Lumberton a better run for their money and will have a better shot against King.

I'll take Ned by 7 though, 28-21.

Ned's passing game is a lot better when the All-State WR is in the lineup. I am not making an excuse at all, Lumberton beat us and without Beard to boot. But, Asa Cardenas is the best WR in the district and definitely not being out there affects the passing game. Hats off to Lumberton for getting tremendous pressure all night on Kirby. That is the key to disrupting the spread. Lumberton is an excellent smashmouth football team. Team plays with a lot of emotion and their crowd support is great. I agree with you that we should run Grogan more. I left the game scratching my head last night.

Nederland needs to get under center and hand the ball to Grogan 25-30 times.Ā  Dude's a haus, and I wasn't impressed with Ned's QB's arm or decision making.Ā  Had they done that, they would of given Lumberton a better run for their money and will have a better shot against King.

I'll take Ned by 7 though, 28-21.

Ned's passing game is a lot better when the All-State WR is in the lineup. I am not making an excuse at all, Lumberton beat us and without Beard to boot. But, Asa Cardenas is the best WR in the district and definitely not being out there affects the passing game. Hats off to Lumberton for getting tremendous pressure all night on Kirby. That is the key to disrupting the spread. Lumberton is an excellent smashmouth football team. Team plays with a lot of emotion and their crowd support is great. I agree with you that we should run Grogan more. I left the game scratching my head last night.

Also, if we are not going to run Grogan 25-30 times, how about letting him play a little defense, like on 3rd down.Ā 

Any given Friday night ... Ā I'm from King and my college roommate was from Nederland. Ā We had a nice rivalry going in '88 with the King/Ned bidistrict game. Ā I thought I'd call him up this week to poke him in the ribs but I sure would hate to have to eat crow. Ā Anyway I'm picking King by 13. Ā  :)

Are you kidding me ? Crow ain't that bad.....trust me I've eaten plenty.Ā  ;D

Call the guy, King rolls in this one. They have a solid team this year.

C.E. King 35

Nederland 21

King is not that tough. They do have some speed and a decent running game but they are extremely vulnerable to the pass. Since it takes more time to score for a running team than a passing, I think the bulldogs outscore em in a shoot out. 42 - 35. Good Luck to both teams. Oh....and good luck to which ever team/fans has to park on the visitor side! Parking improvements are in the works, but it's painful right now.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder