Nederland vs. C.E. King Playoff Predictions?

Guest TravelingBandsman

I look for this to be a high scoring game. Nederland's passing offense and C.E. King's run will put up numbers quick. The deciding factor is who will step it up on defense to prevent a couple TD's.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brubaker

Bingo Band, turnovers and penalties will tell the story.  Incidentally, Nederland lost the turnover battle to Lumberton 2-0 and lost by 2 TD's, I don't think that's a mystery.

We don't have a very good defense.

I know you didn't say that......

like i said these guys are playing their a$$ off and get NO RESPECT!!!! that's just not right. I sit in front of a man at the home game and I hear him complain sooooo much about our DEFENSE and I wait and wait on him to say a specific #, because when he says a # I will UNLEASH on him.... these guys are doing what they can do with their sizes, and all I can say is they DID make the PLAYOFFS this year. that's more than I can say about last years team!!!!!

Guest tigersvoice

I have a good feeling about this game. The defense played it's best game last week against one of the top teams in our area.

With Asa back, look for Vidrine and Brady to have a great game. Grogan will get his yards, just wish he could play a little defense.

How do you give up 400 + Yds and say it was the defenses best game?

Well Slick, maybe in all the other games they gave up 500 + yards.

We don't have a very good defense.

I know you didn't say that......

like i said these guys are playing their a$$ off and get NO RESPECT!!!! that's just not right. I sit in front of a man at the home game and I hear him complain sooooo much about our DEFENSE and I wait and wait on him to say a specific #, because when he says a # I will UNLEASH on him.... these guys are doing what they can do with their sizes, and all I can say is they DID make the PLAYOFFS this year. that's more than I can say about last years team!!!!!

you will unleash on him?  what the heck does that mean? You must understand peoples frustrations.  They want to see a solid defense out there. Just like the Cowboys... I love them but I get bent out of shape when they make mistakes.  Its not personal. No one is saying they don't leave it all on the field.  What people are saying is that they're not a good defensive team.  Facts are facts.  Numbers are numbers.  We would not have made the playoffs by last years standards. We would be sitting at home because the boys can't stop the run.  Thats just the way it is this year.

Guest Brubaker

Being critical of individual kids in the stands is uncalled for, but that doesn't change the fact that we don't play good defense.  That's like saying I'm fat, I can argue it all I want, but the blubber don't lie, and my momma still loves me.

This will not be a route. No way, IMO Nederland does have issues with the run game and that is no secret. They are still a good team. I have made a few post about Nederland's "D" but never mentioned a kids name or a coach for that matter. I have been following the Dogs for a long time and I just feel like if you know the run is coming and you put 8 or 9 in the box you should be able to stuff the run. You have to be able to do it to make any kind of run in the playoffs.

I predict a win by the Dogs. 38-21

Guest RatedRSuperstar

Ned put eight in the box against Lumberton and could not stop them.  King's running game makes Lumberton look like slow motion.  Ned needs to create turnovers to win this one.

Staying with King by 14 or more.20-4a feels the pain of defeat by 19-4a teams this year for the exception of Crosby who loses in a close one w/Lumberton.Then you will all know the Broncos would have won 20-4a -3 out of 3 years had the UIL  not realigned the districts. Nederland should not be in this game by most's standards as they and others got a free pass and did not earn a spot.Now in some brackets you have teams w/4&5 dist.losses with a possible repeat shot at a team that beat them earlier-that is just WRONG.I wonder does the UIL get a percentage of the gate $$$$$$$$ in playoff games????You certainly are lucky Dogs so good luck.

Staying with King by 14 or more.20-4a feels the pain of defeat by 19-4a teams this year for the exception of Crosby who loses in a close one w/Lumberton.Then you will all know the Broncos would have won 20-4a -3 out of 3 years had the UIL  not realigned the districts. Nederland should not be in this game by most's standards as they and others got a free pass and did not earn a spot.Now in some brackets you have teams w/4&5 dist.losses with a possible repeat shot at a team that beat them earlier-that is just WRONG.I wonder does the UIL get a percentage of the gate $$$$$$$$ in playoff games????You certainly are lucky Dogs so good luck.

"Now in some brackets you have teams w/4&5 dist.losses with a possible repeat shot at a team that beat them earlier-that is just WRONG."

YOur not talking about Nederland then>.................

Uh Cowgirl, you might want to go back to watching the V-Ball games, there are no 20-4a teams with 4 or 5 DISTRICT losses, we aren't one of those 6 team districts where all but the absolute worst go in.

Did you miss/skip out on reading classes? the remark was about free passes,not earned.And about some playoff brackets there IS TEAMS WITH 4/5 DISTRICT LOSSES.SOME OF YOU MIGHT GET TO PLAY THEM-TEXAS CITY FOR 1 EXAMPLE IS IN W/4 DIST.LOSSES.Was not intented for Nederland,although thank the UIL for a free pass.As for your volleyball remark would not know as I never played the non-contact sport.Maybe you should try a real sport like I do,break horses and ride bulls,how's that.And dip copenhagen.

Did you miss/skip out on reading classes? the remark was about free passes,not earned.And about some playoff brackets there IS TEAMS WITH 4/5 DISTRICT LOSSES.SOME OF YOU MIGHT GET TO PLAY THEM-TEXAS CITY FOR 1 EXAMPLE IS IN W/4 DIST.LOSSES.Was not intented for Nederland,although thank the UIL for a free pass.As for your volleyball remark would not know as I never played the non-contact sport.Maybe you should try a real sport like I do,break horses and ride bulls,how's that.And dip copenhagen.

What a woman!!!!!!! ;D

What a woman!!!!!!! ;D

:o :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder