Rumor

this is gonna get crazy.i heard from someone thats swears he heard credeur from lumberton was who the pngisd board was going after.i personally expect burnett to be back with a new off coord in tow.

I am sure they want him too, but no incentive to go there unless they pay him high, high, dollar.  Not saying he wouldnt take it, just a lateral move.  Alverez on the other hand is a Big Step up for him.

lateral move....BWAHAHAHAAHA, seriously.

and coonass: Matt Burnett is the Athletic Director & HC at PNG. If hes gone the position isnt just a coordinator spot but for the Head Coaching position at PNG....but like I stated earlier Ill believe hes gone when I see it.

You're right, its a slight step down.  But he may get more money though. 

No really,  You know what I mean.  One 4A school for another in the same district.

facilites wise and prestige wise its a move up but lumberton is going to be a force for years to come.imo it would be a tough choice for him to make.i wouldnt mind keeping mb if we were certain he would upgrade his staff.if he decided to leave(it will be his call)i would like pngisd to look outside the area and get someone young and energetic.

There is a real good Pop Warner Coach at Bridge City i think in the 9 & 10 year old range that would make a good O.C.. Cannot remember his name. I think he's a plant worker that coaches on the side.

we already got the best pop warner coach around.no need to go out of the area if we hire from the stfl. ;)

It will be a re-assign type deal for MB...He deserves every bit of that offer....I doubt he will take it and move on to Lamar Univ staff as a recruiter..He played and played well there and does have a daughter still in HS......

Outside the SETexas ranks are very qualified candidates for the job...The issue will be the money for some of the better candidates....75K aint gonna cut it for some of those cats...Camp Money at some of the big schools is where some of those OC and DC are making the gravy!!!

Guest gladiator2

I heard about this yesterday and never thought that I would see this on here. I heard from someone very close to Alvarez that he has mentioned that he is very interested in the PNG job. He wants out of K-Ville but I also heard that he is not a political person and with that being said, he would not make it with the PNGISD officials. He will not kiss anyone's a--. From what I understand is he has a very good offensive mind. I heard that he was coming for the head coaching job. I would not be surprised at all to see Barbara Comeaux as the only AD at PNG. I can see this happening with Lamar starting their program up. Burnett felt the pressure last year, he said that they had to make the playoffs or his job was on the line. So now it only makes sense for him to go to Lamar. I am all for this especially if Alvarez don't play politics, this could be a very good thing. This will only be good if he goes in and cleans house and bring in new faces. I am very sure that nothing will be talked about until after the season for both coaches.

I know that this is all rumors but I know for a fact that Alverez has purchased some land just outside of Kville with plans to build a new house in the near future!  What type of house is anyone's guess?  Just thought that I would throw that monkey wrench into the threat! ;)

I am sure they won't have a hard time finding a quality coach with the tradition, facilities, and fan base that PNGISD has. The only thing that will keep a quality coach away from png is inadequate pay.  I for one hope they never get a good coach. I love to watch PNG lose to Nederland :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder