Most Important 20-4A Game of the Year

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me a break, Lumberton blew out both Livingston and Central (two of Central's scores were a pick-6 and kickoff return, if it wasn't for that, it would of been 34-7).  It was downright ugly watching Central's offense trying to move the ball against the Raider D, trust me.

Lumberton will take care of Ned and win the district outright.  Less the slip up against Vidor, they've hands down been the best team in 20-4A this year.

I guess it's going to be the same way as it was last year.  Doubt the Train for 10 straight weeks, then jump on the bandwagon.  No worries, there will be room for you a month from now.

Give me a break, Lumberton blew out both Livingston and Central (two of Central's scores were a pick-6 and kickoff return, if it wasn't for that, it would of been 34-7).  It was downright ugly watching Central's offense trying to move the ball against the Raider D, trust me.

Lumberton will take care of Ned and win the district outright.  Less the slip up against Vidor, they've hands down been the best team in 20-4A this year.

I guess it's going to be the same way as it was last year.  Doubt the Train for 10 straight weeks, then jump on the bandwagon.  No worries, there will be room for you a month from now.

I've been giving credit to Lumberton all year for their success but I think Nederland will present problems for them and if they lose to Nederland that will only leave Livingston and Central.

From what I've read, you certainly haven't.  Of course, I haven't seen it all so I apologize if that's the case.

Sure, if Lumberton loses to Ned, put my vote down for Livingston as I've heard they've vastly improved since Lumberton.  I can't see that Central offense putting up enough points to beat the Lions.

Regardless of who ends up on top, Lumberton is the most complete team in the district and has the best chance of doing anything in the playoffs.

LB, we have not run that veer offense since we played Lumberton.  It's all wishbone now.  This is how our scoring is up.  Also, we will be playing with #9 Charlie Thomas back, hopefully, and he might be our best athlete.  I wish you could find time to see the Jags now. 

I do agree with you.  We did look pitiful against yall in Lumberton.

You say that central only scored on a pick 6 and a return, when the Ltrain scored on a fumble in the endzone and two jag turnovers on their side of the 50 in the forth quarter... Don't forget it was 14 - 14 just befor the forth before Central's errors caused them to implode.  In fact almost every Ltrain score except for the first touch down came off of a Central mntal mistake!  I can say our offense played to Lumbertons Defenseive strentgh... The middle with that monstar Beard there waiting... I think the game planning for the Jags lost them that game.  They have changed offenses and added some passing, and I think it would be a more complete game if it were played again!

Even if Lumberton wins out they need help to win the district title out right, as does Central and Livingston. The district title is only won out right with having the best record out right, not we are both 6-1 but we beat them, that's CO-CHAMPS with the winner of head to head having the higher play-off seeding if it matters, could be D1-#1 and D2-#1 and the head to head win is about bragging rights.  

From what I've read, you certainly haven't.  Of course, I haven't seen it all so I apologize if that's the case.

Sure, if Lumberton loses to Ned, put my vote down for Livingston as I've heard they've vastly improved since Lumberton.  I can't see that Central offense putting up enough points to beat the Lions.

Regardless of who ends up on top, Lumberton is the most complete team in the district and has the best chance of doing anything in the playoffs.

I dont post much anymore, but this is kind of an ignorant, arrogant post.. I am not here to debate what will happen in the Ned/Lum game, because frankly Nederland's defense is ugly, and I havent seen Lumberton this year... But to say that Lumberton has the best chance of doing anything in the playoffs is pretty ignorant in my opinion.. Livingston has proven it can put up big numbers, Central has proven to grind the ball out and play good smashmouth football and also keep a very talented Nederland offense to 10 points, Nederland has put up huge offensive numbers this year and has proven their ability to score lots of points quickly... I think all of these teams have a great chance of going far in the playoffs... Not just Lumberton, who has gone to the playoffs one year... who's fans think the "L-Train" (whatever that is) is God's gift to High School Football... and who's stadium announcer has NO class whatsoever... making fun of high school athletes on the field is completely unprofessional... act like youve been there before even though you havent.... He thinks tact is something you put in the wall...

on a side note... as far as central goes (and livingston), I was very impressed with the level of athleticism in these teams.. If you combined that kind of talent with Nederland coaching, you'd have a state team... Not to say that Nederland doesnt have talent, but on a whole, I think Nederland lacks in really big or really fast athletes... always have... but coaching.... Undeniably Nederland has the best in the area....

I dont post much anymore, but this is kind of an ignorant, arrogant post.. I am not here to debate what will happen in the Ned/Lum game, because frankly Nederland's defense is ugly, and I havent seen Lumberton this year... But to say that Lumberton has the best chance of doing anything in the playoffs is pretty ignorant in my opinion.. Livingston has proven it can put up big numbers, Central has proven to grind the ball out and play good smashmouth football and also keep a very talented Nederland offense to 10 points, Nederland has put up huge offensive numbers this year and has proven their ability to score lots of points quickly... I think all of these teams have a great chance of going far in the playoffs... Not just Lumberton, who has gone to the playoffs one year... who's fans think the "L-Train" (whatever that is) is God's gift to High School Football... and who's stadium announcer has NO class whatsoever... making fun of high school athletes on the field is completely unprofessional... act like youve been there before even though you havent.... He thinks tact is something you put in the wall...

on a side note... as far as central goes (and livingston), I was very impressed with the level of athleticism in these teams.. If you combined that kind of talent with Nederland coaching, you'd have a state team... Not to say that Nederland doesnt have talent, but on a whole, I think Nederland lacks in really big or really fast athletes... always have... but coaching.... Undeniably Nederland has the best in the area....

Are the bolded statements supposed to go together? If so you haven't paid much attention to the Lumberton announcer, he makes a point of trying to recognize both teams. I don't care much for the job he does, just needs more experience I guess, but I'll give him the fact that he does recognize and try to pump up both teams' fans. In fact that's one thing I've heard a few fans complain about, they feel he should be MORE biased toward Lumberton. I don't hear other school announcers telling the fans on both sides to get up and cheer for their teams at the kick off.

Are the bolded statements supposed to go together? If so you haven't paid much attention to the Lumberton announcer, he makes a point of trying to recognize both teams. I don't care much for the job he does, just needs more experience I guess, but I'll give him the fact that he does recognize and try to pump up both teams' fans. In fact that's one thing I've heard a few fans complain about, they feel he should be MORE biased toward Lumberton. I don't hear other school announcers telling the fans on both sides to get up and cheer for their teams at the kick off.

I know what he is talking about. Last year at the Lumberton/Nederland game he did make some inappropriate comments that were not taken well. They were mocking comments that were a little more colorful than what you typically hear at a high school football game. Normally you just hear the facts from the PA announcer, but your guy was saying things like...... " and the Raiders have them pinned back all the way to Parkdale Mall", which was true but none the less it was just one of many gloating/belittling comments. It was not that big of a deal to me because I knew Lumberton was fired up, it was just WAY more color than you typically hear from a PA guy.

I know what he is talking about. Last year at the Lumberton/Nederland game he did make some inappropriate comments that were not taken well. They were mocking comments that were a little more colorful than what you typically hear at a high school football game. Normally you just hear the facts from the PA announcer, but your guy was saying things like...... " and the Raiders have them pinned back all the way to Parkdale Mall", which was true but none the less it was just one of many gloating/belittling comments. It was not that big of a deal to me because I knew Lumberton was fired up, it was just WAY more color than you typically hear from a PA guy.

Lumbertons PA is very biased.

GoDog, are you serious?  You're calling someone's post ignorant, then explaining how you haven't seen certain teams play.

I've seen Central, Lumberton, Livingston and Nederland.

Central's offense won't beat anyone relevant, Livingston doesn't field a defense, and Nederland, well, it's not even sure yet that they'll make it or not.  But like you said, their defense is weak as well.

Lumberton has the best D, and a consistent offense that puts up 28 or so PPG.

Also, whoever that blamed Central's mental mistakes and said that one of Lumberton's scores was a fumble recovery in the endzone.  Well, I didn't tell your return man to try to come out of the endzone, after some incidental contact at the 5, when he thought he had to.  Good teams know the rules, simple as that.

Also, If you remember, LB, the score was 20-28 with like 3 or 2 mins left.  We were stuck with 4th and short and didn't get it.  Lumberton scored again with about a minute left.  We could have very well went down the field and scored and brought it into OT.

Yes, after not moving the ball the entire game, you could of gone 99 yards and tied it up. 

Come on, man!

I think everyone has missed the boat here on what is the most important game in 20-4A. It has to be the Nederland-Vidor game. That is a playoff game in it's self. The winner will go, the loser will stay home most likely. Lumberton, Central, and Livingston actually can lose a game and still go to the playoffs.

BTW, that is correct in that if 2 teams are tied at the end of the year, they will be declared Co-Champs. The only thing head to head decides is playoff seeding, not district championships.

Good point, Ag.  That game is going to be nasty.

Livingston has Vidor after Central, so if they beat the Jags (which I think should happen), they still have to put away those Pirates that will still be fighting for a playoff spot. 

So it could very easily end up (whenever I said Lumberton could win it outright):

Lumberton 6-1

Livingston 5-2

Central 5-2

Vidor 5-2

GoDog, are you serious?  You're calling someone's post ignorant, then explaining how you haven't seen certain teams play.

I've seen Central, Lumberton, Livingston and Nederland.

Central's offense won't beat anyone relevant, Livingston doesn't field a defense, and Nederland, well, it's not even sure yet that they'll make it or not.  But like you said, their defense is weak as well.

Lumberton has the best D, and a consistent offense that puts up 28 or so PPG.

Also, whoever that blamed Central's mental mistakes and said that one of Lumberton's scores was a fumble recovery in the endzone.  Well, I didn't tell your return man to try to come out of the endzone, after some incidental contact at the 5, when he thought he had to.  Good teams know the rules, simple as that.

Do you know the game?  The kid touched the ball on the Kick off in the field of play,  Then he ran back into the endzone to regain possession... If he would have been tackled in the endzone it would have been a safety; trherefore he had to come out the endzone.  Then the next play was a fumble on a delayed handoff that I believe was a silly call to begin with.

The one thing that you don't know is that Central offense has changed and it is looking better every week.  They have not run the same offense since Lumberton. I will admit Lumberton is a good football team, I will even admit that their coach flat out coached Central's in that game, but come on man you know that Ltown scored every touch down off of Central miscues.... 2 bad punts, two TOs in the fourth quater and one real drive for a TD that started on Ltrain's 45 yard line!!!!  Execution is the key and Lumberton did it better in that game. 

The only reason I mention those things about the TO and miscues is because you said in an earlier post if it wasnt for the return and the INT the score would have been 34 to 7!!!  Well if it wasn't for TO and special teams miscues the score would have been 7 - 7.... But last I checked TO and special teams are part of the game too and a big reason why Lumberton won... Its all about execution...

Do you know the game?  The kid touched the ball on the Kick off in the field of play,  Then he ran back into the endzone to regain possession... If he would have been tackled in the endzone it would have been a safety; trherefore he had to come out the endzone. 

Wrong.  If you muff it and the ball continues into the endzone on it's own, you can kneel it.

Do you know the game?  The kid touched the ball on the Kick off in the field of play,  Then he ran back into the endzone to regain possession... If he would have been tackled in the endzone it would have been a safety; trherefore he had to come out the endzone. 

Wrong.  If you muff it and the ball continues into the endzone on it's own, you can kneel it.

Is this a change in the rule... Because it happen at a Cebtral game in 2002...  I remember it vivdly!

lol....please allow me to interject for a secondif I may. Lumberton, yes I will give them their right due and props but lets not forget LB how they were not so long ago everyone's door mat, I mean their success is wonderful because it gives another proven team in 20-4A. To say that they will win the title right out is a travesty to say the least, they still have to play Nederland and you don't have to admit it but they will be hard pressed to beat Big Ned. You then will be faced with the fact that Central will beat Livingston, therefore winning the distrcit title right out, I also agree with the one fan who said that when we played Lumberton, we were in the veer offense. We're now running the wishbone BKA "Full House" offense with a little passing and trust and believe that it is very hard to stop. Also our defense (this is by proven facts, not word of mouth) is has only given up 54 yards the last 4 games so take that into deep consideration.

Good thing for Lumberton that this year isn't "not too long ago" then, huh?

I have the upmost respect for Nederland and know it'll be a war, but there's no reason not to be confident.  I'm sure the kids feel the same way.

Enough about the change of offense at Central, though.  If you guys have changed since then, more power to you, and I wish you the best, but you can't take away from Lumberton's effort in that game simply because Central's coach didn't gameplan well enough an offense that would be able to move the ball against the Raider D.

Well guys it seems to me like Livingston Vs. Central could be for all the marbles (especially if Lumberton drops one to Nederland which I expect) what do you'll think?

You lumberton folks took this bait on this one. I think buc new what he / she was doing with this topic    ( rile some raiders )

Well guys it seems to me like Livingston Vs. Central could be for all the marbles (especially if Lumberton drops one to Nederland which I expect) what do you'll think?

You lumberton folks took this bait on this one. I think buc new what he / she was doing with this topic     ( rile some raiders )

Haha not necessarily (except for the part about Nederland beating Lumberton) ;D

"Less the slip up against Vidor" No thanks I won't be jumping on that bandwagon at all >:(!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed