Nederland vs. Livingston Predictions?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to agree with ya on that quote also qb must find a way to be more accurate t o and moss couldnt catch most passes in last nights game and png game was bad also all we had going for us last night was grogan and they just refused to give it to him in second half no answer for him no matter who we play also i wont gaurentee any more wins till we are able to complete a deep pass so sad :'( :'( :'(

Guest Brubaker

I'm taking notes on who the smart posters are, png1 you get a checkmark, ndnwarrior, you get a minus... thought you knew more football bud.  No amount of Nederland losing will improve your season.

Just my opinion on some things but here we go:

1.  Livingston has gotten better all year long in each game in protecting the football.  In the first game against Bellville they had 6 TO's and scored 20 something points.  As each game has gone along they have dropped the TO's and scored more points as evidenced to 41 against Ozen with 2 TO's, 34 against PNG with 2 TO's and 50 against LCM with 0 TO's.  As they protect the ball their offense gets so much better.  Who wouldve thunk huh?

2.  Livingston has so much speed that it's not even funny.  There is not a team in the district, except maybe Central (I don't know because I haven't seen them play) that can match up with Livingston's speed and speed kills.  For those of you whose teams have played them you know what I'm talking about.  Nederland falls into that category in which they willl struggle with their team speed.

3.  There are 4 new Varsity O-linemen on that team.  Those guys have gotten better each week and they are starting to believe that they can move the ball.  There are only two guys that returned from last years team and that takes a while before those guys can truly understand what it means to play on Friday nights.

4.  If you are worried about the 24 points that were given up to LCM let me make something very clear.  14 of those points came on the kicking game in which there were all backups in the game.  The other 10 came on the 1st teamers.  Basically, all that shows is that past the starters there probably isn't much depth but LCM would have NEVER put up that many points had the starters been in the entire game.

5.  As far as the Nederland game?  The two losses Nederland has this year have come against two teams that ran right at them.  Guess what Livingston does well?  They run the ball right at you.  Last night they had something like 400 yards offense with 350 or so being on the ground.  If you run right at Nederland they are very vunerable.

So, in saying that I think the score will be something like:

Livingston - 35

Nederland - 21

Just my opinion on some things but here we go:

1.  Livingston has gotten better all year long in each game in protecting the football.  In the first game against Bellville they had 6 TO's and scored 20 something points.  As each game has gone along they have dropped the TO's and scored more points as evidenced to 41 against Ozen with 2 TO's, 34 against PNG with 2 TO's and 50 against LCM with 0 TO's.  As they protect the ball their offense gets so much better.  Who wouldve thunk huh?

2.  Livingston has so much speed that it's not even funny.  There is not a team in the district, except maybe Central (I don't know because I haven't seen them play) that can match up with Livingston's speed and speed kills.  For those of you whose teams have played them you know what I'm talking about.  Nederland falls into that category in which they willl struggle with their team speed.

3.  There are 4 new Varsity O-linemen on that team.  Those guys have gotten better each week and they are starting to believe that they can move the ball.  There are only two guys that returned from last years team and that takes a while before those guys can truly understand what it means to play on Friday nights.

4.  If you are worried about the 24 points that were given up to LCM let me make something very clear.  14 of those points came on the kicking game in which there were all backups in the game.  The other 10 came on the 1st teamers.  Basically, all that shows is that past the starters there probably isn't much depth but LCM would have NEVER put up that many points had the starters been in the entire game.

5.  As far as the Nederland game?  The two losses Nederland has this year have come against two teams that ran right at them.  Guess what Livingston does well?  They run the ball right at you.  Last night they had something like 400 yards offense with 350 or so being on the ground.  If you run right at Nederland they are very vunerable.

So, in saying that I think the score will be something like:

Livingston - 35

Nederland - 21

What happens when you run right at a WALL, not saying nederland has a wall for defense. However, Livingston can be stopped as evidenced by their district opener. Livingston can be frustrated and forced into turnovers. If you can frustrate them, you can negate their speed. I will say they have obviously improved since the district opener, but that is the only time I have seen them play and I for one was not impressed.

Guest Brubaker

Livingtson may be falling into the same sense of accomplishment that Nederland felt after beating PNG... but we now know that PNG isn't that good.  Livingston has no measuring stick and no significant win to date... just as Nederalnd doesn't, so don't bring what either team has done to the table.  All that said, Nederland wins this game.

I'm taking notes on who the smart posters are, png1 you get a checkmark, ndnwarrior, you get a minus... thought you knew more football bud.  No amount of Nederland losing will improve your season.

Just my opinion, Bru.  I predicted that Central would give Nederland a hard time, and they did, they beat them.  I've seen Livingston play and I feel they are underated.  I think it will be close, but I think Livingston will come out with the win.  Livingston has a lot of speed, not sure that the Dogs can handle it, just my opinion.  As for the Indians season, we know what our mistakes are/were and will try to correct them and continue this season....not expecting Nederland's losses to improve our season...that was a bit "childish", wouldn't you say? >:(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami